Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the labor have been paid citizens along with legionaries?
If we are being specific to Romans, then most would have been built by legions. Which in reality was a type of slave labor. The poor and unfortunate sent off to die with the promise of land or glory if they are successful in their conquest. The Legions lived and died by their generals and/or consul who had the ultimate power and decided what legionaries received retribution and who didn’t. The roads were built primarily for Roman military conquest.

However almost anything dealing with specifics of the Roman Empire is a generalization when spread over its existence. As it lasted so long and the early Roman Empire was much different than that of post Pompey/Caesar.

After many in the league felt last week that the two added games would just be the next two years of your cross divisional opponent, the SEC is putting together a schedule supposedly more fair and balanced after some schools (Florida and Alabama being two) expressed concern about the difficulty of their schedule when adding their 2021 and 2022 rotating opponents.

What does fair and balanced look like? In the Big Ten it means Ohio State got Purdue instead of Wisconsin.

In the SEC we wait to find out. As a source in the league told us on Wednesday, “I promise you some teams aren’t going to be happy.”

If Tennessee’s draw is Texas A&M and LSU as we are hearing is a strong possibility, you can put Jeremy Pruitt at the top of the not happy list as the Vols would be playing 5 teams ranked n the ESPN’s Top 15 power index, with three of the five coming from the SEC west and two being additions to the altered schedule.

6-4 is about the best we can hope for with that schedule.

Obviously, being in the legal field, I would say otherwise. Lay people don’t always know how to negotiate, and insurance companies know this. There are also some issues involved in some cases that even I (as someone who doesn’t solely do it) don’t always realize. Good PI attorneys know how to get max value. Then, obviously, a lawsuit may be needed, and it might not have gotten to that point if the person never even sought legal advice. Our office will never take more than the client, and often, reduces its contractual fee. So, no, it’s not all bad on this side.
I agree, I have several clients that were royally screwed by insurance companies because they did not hire an attorney. I do think that PI attorneys take too much of the pie though.

It’s unbelievable how biased the SEC is. They don’t hide it.

We can’t afford to go 5-5 and watch this recruiting class fall apart and hot seat rumors start flying. And we could with that schedule. Meanwhile Bama, fL, and ga, are playing the weakest schedules and cruising
It is ridiculous how biased and unfair they are.

We can’t afford to go 5-5 and watch this recruiting class fall apart and hot seat rumors start flying. And we could with that schedule. Meanwhile Bama, fL, and ga, are playing the weakest schedules and cruising

So transparent.

We could play an A-/B+ type game every week and still end up 6-4 with that kind of schedule.

I work in the insurance field and hiring a lawyer is such a waste of time and mainly money for people. The lawyer doesn’t make the claim worth more than it is and they’re going to take 33-40% of your settlement for simply being an intermediary or negotiator. The plaintiff lawyer is an intelligent business model. You get paid and handsomely I might add for writing letters talking about other people’s injuries.

Not always true. Father-in-law got seriously hurt in a crash a couple years ago and his insurer denied his claim outright (other driver had no insurance) even though he had personal injury protection coverage and was 100% not at fault for the accident. He had to get a lawyer and ended up getting all his medical bills paid and then some. Without a lawyer he wouldn't have gotten squat.

Correct. Those 3 schools in particular (maybe add LSU) are the SEC darlings and will be given every advantage over the rest of the SEC. It's completely unfair.

LSU, Texas AM, Bama, Florida, Georgia are all national championship contenders this year and we are going to have to play all of them in a short year with no OOC cupcakes.

Correct. Those 3 schools in particular (maybe add LSU) are the SEC darlings and will be given every advantage over the rest of the SEC. It's completely unfair.

LSU, Texas AM, Bama, Florida, Georgia are all national championship contenders this year and we are going to have to play all of them in a year with no OOC cupcakes.
Considering how we fare against OOC cupcakes maybe we’re getting the better end of the deal.

Obviously, being in the legal field, I would say otherwise. Lay people don’t always know how to negotiate, and insurance companies know this. There are also some issues involved in some cases that even I (as someone who doesn’t solely do it) don’t always realize. Good PI attorneys know how to get max value. Then, obviously, a lawsuit may be needed, and it might not have gotten to that point if the person never even sought legal advice. Our office will never take more than the client, and often, reduces its contractual fee. So, no, it’s not all bad on this side.
Not always true. Father-in-law got seriously hurt in a crash a couple years ago and his insurer denied his claim outright (other driver had no insurance) even though he had personal injury protection coverage and was 100% not at fault for the accident. He had to get a lawyer and ended up getting all his medical bills paid and then some. Without a lawyer he wouldn't have gotten squat.
There are a few times needed yes. To preserve a statute or if injuries are so bad you need them to negotiate down subrogation interest of health insurers but for the majority of wrecks where someone is checked out and released or a few ortho/chiro bills they are not. Contrary to attorney commercials, insurance companies aren’t out to get people. Insurers want to get their driver released from the claim and a lot of times will offer enough to do so.

Smokeytom said:
Gotta say the QB/JG debate is >>>>>>> any talk about that dang Rona

There's gotta be a way to combine the two....

So you are saying our QBs have Rona?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Brillovol
Just spitballing here, but I think we’re caught in the middle and it’s going to be tough to climb out. The SEC wants to protect its playoff contenders (which I get). We would want that treatment too if we were at the top of the conference. We don’t have the standing for that right now. Unfortunately we’re expendable in the conference’s view.

In a year where we could really make a jump in the pecking order, it would be nice to catch a break with our schedule. Lord knows we’ve been through the gauntlet over the last decade. It would help in recruiting and just overall national perception.

It’s going to be tough but we really need to beat the teams we should and knock off two or maybe even three of the others. A lot easier said than done but that would do so much for our program and get us squarely out of the middle IMO.

I don’t know if it’s possible with our roster and QB play. JG is who he is. Maybe HB has the light come on early and is one of those freshman phenoms. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back