Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely coaches get too much IMO. Not sure how you unring that bell though.
Professional athletes, at the top end, are some of the most overpaid people in the world. If this movement is allowed to steamroll, I can see big changes to professional contracts too. The golden goose is gonna die a slow death.

We hit the three southern Colorado NPs, three of the best Colorado scenic byways, and four of the five Utah NPs (no Zion, saving it for later), Utah Scenic Hwys 12 and 24..and five Utah State parks including Kodachrome Basin, Goblin Valley and Dead Horse Point.
If you come back out this way in that general area, I would recommend Monument Valley in southern Utah not far from the 4 corners area.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I laugh every time I hear how players put their bodies or their lives on the line "for our entertainment". The potential to make ungodly money playing a game part of the year has absolutely nothing to do with it.
The vast majority of football do it not for entertainment of spectators nor for the promise of riches. They play because of the love of the game

Do this for college football and let’s play

I agree but it is easier said than done when we are talking about "poor vulnerable kids that are already being taken advantage of" in college. Too much at risk from a political standpoint. If you allow any sort of play, voluntarily or not, these schools and AD's know they will be torn apart by the SJWs. And sadly, these SJWs rule the world these days.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Cancellation of fall sports is not going to change a thing. People are still going to catch covid 5 years from now because half the population will not take a vaccine anyways... Either lock yourself in your house until you die, or get out there and start living again.
Correct. I truly think it is the new year-round flu. Cases will come and go. The question becomes, to my liberal friends, must we keep things shut down and always demand social distance and forced mask wearing from now on? We all know we will never get everyone to wear them, law or not .

Last edited:
I still think we have basketball. Maybe/likely not the full season, but at least conference play and NCAA tourney.

When the vaccine is approved, I think the quantities will already be available. I believe we will have this before the end of the year. I also think we will have $10.00 tests that take less than an hour for results. This will help in a lot of ways. It is just a matter of having enough available to make a big difference.
Good thoughts. I hope you are correct.

Reactions: i2amavol
If you come back out this way in that general area, I would recommend Monument Valley in southern Utah not far from the 4 corners area.
Thought about it, but ended up saving it for a future Arizona loop..After the Moab area I had three days left, so we went down to Mesa Verde, and then spent two days on the San Juan Scenic Byway before heading through Pagosa Springs and on to Taos before heading home.

Rooting for the players on this one. They hold the cards too. If no one plays the university losses millions

Look at the we wanna play. Star players won’t buy in. Too much for them to lose. Money goes into keeping the entire athletic department afloat. Most college academia would be happy for sports to go away. Players hold zero cards. Also, plenty of kids would love to take their place. Show up or here is the door.

Ah a good ole Kantian v Consequentialist debate going on in here. Spoiler: the consequentialist wins in the the end!

I thought you were making a play on Can’tian... no clue that Kant was a German philosopher. How did he survive in Germany? In general, they are too pragmatic to put up with that line of crap...
I agree but it is easier said than done when we are talking about "poor vulnerable kids that are already being taken advantage of" in college. Too much at risk from a political standpoint. If you allow any sort of play, voluntarily or not, these schools and AD's know they will be torn apart by the SJWs. And sadly, these SJWs rule the world these days.

Time to end their tyranny now. SEC must make a stand.
Push for a one time Immediately eligible Covid transfer “for the love of the game”
😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back