Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read where Jayson Swain was quoted saying something along the lines of - if Tee Martin was the coach, Cade Mays would've been approved to play immediately. Anybody else see/hear this quote? What is swain trying to say?
I'm thinking he's referring to a black/white thing. Maybe he thinks a black head coach will get what he wants in today's environment. That's just a guess though. I do believe Pruitt and Kirby may have some bad blood going on though.

I'm thinking he's referring to a black/white thing. Maybe he thinks a black head coach will get what he wants in today's environment. That's just a guess though. I do believe Pruitt and Kirby may have some bad blood going on though.
I remember that he was miffed that Tee didn’t get an interview from Fulmer.

2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 were all AWFUL played first games for us. We can't start slow this year. Need to be focused and ready for muschump. What should be scars strength and weakness this year?

Kirby Mop Hair Dumb and Pruitt dont like each other.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
AP Top 25 poll reactions: Why Auburn, Oklahoma State are overrated in first college football rankings

“Underrated: No. 25 Tennessee

I pegged the Vols as an underrated team in my Coaches Poll reactions because they were unranked. Well, they cracked the top 25 of the AP Top 25 poll, but they should still be higher.

If we look at the teams in the poll ranked higher than Tennessee planning to play this fall, we see No. 23 Iowa State, No. 21 UCF and No. 20 Cincinnati directly above them. UCF and Cincinnati I'm not going to quibble with. The Bearcats won 11 games last season, and UCF has been a Group of Five powerhouse for a few years now.

Iowa State went 7-6 last year and was 5-4 in the Big 12. Tennessee was 8-5 and went 5-3 in the SEC. So not only did Tennessee have a better record, but it achieved that record in the more difficult conference.

I have nothing against Iowa State, and I fully understand why people are high on it every year. But the Cyclones haven't quite lived up to those expectations yet. They began last season at No. 21 and finished the year unranked. Iowa State hasn't finished any season ranked in the AP Top 25 poll since 2000 when it was No. 25. While I would bet a lot of money that streak ends this season (the AP will not continue ranking teams who aren't playing), I would also bet that Tennessee finishes higher.”
A lot of words to say we should jump just 1 team. Fornelli, aka the Fat Wolverine, really wants our forgiveness.

They return a ton of players. Basically their whole defense and offensive line. Got some good RBs. KY also has a great coaching staff.

People also love terry wilson which I don’t get and I can’t name a single WR they have.
But according to @ChattaTNVol analysis KY sucks. Their o-line is horrible, that was hidden by the style of play on O last year.

I'm not really sure what your point is. I don't disagree. Dobbs was, overall, a very successful QB and gave Tennessee some great moments. He wasn't an elite passer and his inability to see open receivers was a major reason for that. My post isn't inaccurate because yours is accurate.

What I’m saying is,the similarities you are seeing now with JG that you also seen in Dobbs...even with him missing open receivers and not having accuracy.I’d still take Dobbs over JG anyday of the week just because of his leadership and will to win alone.

But according to @ChattaTNVol analysis KY sucks. Their o-line is horrible, that was hidden by the style of play on O last year.

I didn't actually say Kentucky sucked or did I? I think what I said was they might be decent but they would still likely lose to the teams in the top half of the conference as per usual. That said, I did imply Auburn sucks because they don't have an offensive line at all this year. So really - these are two teams that we're going to destroy. In the matchup between the two, I think I'll take Auburn's young but talented defense to shut down the Kentucky offense and I'll take Auburn's offense to struggle even against a Kentucky defense. I think in the end talent beats experience but it won't be easy for Auburn and if it is then we'll know for certain that Kentucky does in fact suck. jmo.

Auburn
Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back