Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I've not seen that exactly which virus induces protection has been identified. Of course, it could be multiple different ones or a combination.
I was just using it as a generalized example. Working within your threshold model it would about have to be more than one.

So which is it, Trump is doing too much or not enough?

He bans travel, you guys call him racist. He offers to help states, you guys tell him to stay out of it. He says lets open things back up, you guys say no and then say look at the economy. It really is funny at this point, I think Trump is a dumba$$ AND everything IS his fault.

FYP

Welcome to the new White House!

5f1f03f4f34d052aae397ea2.jpg

FYP

Welcome to the new America

View attachment 299840[
5e8f33ddb3b09246ae13ba79
/QUOTE]
fyp thank the state governors and Fauci -- Trump didnt shut the economy down

Well, the good news is those guys are on this side of the dirt.

Thanks to Dr. Fauci and the majority of Americans who are smart enough to recognize a pandemic, and wise enough to try to do something about it.

Well, the good news is most of America is wise enough to wear masks, social distance and clamp down businesses as necessary.
How is that good news? It only pushes the duration of the spread further into the year, causing more economic destruction and potentially higher mortality as we near flu season.

I was just using it as a generalized example. Working within your threshold model it would about have to be more than one.
Yeah, it's just hard to say right now. I don't know if research is being done to test for CV subtype immunity in exposed individuals who did not contract the virus. That would certainly be an interesting study.

Reactions: Mick
6 months in...still don't know anybody who has had it. I've heard of people having it but no friends, family, coworkers. Daycare open 3 months, nobody. This is by far the oddest event I've seen in my lifetime. If this thing was even remotely as contagious or bad as it has been made out to be, I should at least see some evidence of it. To be clear, I know it's not a hoax. But hell our entire way of life was tossed in the toilet. None of this makes sense.

How is that good news? It only pushes the duration of the spread further into the year, causing more economic destruction and potentially higher mortality as we near flu season.

You presume a great deal. For starters, studies suggest that immunity granted by the virus is temporary. Also, your herd immunity advocacy was blown out of the water by Fauci yesterday.

"...If the United States allowed coronavirus infections to run rampant to achieve possible herd immunity, the death toll would be massive especially among vulnerable people, the nation's top infectious doctor said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, explained the risks during a live Instagram session with actor Matthew McConaughey.

"If everyone contracted it, even with the relatively high percentage of people without symptoms ... a lot of people are going to die," Fauci said.

"You look at the United States of America with our epidemic of obesity as it were. With the number of people with hypertension. With the number of people with diabetes. If everyone got infected, the death toll would be enormous and totally unacceptable," he said.

6 months in...still don't know anybody who has had it. I've heard of people having it but no friends, family, coworkers. Daycare open 3 months, nobody. This is by far the oddest event I've seen in my lifetime. If this thing was even remotely as contagious or bad as it has been made out to be, I should at least see some evidence of it. To be clear, I know it's not a hoax. But hell our entire way of life was tossed in the toilet. None of this makes sense.
At least some people have had plenty of toilet tissue to last them this toilet toss.

VN Store

Back