Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The adjusted positivity rate today was 9.9% (Note: adjusted means that the total number of positive tests does not equate to the total number of new cases. Some of those tests are presumably followup tests so those are removed from the calculation of the positivity rate).

The reported transmission rate has continued to fall.

View attachment 297930
Still waiting on the Georgia graphs/analysis :cool:

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
Knowing how my company's claim adjusters work, they want to help if its covered. It's that simple. The bottom line isn't as important to that department, contrary to popular belief. Claims get reviewed after for accuracy so pushing forward a claim that isn't covered is a black mark. Claims get reviewed by the company, some states review them and some insurance commissions review them. Depends on the state and their regulations.

Pushing a claim that's in the gray area needs support on why it was covered. That's it. With that said, I'm on the commercial side so claims have a little more documentation to them with WC, GL, Auto, P&C, etc. I've seen us pay claims that were complete trash but its covered because there is nothing we can do. Personal might be different. I havent had issues with HO or Auto but I also havent included medical which is where most shenanigans happen.
Do you mind to say what company you're with? And do you focus on any industry in particular?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
UTAD accepted my money for season tickets, which is what they have done for 45 years. I expect to receive ALL of what I purchased. If I do not receive exactly what I purchased, I will demand a total refund.

Regardless of causation, I am entitled to receive what I purchased.

I'd be willing to bet you will have that option.

Reactions: drvenner
Maybe the Braves too often fall behind when they shouldn't and have to play catch-up late. ;)

Snitker does a lot of things well. Managing the bullpen is not one of them. Or substitutions for that matter. The night before for instance. Bottom of the 9th, we get a slow runner on 1st with 1 out. Wondering if Snitker will use a pinch runner, the announcers mention he had to use all his position players for pinch hitting earlier in the game. A game that has a DH. No, he didn't have to. And a pitch runner may have scored them the tying run. Instead they lose a 1-run game. And none of those pinch hitters that had to be used scored or even got a hit.
Hardly ever out of a game. First year with a DH. Just trying to get the NL mentality out of him...meanwhile wins.

Reactions: Kristy*
The first adjuster told me that the lead adjuster said that they never pay complete loss...said he would send someone else that could submit a claim more in line with the company preferred range. Don’t know if it was just that he was pissed off or if it was true, but subsequent actions were in line with his statements...
I got so mad that I researched Lloyds of London. They have small insurance companies that insure homes. They get x number of bad state insurance board complaints, then the small company gets shut down and they start a new one. ASI was the company. I used them because they also offered flood insurance. They had a large number of complaints with the state board. My fault that I didn’t check before, but I was naive in thinking “Lloyds of London are bigtime, gotta be good right?”

We have all our other policies with Nationwide (fantastic company), but they don’t do flood insurance, so won’t cover for regular homeowners either 😐 I have had many more good stories about Nationwide, Geico, and Allstate.

The story does have a happy ending, we were able to rebuild. Our builder knew how to “hurricane proof” a house, so the rebuild is much better than the pre-tornado version. Matter of fact, I am at our lake house right now...🤠
Use an independent agent. And the company you use should be A rated at worst. New companies are generally cheaper but come with risks, like any business does. An independent agent would at least be able to provide their experience with an insurance company.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Do you mind to say what company you're with? And do you focus on any industry in particular?
Liberty Mutual.
Not really. I used to deal with premium fraud so I guess you can say I dove into construction more than other industries but it was fairly open. I've since changed my role after moving out of Atlanta.

I also dont handle claims but I've worked with that department and I know alot of people in it so I am familiar with general procedures

Maybe the Braves too often fall behind when they shouldn't and have to play catch-up late. ;)

Snitker does a lot of things well. Managing the bullpen is not one of them. Or substitutions for that matter. The night before for instance. Bottom of the 9th, we get a slow runner on 1st with 1 out. Wondering if Snitker will use a pinch runner, the announcers mention he had to use all his position players for pinch hitting earlier in the game. A game that has a DH. No, he didn't have to. And a pitch runner may have scored them the tying run. Instead they lose a 1-run game. And none of those pinch hitters that had to be used scored or even got a hit.
Snit cannot manage a game. But the players love him so every time I point out his foolishness, I’m reminded of this 🙄

It must be impossible to find a good manager who the players also love.

Reactions: Garren04
Use an independent agent. And the company you use should be A rated at worst. New companies are generally cheaper but come with risks, like any business does. An independent agent would at least be able to provide their experience with an insurance company.
I’m a captive agent and can do flood insurance through FEMA. Just about anyone with an insurance license can be registered with FEMA if they want to be. Yes always steer clear of anyone offering a “too good to be true” price and ones that say they can compare their rates against others. That is the biggest load of crap.

Worst case scenario - jmo.

EYFRBN8XQAEBdSN

2019 Athletic dept revenue (football in parenthesis)
  • Ticket sales: $36.2M ($29M)
  • Contributions: $31.3M ($26.4M)
  • Media rights: $34.9M ($15.2M)
  • Royalties, licensing, advertisement and sponsorships: $13.5 ($10.1M)

5 home games X 16,393 fans each = 81,965 tickets total for season X $350/ticket = $28,687,750.

Baseball with the Braves. I can remember when the wins didn’t happen...wasn’t that long ago. Second guessed many a move by Bobby...but wins. #Spite’sAPickyMistress

You and I remember Bobby Cox a lot differently. To me, he was like the Phil Fulmer of baseball. The main decisions I questioned were the conservative ones like too often giving up an out by bunting with a decent hitter, similar to Fulmer milking a small lead for multiple drives. Cox was always very superstitious. I don't remember questioning his personnel decisions often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back