Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys can spin this anyway you want but professional golfers are measured by major wins and everyone of them will say that. Jack has 18 major wins and has placed second 19 more times. Tiger, or anyone else, will never match that record. Spin it anyway you need to though.
Who cares how many times someone lost a major?

Tiger is better. Jack is closer to Phil than he is to Tiger.

I'm still of the mind that I could actually watch curling if "players" were required to drink heavily. I want to see those sweeper guys falling all over each other.
Curling could be improved with a number of inovations. Bikini curling would be great spectator sport

Reactions: BennesseeVols
He does, yes.

Obligatory.

Youre-not-the-boss-of-me-GIF.gif

Summary? It's blocked to non-subs.
2018 Composite score 323.13
Is it the biggest bust of a class in recent 247 history?

They signed 26 players. Have had 7 transfers (27% of class) after only 2 years on campus or less:

Justin Fields 5*
Cade May 5*
Brenton Cox 5*
Luke Ford 4*
Otis Reese 4*
Divaad Wilson 4*
Nadab Joseph 4* (did he contribute to the 323.13?) Went JUCO never went to UGA

Georgia’s greatest class of all time only projects to have less than a handful of players be full time starters this season in their 3rd year on campus and has other top rated players not yet living up to their billing.

Busts:

Adam Anderson 5*
Little production, projected back-up/3rd stringer as junior

Not yet living up to ranking:

Tyson Campbell 5*-
Not projected as a solidified full-time starter as junior. Less production than recent transfer Wilson.

Tommy Bush 4* -
Zero production, not expected to contribute this year

In fact in a best case scenario I only see 9 of the 26 signees ever becoming significant players for them. Few if any ever becoming true stars.
Zamir White
James Cook
Jamaree Salyer
Trey Hill
Tyson Campbell
Quay Walker
Azeez Ojulari
Jordan Davis
Jake Camarda (Punter)
This is my case for the title of biggest bust of a class in 247 history

It is the only participant game that is actually improved by unbridled consumption of alcohol. I guess bowling fits that category also.

And curling. What's odd is that curling and bowling are far more fun to watch on tv than golf. All three are fun pastimes if you're a participant but golf is like baseball - fun to play and maybe watch if you're there but boring as hell on to me on tv. I can participate as a player or just sit in the stands and absorb the baseball game and atmosphere (presumably the same holds true for attending a major golfing event) but the televised version is like watching paint dry. Maybe they need better announcers to catch my attention but I don't like either in tv format.

Something else to consider in this Jack/Tiger debate.....in Nicklaus’ day they weren’t “Jack-proofing” courses to try and keep him from destroying it.

They specifically TRIED to keep Tiger from winning.
Wrong! You're probably too young to know this, but courses had to start adding extra trees, because Jack would hit his drives over the trees lining the fairways, and the other pros would watch in amazement. Iirc the 17th at Augusta was one that was Jack-proofed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back