Anarchy In Portland

I have been personally attacked by "terrorists" with "rockets". I didn't call for help.

Well, depending oh how much liberty I take with those quoted terms.
Sure you have.
You’re as tough as tissue.

The kind that comes with aloe.

If you were solid you could draw a line between a protester exercising his/her freedom of speech and a rioter/criminal violating someone else’s rights.

Sure you have.
You’re as tough as tissue.

The kind that comes with aloe.

If you were solid you could draw a line between a protester exercising his/her freedom of speech and a rioter/criminal violating someone else’s rights.

Dude, I'm sure it's against the law. Reckless endangerment, or something. I'm surprised the Twitter guy didn't state "Terrorist Rocket Attack Backfires". At least that would have been funny.

whatever

Dude, I'm sure it's against the law. Reckless endangerment, or something. I'm surprised the Twitter guy didn't state "Terrorist Rocket Attack Backfires". At least that would have been funny.

whatever

Spin, twist, explain away, make excuses.
But a criminal is not a protester. And it really pisses me off that people like you allow the message to be stolen by thugs and criminals.

For example, it’s beyond obvious that there needs to be reform in several areas.
Oversight for policing
Welfare reform
Immigration.
But dipsticks like you making excuses for the rioters allow both sides to argue about what is and isn’t a stack of bibles. Is anyone talking about the reform needed anymore? Because before the violence started we we’re having good conversations about what needed to be done and that has all been lost to the thugs.
You know what else has been lost? Any hope of change

Spin, twist, explain away, make excuses.
But a criminal is not a protester. And it really pisses me off that people like you allow the message to be stolen by thugs and criminals.

For example, it’s beyond obvious that there needs to be reform in several areas.
Oversight for policing
Welfare reform
Immigration.
But dipsticks like you making excuses for the rioters allow both sides to argue about what is and isn’t a stack of bibles. Is anyone talking about the reform needed anymore? Because before the violence started we we’re having good conversations about what needed to be done and that has all been lost to the thugs.
You know what else has been lost? Any hope of change

A criminal is not a protester? That's just an absurdly broad statement. But, since we are presumed to be at odds here, I don't like when people expressing their 1st Amendment rights are judged by the worst actors(criminals) in their vicinity.

If you can't see a difference, then yeah, we don't agree at all.

A criminal is not a protester? That's just an absurdly broad statement. But, since we are presumed to be at odds here, I don't like when people expressing their 1st Amendment rights are judged by the worst actors(criminals) in their vicinity.

Ahhhh I see, so during a protest we shouldn’t punish the whole crowd by calling it a riot because of a few “ bad apples “ when the majority of the people are just exercising their right ?

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Ahhhh I see, so during a protest we shouldn’t punish the whole crowd by calling it a riot because of a few “ bad apples “ when the majority of the people are just exercising their right ?

Is there a gotcha in your question, if so, just come out with it....

The difference is you excuse violent behavior as a protest. It isn’t. Those expressing their 1A rights do not get to violate others rights. If they do they are no longer under the 1A.

Stop being a problem.

The difference is you excuse violent behavior as a protest. It isn’t. Those expressing their 1A rights do not get to violate others rights. If they do they are no longer under the 1A.

Stop being a problem.

No disagreement. Those committing the crimes, being arrested, keeps the peaceful protests from looking like anarchy. And I'll agree that the strategy in Portland and other places has been sketchy.

I do get pissed at the media or Twitter randos painting everyone with a broad brush. And that does include not highlighting the bad actors as being a problem.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No disagreement. Those committing the crimes, being arrested, keeps the peaceful protests from looking like anarchy. And I'll agree that the strategy in Portland and other places has been sketchy.

I do get pissed at the media or Twitter randos painting everyone with a broad brush. And that does include not highlighting the bad actors as being a problem.

People like me.....have to condemn the violence immediately. It has to be called out. We have to tell the world that the violent do not speak for us and continue to press for reform. If we speak out against the violence we can keep the message from being stolen and keep the pressure for reform on. Because right now there’s no pressure for reform.

Glad they didn’t need to intervene. Doesn’t mean they left though.
The quotes said that the protestors did things that drew federal response on prior nights: i.e. rattling the fence around the courthouse.

Whether they left or not, they clearly stood down and it improved the situation.

Reactions: Stew Cook
The statement probably MOST IMPORTANT in this entire thread that I have read is this:
(Courtesy Slice)

Once these peaceful protests wanting honest conversations about police reform were HIJACKED by racists like Ktown and violent rioters/arsonists/thieves/murderers
They became pointless. Zero people with working brain cells are gonna listen to or respond as wished once the riots took over. I am not saying this is correct..or good for society long term..but it is certainly true. These rioters are simply domestic terrorists...and our government doesn't negotiate with terrorists, nor will the public ever care what they have to say as they destroy our cities and our country.

There is no excuse for these garbage rioters destroying our taxpayer funded cities. Hopefully this insurrection will be put down soon by state or even federal warriors.

The quotes said that the protestors did things that drew federal response on prior nights: i.e. rattling the fence around the courthouse.

Whether they left or not, they clearly stood down and it improved the situation.
Had the locals done their damn job in the first place they wouldn’t have needed to be there protecting federal property.

I really couldn’t care less if Portland burns itself to the ground. But if those asswipes act out resulting in federal costs to property owned by the other 49 states also then that needs to be shut down.

VN Store

Back