Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

How quickly we forget. Remember all the hullabaloo this Spring where everyone from Constitutional experts to Governors all climbed on Trump and said that he did not have the power to open up the states? Well that would also mean that he doesn't have the power to shut them down. Frankly many Governors orders have been thrown out by the courts 'cause they didn't go through their respective legislatures. Trump did not have the power to shut any state down and if he did, the Trump haters would have climbed all over him and he likely would have been embarrassed in court.

Here's four solid things Trump did to address C19 with documentation:

Do you remember Cuomo saying that he needed 30K ventilators but Trump said "no you don't"? Know how many they really needed? 1705

Trump was the adult in the room on that point.

www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-crisis-ventilator-shortages-have-not-come-to-pass/

Even Gov Cuomo acknowledges that it was Trump who arranged for a ship to be sent to NY. It's not Trump's fault that Cuomo didn't use it, instead opting to send C19+ patients to nursing homes:

news.usni.org/2020/03/18/trump-hospital-ship-comfort-to-go-to-new-york-city-mercy-set-for-west-coast-support

As for ventilators, it was Trump who ordered GM and others to make them:

www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/trump-orders-general-motors-to-make-ventilators-under-defense-production-act.html

Covid testing? By any measure the USA leads the world in testing:

www.statista.com/statistics/1028731/covid19-tests-select-countries-worldwide/

Folks I just gave you four solid facts, all backed up with linked sources, of things that Trump did to address this crisis.
Your last link doesn’t show “any measure” it shows one and the US isn’t even leading. Your other facts generally pertain to just one issue: ventilators. But well done?

Is English not your first language? What part of “scope is unprecedented but nature of the problem... is not new” do you not understand?

The states here that have done well have done so in spite of Trump, not because of him.

Your blame game has fallen flat. Nice try.

I keep thinking back to that first cruise ship, where Trump was going on about the Coast Guard Guys being so brave, delivering the COVID tests via helicopter. At least at that moment it seemed he understood the severity of the situation. About that time he insisted it was under control and things would be fine.

Then, once he realized the backdoor was left open and causing havoc in the North East, he soon shifted to talking about miracles making the virus disappear, and packing the churches on Easter Sunday.

So, what, a messaging problem? Fauci's fault?
The backdoor had been open since probably Christmas, thanks to the CCP repressing information as much as they could until it couldn't be hidden anymore. End of the day China screwed us, and they would have screwed Clinton the exact same way. And I wouldn't blame her for the inevitable outcome.

China is still under 5k deaths. They've reported 36 deaths since April 17th. In a country of 1.4B people. Their deaths/100k population is almost dead last in the world. The epicenter of this entire thing and their death rate is 140 times better than ours. Honestly how can any research scientist take what they're saying at face value? It's so absurdly low it's not even remotely conceivable.

Reactions: Sea Ray
The backdoor had been open since probably Christmas, thanks to the CCP repressing information as much as they could until it couldn't be hidden anymore. End of the day China screwed us, and they would have screwed Clinton the exact same way. And I wouldn't blame her for the inevitable outcome.

China is still under 5k deaths. They've reported 36 deaths since April 17th. In a country of 1.4B people. Their deaths/100k population is almost dead last in the world. The epicenter of this entire thing and their death rate is 140 times better than ours. Honestly how can any research scientist take what they're saying at face value? It's so absurdly low it's not even remotely conceivable.

China has lied about this thing from the get go. The ultra low death rate? With their population and where this virus first showed up? Yeah not buying it . China is nothing more than an evil toilet.

No speaking facts here 😂🙄

Sweden is always the shining example yet has a total population the size of New York City; hardly comparable. Japan has a total population 12x that of Sweden and much smaller in size and has suffered a death rate 70x lower than Sweden. Funny how it’s never mentioned as an example and they just happen to enforce masks and social distancing in schools. The same can be said of South Korea but their death rate is only 90x lower than Sweden with a population 5x larger. Brazil took Sweden’s advice and is doing its best to surpass the US in total numbers even though it has 130 million fewer people

Declare victory after misunderstanding what I said and adding nothing of substance? Northdallas40’s alt account, no doubt.

Nice retort. Someone else’s alt account? Classic defense of the defeated. Keep beating that Trump blame drum though. That type of simpleton thinking suits you.

Nice retort. Someone else’s alt account? Classic defense of the defeated. Keep beating that Trump blame drum though. That type of simpleton thinking suits you.
I take it I’m not getting an explanation for why “unprecedented in scope but not a new problem” caused you to malfunction?

Sweden is always the shining example yet has a total population the size of New York City; hardly comparable. Japan has a total population 12x that of Sweden and much smaller in size and has suffered a death rate 70x lower than Sweden. Funny how it’s never mentioned as an example and they just happen to enforce masks and social distancing in schools. The same can be said of South Korea but their death rate is only 90x lower than Sweden with a population 5x larger. Brazil took Sweden’s advice and is doing its best to surpass the US in total numbers even though it has 130 million fewer people

Japan has had strict mask mandated in place yet their case numbers are going up. Don’t you get it? If you and some others cannot see it by now then there is no hope. There is very little we can do to stop the spread. This virus is going to spread regardless of what we do.

Your last link doesn’t show “any measure” it shows one and the US isn’t even leading. Your other facts generally pertain to just one issue: ventilators. But well done?

How does sending a ship to NY deal with ventilators? it does far more than that.

My link on tests shows the US blowing everyone in the world away with testing unless you believe the numbers from China. If you do, fine but per capita, even using China's numbers, we blow them away.

I take it I’m not getting an explanation for why “unprecedented in scope but not a new problem” caused you to malfunction?

Because COVID is a problem not seen in this country in a century. It has presented problems that no modern POTUS has had to face. Saying otherwise is a flat out lie. This thing is absolutely a new problem. And unfortunately the top health experts, lockdowns and strict restrictions exacerbated the problem.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
How does sending a ship to NY deal with ventilators? it does far more than that.

My link on tests shows the US blowing everyone in the world away with testing unless you believe the numbers from China. If you do, fine but per capita, even using China's numbers, we blow them away.

The main problem with the tests is that, even though Trump said that anyone that needs one could get one, we only had several hundred of tests that didn't work.

Where tests would have been the most useful, was during the shutdown, for the purpose of identifying the infected and contact tracing, to stop the spread. Yet, even before we could have enough tests to do that, Trump starts his push to reopen.

I'll not even mention how the administration stifled independent labs from creating tests, which virtually insured we wouldn't meet our necessities.

Saying we have enough tests now, is like showing up with a truck full of smoke alarms after half the neighborhood is on fire.

Oh sorry, yeah I forgot you claimed covid+ patients should have been housed in the ship that had regulations that prevented it from taking patients without a negative covid test at a time when there weren’t tests available for people who were asymptomatic. That was super honest and factual. /s

Maybe you should have found a link that actually said what you claimed about testing instead of making **** up about what was in there.

👎

Because COVID is a problem not seen in this country in a century. It has presented problems that no modern POTUS has had to face. Saying otherwise is a flat out lie. This thing is absolutely a new problem. And unfortunately the top health experts, lockdowns and strict restrictions exacerbated the problem.
Seriously, people who live in this country and can’t speak English... Why can’t you just assimilate to speak the same language as the rest of us?

I said the size (“Scope”) of the pandemic is new. That’s what “unprecedented” means.

However, Obama did deal with multiple deadly contagions including a severe acute respiratory syndrome. The response template is the same. That’s what it means that the “nature” of the problem isn’t new.

They learned from their colossal ****ups and wrote Pandemics for Dummies, left it at the White House, and the Trump Admin didn’t follow it until it was too late.

Reactions: Stew Cook
But, but masks and lockdowns right?

700% increase sound like a big number, but if there was one, then seven, that would be 700%.

I'm just guessing without digging into the numbers, but seems like he's sensationalizing a bit, and trying to make a case against masks.

I see it daily in my practice
People receiving PT in the home have also been left to fend for themselves. The number of people who have avoided preventative screenings and wellness checks is going to lead to a lot of problems down the road as well. But perhaps it will be a small comfort to know they're going to die of prostate cancer instead of corona.

I keep thinking back to that first cruise ship, where Trump was going on about the Coast Guard Guys being so brave, delivering the COVID tests via helicopter. At least at that moment it seemed he understood the severity of the situation. About that time he insisted it was under control and things would be fine.

Then, once he realized the backdoor was left open and causing havoc in the North East, he soon shifted to talking about miracles making the virus disappear, and packing the churches on Easter Sunday.

So, what, a messaging problem? Fauci's fault?
So not really his actions as much as his message? Trump trying to pump hopium and optimism (I call it optimism but I assume others would call it lying)?

Reactions: hog88
Seriously, people who live in this country and can’t speak English... Why can’t you just assimilate to speak the same language as the rest of us?

I said the size (“Scope”) of the pandemic is new. That’s what “unprecedented” means.

However, Obama did deal with multiple deadly contagions including a severe acute respiratory syndrome. The response template is the same. That’s what it means that the “nature” of the problem isn’t new.

They learned from their colossal ****ups and wrote Pandemics for Dummies, left it at the White House, and the Trump Admin didn’t follow it until it was too late.
Yeah ok

VN Store

Back