'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

Pruitt is turning the roster into SEC athletes again.

Not just "SEC" athletes...
Upper Tier SEC/National level athletes.

Lewis and Brooks are guys you would have see at TN on 1990's or Florida State.
LSU of the 2000's.

That's what we need to beat Bama and UGA and Florida.

comment from aufamily lmao
tenor.gif

“I did alright last week, but I know I can do a lot better. I didn’t play too much,” the Vols’ commit said of Handley’s 41-0 shutout victory over Randolph County Friday night. “I was ready to roll, but it will take a little bit to get back in the swing of things.” “I did alright last week, but I know I can do a lot better. I didn’t play too much,” the Vols’ commit said of Handley’s 41-0 shutout victory over Randolph County Friday night. “I was ready to roll, but it will take a little bit to get back in the swing of things.”
“It was OK,” the commit said of spring and summer. “I gained a lot of weight and worked really hard. When we didn’t know exactly what might happen, I was still training hard.” “The 10-game conference-only schedule should be great because we get to see all the SEC teams play each other,” Brooks said. “I’m ready to see the Tennessee / Alabama game and I was pumped when Auburn was added to the schedule. I grew up an Auburn fan, but of course I’ll be pulling for Tennessee.”
Though Brooks is committed to Tennessee, the recruitment hasn’t stopped from other programs. Some teams have stopped while others are still coming, according to the prospect. But the Vols appear to still be recruiting the Brooks as if he wasn’t a commit. “I talk with Tennessee every day, both coach [Jeremy] Pruitt and coach [Shelton] Felton,” Brooks concluded. “They love my pass rush and want to put me in positions to get sacks. “But we always talk a lot more about school and life. I have a great connection with those two.” Brooks and the rest of his Handley teammates will be at Beauregard for Week 2 action this Friday.
-Vq

Rivals.com - On the Road: Simmons/Wommack thoughts from Alabama Week 2

THE HEADLINERS

Brooks performed at a high level when he wasn’t cramping Friday night. It was a very wet, sloppy surface, but he played hard and made a big impact in the Roanoke (Ala.) Handley win. On defense, his main position, he had a couple of sacks, he was in the backfield often and he chased a few plays down from the backside. On offense, he made an outstanding sliding catch as well.
The Tennessee commit had on Alabamagloves (because they match), but he continues to say he is strong in his commitment and locked in with the Vols. He is up around 25 pounds from a year ago and is taking on blocks better and playing with more power in the trenches. He is a versatile player that showed he can be effective standing up or with his hand down.
- Chad Simmons

VN Store

Back