Newest Conference-only Schedule?

Honestly, I had more or less resigned myself to the idea that the crazies were so much in control of the asylum that there would be no football this year. I would have preferred the original schedule but am pleased that we at least get something.

This could even lead to a permanent change to 9 or 10 conference games with reduced OOC games.

Hearing reports of Auburn AND Tex AM get added to TN's schedule. That's on top of Playing Bama. Really think we should be seeing one of the Mississippi schools.

Based on what has been reported about the additions being SoS-based, this kind of makes sense. Crazy as it is to think about, Tennessee was tied (with Auburn) for the fifth-best SEC record last year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Is there a playoff or bowl scenario if all the P5 finish their adjusted conference only schedules? Will there be a National Champion crowned?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Is there a playoff or bowl scenario if all the P5 finish their adjusted conference only schedules? Will there be a National Champion crowned?

I have no idea what the "magic number" is, but the CFP is going to find a way to stage 3+ (while I doubt you see an expanded playoff this year, I suppose crazier things have happened) games/crown a national champion provided enough games are played regardless of whether or not everyone/anyone fully completes their new slate.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Based on what has been reported about the additions being SoS-based, this kind of makes sense. Crazy as it is to think about, Tennessee was tied (with Auburn) for the fifth-best SEC record last year.
Why is that crazy to think about? We were arguably the 5th or 6th best team in the league last year.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
If 4 or more power5 conferences play then there will be a national championship, less than 4 will mean no championship. I think that's in their bylaws which probably mean nothing in today's day and age.

If the extra 2 conference games get played, it would only be logical to play the next 2 cross divisional games in the rotation. It's a scheduling nightmare anyway if the existing dates on the schedule are honored. How else are they going to decide? This seems like a no brainer to me.

If the extra 2 conference games get played, it would only be logical to play the next 2 cross divisional games in the rotation. It's a scheduling nightmare anyway if the existing dates on the schedule are honored. How else are they going to decide? This seems like a no brainer to me.
They've already said the 2 games added will be based on strength of schedule. We already have Bama and Ark so it will likely be a combo of a good and bad team. LSU/A&M/Auburn will be one game and Miss St/Ole Miss will be the other.

I'd like a Game 1 shot at LSU. Nothing like playing the defending natty champs to keep both players and coaches focused during this grind. Plus LSU has enormous holes to fill, best play them before the holes get plugged up.
I like your thinking...jump up and make a statement early.

I'd like a Game 1 shot at LSU. Nothing like playing the defending natty champs to keep both players and coaches focused during this grind. Plus LSU has enormous holes to fill, best play them before the holes get plugged up.
Longest consecutive winning streak in the country could be on the line as well. It would be a big time game I think.

VN Store

Back