Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Skimming through today's posts, it appears that some are blaming Cain's illness on him not wearing a cloth mask. I missed that, have we now decided they protect the wearer? I was under the impression some were advocating that they might keep an asymptomatic person from spreading the virus. Or, have we moved the goalposts again?

**See: "flattening the curve" -> make the virus magically disappear, or

"14 to slow the spread" -> shutdown until after an effective vaccine is available
139446_w_450_338.jpg

No, it helps both ways. Someone's spittle from talking/yelling doesn't so easily land on those around them, if they are wearing the mask, and it wouldn't easily land in the mouth/nose area of those close by, who were also wearing a mask, regardless if the one doing the expelling was wearing one or not.

But obviously the more that wear them, the less body fluids are ejected onto people and objects nearby, reducing the chance of spreading the contaminated fluids, with the added benefit of subsequent face touching having an extra barrier.

When you go to a restaurant you wear a mask in, sit at a table and take your mask off, eat and fondle everything there, pass your card to the waitress, handle their pen, put your contaminated mask on and leave. Hotels and resorts are having people wear a mask in the lobbies, elevators, and corridors but in the pools and other common areas it’s everything as normal. You do you.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Those are all anonymous reports (Daily Mail) and not scientific. The mistake you're making is that you're try to link the wearing of a mask to political parties. It doesn't work that way. It's not political. I will say that the folks who don't wear a mask are of the persuasion that it's their personal liberty to decide whether to take a risk or not but no party has gotten together and decided on that as a stance.

I am certainly a Republican and I choose to wear a mask in many indoor instances right now, but I in no way feel as if I'm doing the "Democrat thing" by doing so. My guess is Herman Cain knew the risks and he chose not to go there. That is his right

Lol...I gave you a literal picture of the rally, and you still want to deny reality. Do you need a picture of Herman Cain at the Tulsa rally?

You yourself, may wear a mask, but the party that you belong to has been and still is, if this forum is a any indication, very vocally against doing so, even after Trump came out and "wear a mask".

When you go to a restaurant you wear a mask in, sit at a table and take your mask off, eat and fondle everything there, pass your card to the waitress, handle their pen, put your contaminated mask on and leave. Hotels and resorts are having people wear a mask in the lobbies, elevators, and corridors but in the pools and other common areas it’s everything as normal. You do you.

I don't do most of those, I'm just hoping that someones sneeze or spittle doesn't land in my mouth, and If they have a mask too, I feel even better about that not happening.

I don't do most of those, I'm just hoping that someones sneeze or spittle doesn't land in my mouth, and If they have a mask too, I feel even better about that not happening.

People don’t wear a mask when the f***ing eat, drink, or swim. If someone has a hacking cough in front of you at the convenience store and passes the clerk a couple ones and they give you those couple ones back I’m sure you feel great knowing they at least had a mask on.

Well, there you have it. Stew Cook has disproven Science.

So, you think my chances of not contracting COVID are better with someone's snot landing around or in my mouth.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the projectile mucous/spittle reduction theory study, but if you have it, feel free to share.

Well, there you have it. Stew Cook has disproven Science.

FFS...how are you actually a doctor?

Masks are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows masks reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

People don’t wear a mask when the f***ing eat, drink, or swim. If someone has a hacking cough in front of you at the convenience store and passes the clerk a couple ones and they give you those couple ones back I’m sure you feel great knowing they at least had a mask on.

So, your theory is because people don't wear a mask sometimes, it's pointless to were it anytime?

Masks are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows masks reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth.

Linking the CDC? Lol. They have been screwing things up from the get go. But keep slurping on their BS. I guess you believe everything Dr flip flop says as well because he is an “expert.”

I am sure having stage 4 colon cancer had nothing to do with his untimely death. Clearly it was just COVID 🙄

Possibly true. Or maybe the combination of the cancer and COVID caused his untimely death and taking cautions to prevent getting COVID may have reduced his chances of death. This isn't binary.

So, your theory is because people don't wear a mask sometimes, it's pointless to were it anytime?

I’m saying people with a hacking cough shouldn’t be out to begin with and everyone else has to weigh their own risks. The way I’ve seen a great number of people wearing masks I would say it’s pretty pointless.

Linking the CDC? Lol. They have been screwing things up from the get go. But keep slurping on their BS. I guess you believe everything Dr flip flop says as well because he is an “expert.”

I mean when you're entire argument is predicated on not believing in medical science, you've always got your own ignorance to fall back on I guess.

FFS, can you read?

Reactions: theFallGuy

VN Store

Back