Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer one of the best teams in UT history, no way near most talented, imo. I, also, prefer, barely missed the Elite 8 on a bullsh!t foul call against Carson Edwards and Purdue
We played horribly that entire tournament. We were lucky to be in the S16.

And why were they one of the most talented teams in UT b-ball history? Scouting and coaching perhaps? All those players were 3* recruits (Williams, Schofield, Bone, Alexander, Bowden, Fulky, Turner) . Barnes turned them into one of the best teams. Because he's a great coach. Pearl had more "talent" here and at Auburn. Pearl had one better season at Tennessee than Barnes. I like them both, but Barnes is the better coach IMO.
I’ve never thought stars mattered. Especially in basketball. You either got it or you don’t. It is made up of talent and mindset.

Rick has an eye for TALENT and is elite at developing players. No doubt about it. But to dismiss those players innate ability doesn’t make any sense. It’s not like he injected them with some serum. It was their god given ability. Rick taught them how to use it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Not that anyone is really trying to do this, but comparing records/results in single-elimination tournaments is not the best measuring stick. Everyone loves March Madness, and rightfully so. But it is not an attempt to crown as "champion" the best team each year. If they wanted to do that, there would be series or, at a minimum, double-elimination.

I'm not saying Pearl wouldn't have made it to the semi-finals with that Auburn team a few years back...they were on absolute fire in that tournament.

On the other hand, both Pearl's 2010 team and Barnes' 2018 team may have made it to the final four if it wasn't a single-elimination tournament.

Not that anyone is really trying to do this, but comparing records/results in single-elimination tournaments is not the best measuring stick. Everyone loves March Madness, and rightfully so. But it is not an attempt to crown as "champion" the best team each year. If they wanted to do that, there would be series or, at a minimum, double-elimination.
100%. It's absolutely terrible for finding the best team, but also 100% the most exciting because anyone can win it.

We played horribly that entire tournament. We were lucky to be in the S16.
and Auburn was lucky to get out of the 1st round, Virginia was lucky to beat Auburn in the semifinals and LSU was lucky to beat UT in the regular season to cost us a regular season SEC Championship. Luck counts when u get the "W"

and Auburn was lucky to get out of the 1st round, Virginia was lucky to beat Auburn in the semifinals and LSU was lucky to beat UT in the regular season to cost us a regular season SEC Championship. Luck counts when u get the "W"

Virginia's win over Purdue to get to the FF was really remarkable.

From the FF...let the JJP comments rain down....

From D. Ubben, The Athletic

Stock up
-Jalin Hyatt
-Malachi Wideman
-K'Rojhn Calbert
-Jahmir Johnson
-Jeremy Banks
-Guarantano-> quicker decisions and accuracy

Stock down
-Harrison Bailey-> missed a lot of practice time
-Deangelo Gibbs
-JJ Peterson

LSU had the refs to help them beat UT. I think that’s a little more than luck.

Y’all see the BIG10 doubling down with their Penn State doctor report on myocarditis?
Weren't the effects always a moot point? They are the same everywhere! It is about if they are less likely to contract it here than "out there". Heard an ESPN radio guy today explaining why they are safer in dorms, in cohort type situations, than back at home. Even at UT, most cases appear to be from when they went back home.

And if someone does get it, they will get immediate diagnosis and top-notch care here. In the real world, they may not even get tested or be aware for months.

From the FF...let the JJP comments rain down....

From D. Ubben, The Athletic

Stock up
-Jalin Hyatt
-Malachi Wideman
-K'Rojhn Calbert
-Jahmir Johnson
-Jeremy Banks
-Guarantano-> quicker decisions and accuracy

Stock down
-Harrison Bailey-> missed a lot of practice time
-Deangelo Gibbs
-JJ Peterson
interesting thing is this article: Ubben says Gibbs is sitting out to improve his academics, not because of covid19. anyone else hear or read that?

Weren't the effects always a moot point? They are the same everywhere! It is about if they are less likely to contract it here than "out there". Heard an ESPN radio guy today explaining why they are safer in dorms, in cohort type situations, than back at home. Even at UT, most cases appear to be from when they went back home.

And if someone does get it, they will get immediate diagnosis and top-notch care here. In the real world, they may not even get tested or be aware for months.
I know I will not get tested unless I get a fever

The LSU game was rigged. Volnation did it’s thing and we were all blessed to not see Anthony Jordan after it.

We struggled in every single game that tourney. AU might’ve been lucky to win their first game but they beat the breaks off UNC and soundly beat Kansas.

Aaaaaaannnnnnddd The Timberwolves suck.

Minnesota welcome your new basketball coach Greg Schiano

I know he was born into UT, but man he picks some terrible pro franchises and is not the man to revive them. Somebody is, but it isn't him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back