Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had the perfect replacement available in Joe Girardi and let him go to the Phillies
No such thing as perfect replacement in baseball. Girardi mangled some opportunities with loaded Yankees teams. He got his World Series in his second season but that club regressed every year afterwards. I agree he’s a good baseball mind but nowhere near Bass proof. 😉

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
My 16 year old cousin visited last week she had been having a sore throat and then noticed a rash on her leg before jumping in to the pool yesterday which apparently could be a sign of covid. She is feeling really bad today. Her mother also just became very sick. They're getting tested soon

Hadn't heard about a rash being a symptom til today
My wife got the rash on hip as well. I’d bet they have it

No such thing as perfect replacement in baseball. Girardi mangled some opportunities with loaded Yankees teams. He got his World Series in his second season but that club regressed every year afterwards. I agree he’s a good baseball mind but nowhere near Bass proof. 😉
First of all, nobody is Bass proof wait until JG throws a pick this year.
Secondly and I dont mean to keep droning on and on, but its like this. Baseball is a funny game and the right decision doesnt always work out I absolutely agree with that, but I would argue the right decision works out 8/10 times. Take last night for example, 2 on 1 out in a 3-2 game. The goal is to limit the damage and give yourself a chance. So you should go to a guy you trust to get strikeouts and who has experience pitching in those situations (minter, matzek, Jackson etc...) not a journeyman bum who has been a starter his whole career. If you want him to pitch start him in the 6th where he would be more comfortable. Thats the difference between a guy like Giradi and a guy like Snit. Giradi used guys when he needed them when he had them, Snit is afraid to use guys except in their roles. and dont get me started on pitch count and days in a row etc..... Theyre pros their arms aren't going to fall off if you let them throw 10 extra pitches or throw them 3 days in a row.

First of all, nobody is Bass proof wait until JG throws a pick this year.
Secondly and I dont mean to keep droning on and on, but its like this. Baseball is a funny game and the right decision doesnt always work out I absolutely agree with that, but I would argue the right decision works out 8/10 times. Take last night for example, 2 on 1 out in a 3-2 game. The goal is to limit the damage and give yourself a chance. So you should go to a guy you trust to get strikeouts and who has experience pitching in those situations (minter, matzek, Jackson etc...) not a journeyman bum who has been a starter his whole career. If you want him to pitch start him in the 6th where he would be more comfortable. Thats the difference between a guy like Giradi and a guy like Snit. Giradi used guys when he needed them when he had them, Snit is afraid to use guys except in their roles. and dont get me started on pitch count and days in a row etc..... Theyre pros their arms aren't going to fall off if you let them throw 10 extra pitches or throw them 3 days in a row.
I disagree with your math but respect the thinking behind it.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
You don't use a guy to eat innings when it's still a close game and he's walking in runs or getting hit hard. Absolutely ridiculous to bring him back out to start the next inning, which didn't work out well by the way. Sometimes it's just not a pitcher's night.

Snitker is a player's coach. They like him and play hard for him. He gives good interviews and sticks up for his players. But his bullpen and substitution decisions are about as bad as I've seen. His decisions costs games or at the very least makes them more difficult.
We only remember those decisions that don't work out. There was still a long way to go in the game. I believe the announcers said he was a long reliever. Their job is to eat innings. You have a valid point in that the game was still reasonably close.

Well, yes.
If we're going to have a legitimate conversation it would help to not assume the other person is stupid.

The point was he had options. There was no reason to run Chacin out there for 2 innings to watch him get killed. Oh, by the way, Chacin was DFA'd today if that tells you anything. Snit ran him out there with the bases loaded and 1 out in a key moment, watched him get killed, and then sent him out there again the next inning only to give up more runs and ultimately be released today. That's Brian Snitker.

Just a hypothetical question - do you all think if the season gets pushed to the Spring that EEs would be allowed to compete right away?

My wife is a thin chick so I cannot say that I have seen this firsthand...but a single buddy of mine says these yoga pants are both a blessing and a curse. Sure, they are a blessing when we see hot ladies wearing them out and about etc....buy he says that some of them are false advertising. Apparently, in some cases they are this generations "girdle" and are really tight so as to hold "stuff" in and kinda reshape it to look more appealing...he said more than once he has peeled those off of a "thick" attractive girl only to see that booty a growing mass of cellulite that actually isnt shaped like that "perfect booty " shape seen above.

Guess it is kinda a "buyer beware " type deal. Not that I advocate for buying booty...just sayin ...well I guess strip clubs are OK. Somebody gotta support all these "single moms just working their way thru college" after all....

Reactions: maotai
My wife is a thin chick so I cannot say that I have seen this firsthand...but a single buddy of mine says these yoga pants are both a blessing and a curse. Sure, they are a blessing when we see hot ladies wearing them out and about etc....buy he says that some of them are false advertising. Apparently, in some cases they are this generations "girdle" and are really tight so as to hold "stuff" in and kinda reshape it to look more appealing...he said more than once he has peeled those off of a "thick" attractive girl only to see that booty a growing mass of cellulite that actually isnt shaped like that "perfect booty " shape seen above.

Guess it is kinda a "buyer beware " type deal. Not that I advocate for buying booty...just sayin ...well I guess strip clubs are OK. Somebody gotta support all these "single moms just working their way thru college" after all....
Got to walmart. girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back