Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be 16. After all, it is a shortened season.
That wouldn’t be improvement. Weinke is supposed to be this great coach, let’s see if he can coach. So far JG has regressed under him and no one else has gotten better to the point that they can take his job.

That wouldn’t be improvement. Weinke is supposed to be this great coach, let’s see if he can coach. So far JG has regressed under him and no one else has gotten better to the point that they can take his job.
I am telling you...it is NOT weinke’s fault on JG...JG‘s head is the one to blame...its like he Is bi polar when he steps on the actual playing surface. there is nothing CW can do about that.

🤔 There’s always the SPITE factor tho...amirite Bass?
You just can’t stop defending that Braves manager. My goodness man. You must be related. Thankfully he didn’t have the boneheaded decisions the last two days that he did with Chacin to put the Braves in a hole the past two games.

No, if Maurer shows improvement that would be coaching. If he were still a freshman you might say he was just that talented or something. But we saw Maurer last year. So if he is improved then I’ll give Weinke credit

I am telling you...it is NOT weinke’s fault on JG...JG‘s head is the one to blame...its like he Is bi polar when he steps on the actual playing surface. there is nothing CW can do about that.
I believe that. But Shrout hasn’t gotten better, Maurer got worse last year as the season went on. Where is the development? Surely if hes a great coach somebody will improve, right? If Maurer takes the reins and has improved I’ll give him credit

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
And Weinke’s had him ONE season. If you’re counting hairs? He improved from the previous season and Maurer showed more than any true freshman QB since maybe Dobbs.

I have seen this before, but the opposite. Casey Clausen was an absolute mess at practice. It was awful. You wouldn't believe how bad it was unless you saw it with your own eyes.

But then he steps on the field and the lights come on and boom - he is lighting it up.

It's a hard thing to explain.

Not even the most ardent JG haters thinks he doesn’t start game one. Whether he holds on to it, that’s debatable.

And I may be flames for this, but I think if JG earns the job IS NOT an indicator for success. He’s a 5th year guy who’s started pretty much every year and we’re debating his ability. If Bailey or Maurer can’t beat him out, that’s cause for concern IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
I believe that. But Shrout hasn’t gotten better, Maurer got worse last year as the season went on. Where is the development? Surely if hes a great coach somebody will improve, right? If Maurer takes the reins and has improved I’ll give him credit
Shrout didn’t play the previous season...so how do you know? Touchdown against SC didn’t have technical flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back