Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Corey Evans National Basketball Recruiting Analyst:

I think Tennessee is one of the five or six teams (most likely) to win the whole thing. I think it’s Tennessee above everyone else,” Evans said, adding that he would have the Vols at No. 1 in the SEC regardless of what the NCAA decides on Sarr’s transfer waiver.

In addition to Pons, the Vols will return second-team all-league player John Fulkerson, former five-star recruit Josiah-Jordan James, midseason enrollee Santiago Vescovi and others to an incoming group that includes Sacred Heart transfer E.J. Anosike and one of the nation’s best recruiting classes.

“So you throw all those guys together — they got eight, nine guys, and that rotation is as good as anyone in America,” Evans said. “There’s no drop-off. … I think they can win it all.”

That recruiting class features McDonald’s All-American Jaden Springer, five-star shooting guard Keon Johnson and top-75 forward Corey Walker. Johnson might end up being the best of the bunch, and he could be among the top players in the league this season.

I just don’t know how you keep him out of the starting five in the long run,” Evans said. “Keon is just a different guy. He brings a different dynamic to the table with his two-way abilities, and of course, as you know, his athleticism is the elite of the elite. And now he’s a capable shot-maker. I think he’s really a game-changer for Tennessee.

Confused on where this hype is coming from!...the last McDonald’s all American we had here that matched his hype was Tobias Harris there is no guarantee they will perform well immediately coming out of hig school.Pons and Vescovi can not do it by themselves again it’s going to take others to step up.i seriously hope to see Vescovi moved to the wing so he can be our deep threat for the 3 ball he’s too slow at PG.

Confused on where this hype is coming from!...the last McDonald’s all American we had here that matched his hype was Tobias Harris there is no guarantee they will perform well immediately coming out of hig school.Pons and Vescovi can not do it by themselves again it’s going to take others to step up.i seriously hope to see Vescovi moved to the wing so he can be our deep threat for the 3 ball he’s too slow at PG.
Probably the 3 5 stars we have coming in. As well as the addition of Bailey at guard. Basketball is the easiest sport for freshman to come in and be good. If they can meet the hype then basketball has something special

Probably the 3 5 stars we have coming in. As well as the addition of Bailey at guard. Basketball is the easiest sport for freshman to come in and be good. If they can meet the hype then basketball has something special

Yep. We are F’n loaded. Anyone that doubts that is a F’n idiot too

E7jpE9tWa7gcNTWT0JzVxAb0mT9jyzquAq_ZmTxVD3TYG_opQAF2_yjI1ckCUJ4-jRs-GFiG2cR-WEvn1HrMhJuGkMTNzgD15Y7GryeGYEBHxtT45qcT6VdpTU77Pf-_xs2T6wHDugJG51qny2idktVzMy5f_5O_FrI

We have tonssss of inexperienced talent.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Yup, that was basically a Calipari style class, but with holding onto our veterans and having a developmental coach boosting them all up. The future is BRIGHT.

I know Tony B is polarizing to many, but he’s been hearing the Mississippi schools are out and the Vols are getting 2 of 3 out of LSU, A&M, and Auburn.

The original idea of playing the next rotational opponents was vehemently opposed by Bama and UF. The SEC wants to protect its contenders so that was thrown out. Tony indicated UT is fighting the current proposal but has little chance of changing it. We have nothing to stand on at this point due to our decade plus ineptitude.

We could try another less subtle approach.

7MmS.gif

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I know Tony B is polarizing to many, but he’s been hearing the Mississippi schools are out and the Vols are getting 2 of 3 out of LSU, A&M, and Auburn.

The original idea of playing the next rotational opponents was vehemently opposed by Bama and UF. The SEC wants to protect its contenders so that was thrown out. Tony indicated UT is fighting the current proposal but has little chance of changing it. We have nothing to stand on at this point due to our decade plus ineptitude.

So the announced plan to add teams based on SOS was hogwash?

Are we scared of Bama, UGA, or UF? No shame if you say yes to any. Just gauging what the bar is for being scared. I don't personally feel we should be scared of any team in Year 3, but there are certainly teams that will be biig favorites against us. Bama, UGA, even UF would be ahead of LSU in concerns, personally.
Agreed

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Dude on Finebaum called in and blamed the the current situation with the rona virus on the southern states/man and his religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back