Time no longer on College Football’s side: CBS

I went to Japan, late 90’s or so. I was struck by how many people were wearing masks.

Whether on a train, or waiting at a taxi stand, etc...and it was to be courteous to others.

Also ate in the cleanest McDonalds EVER!

Anyway, when all this Covid-19 stuff started I thought of those folks, and I thought, I reckon that ain’t a bad idea.

It ain’t difficult, maybe a little inconvenient and if It protects the folks that spend 8 hours a day in the stores, I can do that...

Did the store workers using the cash registers have plexiglass up?

Did the store workers using the cash registers have plexiglass up?

I don’t recall, I don’t think so...definitely not at the hotel, not at the McDonald’s and not at the skateboard shop/bar, or the Converse store...but...at that time there was no worldwide pandemic.

It’s just common courtesy there if you think you might be sick...wear a mask.

I don’t recall, I don’t think so...definitely not at the hotel, not at the McDonald’s and not at the skateboard shop/bar, or the Converse store...but...at that time there was no worldwide pandemic.

It’s just common courtesy there if you think you might be sick...wear a mask.

I was wondering if the methods seen in the US was a product of America ingenuity

Why have they stayed “under control” even after the Draconian measures were lifted (specifically Italy)?

Answer (that doesn’t fit your narrative): only so much of the population is predisposed to contract CV19.
Maybe because they knew better than to see how many people would fit in a swimming pool?

I was wondering if the methods seen in the US was a product of America ingenuity

They do currently, but didn't do that when I moved here. I'm not sure what it looks like in the States, but here they have them acting as sort of plastic curtains, draped from the ceiling. Space comes at a premium in Japan, so you don't see the high ceilings here like you do in the States which means they can attach little hooks for hanging stuff up there.

For reference, I'm 6'1" (slightly above average, but by no means large in the US). I bump my head damn near everywhere in this Hobbit-house country. I've developed a hunch because of it, actually.

Tokyo is actually seeing quite a quick rise in cases, so I'm concerned portions of the country may go into lockdown again (many people commute up to 3 hours from the countryside to go to their jobs in Tokyo). The national government just approved gatherings of up to 5,000, so we'll see what impact that has on the professional baseball and soccer leagues here (their largest sports leagues).

As an aside, there actually is a college football league here in Japan. No clue how college sports have been impacted thus far, they aren't the money-makers that American college ball is.

They do currently, but didn't do that when I moved here. I'm not sure what it looks like in the States, but here they have them acting as sort of plastic curtains, draped from the ceiling. Space comes at a premium in Japan, so you don't see the high ceilings here like you do in the States which means they can attach little hooks for hanging stuff up there.

For reference, I'm 6'1" (slightly above average, but by no means large in the US). I bump my head damn near everywhere in this Hobbit-house country. I've developed a hunch because of it, actually.

Tokyo is actually seeing quite a quick rise in cases, so I'm concerned portions of the country may go into lockdown again (many people commute up to 3 hours from the countryside to go to their jobs in Tokyo). The national government just approved gatherings of up to 5,000, so we'll see what impact that has on the professional baseball and soccer leagues here (their largest sports leagues).

As an aside, there actually is a college football league here in Japan. No clue how college sports have been impacted thus far, they aren't the money-makers that American college ball is.

There’s basically a plexi window with enough room to put a 12 pack of...

Cokes in the window. Most of the clerks wear masks, but not everyone. Just my experience.

I didn’t get to stay in Japan very long, but it made a positive impact on me, most polite place I have ever been.

College ball ain't happening this Fall. Our students have to go to classes. It's basically impossible logistically to make it work. Plus, the 2nd wave will hit Oct/Nov and put the kibash on things again.

The prudent thing to do is postpone things until the Spring. Hopefully, we'll have treatments, and/or a vaccine/cure by then. Or, hey, maybe it just simply disappears.

If we're lucky, NFL should be a go this Fall. No fans though. Given where we are now, I'll take it.
This is absolutely not happening. We live in a marvelous time for technology and science, but this ain't science fiction.

College ball ain't happening this Fall. Our students have to go to classes. It's basically impossible logistically to make it work. Plus, the 2nd wave will hit Oct/Nov and put the kibash on things again.

The prudent thing to do is postpone things until the Spring. Hopefully, we'll have treatments, and/or a vaccine/cure by then. Or, hey, maybe it just simply disappears.

If we're lucky, NFL should be a go this Fall. No fans though. Given where we are now, I'll take it.

We have a flue vaccine, yet hundreds of thousands of people still get it every year. After November, this will all go away.

Of the Positives; 99% Recovery rate. JUST TAKE THE DAMN TEMPS AND CARRY ON. Hell wear a mask if you're afraid. But Don't Lay Down and Die.

This will go away in November, what sad is how the social media is so quick to demonize someone for not wearing a mask.

What is your definition of “out of control” in Texas?

To date, we have 195,239 cases out of 2,371,709 people tested (8.2% positive cases) in TX. There have been 2,637 deaths from the positive cases (1.35% of cases or 0.0091% of the state population).

In Tennessee, there have been 51,431 cases out of 895,796 tested (or 5.7%). There have been 646 deaths from the positive cases (1.25% of cases or 0.0095% of the state population).

New Cases
There were 3,449 new TX cases and 1,291 new TN cases on July 5. If TN had the same population of TX, the new case number would have been 5,506 in TN.

Hospitalizations
Currently, there are 8,181 COVID patients in TX hospitals and 2,871 COVID patients in TN hospitals. If TN had the same population as TX, the hospitalization number would have been 12,244 in TN.

Python is a,communist, so he loves to exaggerate and be a drama queen.

This will go away in November, what sad is how the social media is so quick to demonize someone for not wearing a mask.

If you not wearing a mask makes it even slightly less likely that we get football this fall I’m going to be unhappy with you...

If I had to wear a tinfoil hat to work every day all season long to make the season happen, I’d do that. If you can’t be bothered to even wear a mask, you’re not a true fan imo.

If you not wearing a mask makes it even slightly less likely that we get football this fall I’m going to be unhappy with you...

If I had to wear a tinfoil hat to work every day all season long to make the season happen, I’d do that. If you can’t be bothered to even wear a mask, you’re not a true fan imo.
I don't think it's an issue of wearing a mask, but the fact of the governing bodies taking the choice to wear one away. I wear a mask when I'm going to be within 6ft of people because I choose to. I do not however agree with the fact that the choice is being taken away.

I also do not have an issue with private businesses requiring masks to enter said businesses. Their business their rules, my choice to enter or not.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Lol, yeah your opinion is dumb.

If I really believed there would not be a vaccine by year-end, or shortly thereafter, I would be in agreement that it was time to move on with life, but I am believing that this time is different. There are a lot of factors that make it more likely that a vaccine is produced. One is simply the amount of money that is being thrown at it. As much as I get sick when I turn to CNN or MSNBC, I think too many conservatives around here are hitching their brain to Fox News. Yes, it is my go-to if I must watch national news, but there is so much propaganda on ALL national news sites.

It is simple, to me. This is unlike the flu, in that it is new. It is not chronic - not yet anyway. We can't avoid the flu very well, because it is always with us. The Chroneys, as I call them are knew, and we may be able to have better outcomes if we put off getting it for a few months. It's really that simple. We either get a vaccine, or least learn better how to fight it in the body.

I thought things went fairly well when we first opened things back up, but it seemed that after Memorial Day things began to get out of control. First, we gathered together in homes to celebrate. Then, I think what I call "COVID fatigue" set in. We just sort of "got over it." We (I) just went back to our old habits. I know I preach wearing face masks, but I continually find my self not doing it. Now, add 95,000 people into the mix. I just do not see how that is going to have a good outcome.

So, I am bullish on getting a vaccine soon, but thinking it will be a disaster if we do this (football) any time before that happens.

Reactions: tricitiesvolsfan
Lol, yeah your opinion is dumb.
n
Who was it that faked an orgasm while eating at a nice restaraunt (edit: Meg Ryan in Harry Met Sally), in a movie many years ago? That is the way I want to react when someone puts up a fight against wearing a mask, etc.: omg...OMG...OOOOMMMMGGGG...How dare they ask someone to put on one of those terrible, awful masks....Here it comes again....omg....OOOOOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!

Bunch of wusses! Who went and brainwashed you all?! It's a freaking mask, not not a freaking castration machine! Are we so soft that we simply cannot be inconvenienced to even wear a mask occasionally?!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

n
Who was it that faked an orgasm while eating at a nice restaraunt (edit: Meg Ryan in Harry Met Sally), in a movie many years ago? That is the way I want to react when someone puts up a fight against wearing a mask, etc.: omg...OMG...OOOOMMMMGGGG...How dare they ask someone to put on one of those terrible, awful masks....Here it comes again....omg....OOOOOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!

Bunch of wusses! Who went and brainwashed you all?! It's a freaking mask, not not a freaking castration machine! Are we so soft that we simply cannot be inconvenienced to even wear a mask occasionally?!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.
I understand both points. But to judge my vol fandom based on wearing a mask is not acceptable

What is really sad is that uninformed people do not know the benefits of taking simple precautions to protect themselves and others in their families and communities. Maybe if you hide your head deep enough in the sand, you might be able to protect yourself but not the people who are close to you.

What is really sad is that uninformed people do not know the benefits of taking simple precautions to protect themselves and others in their families and communities. Maybe if you hide your head deep enough in the sand, you might be able to protect yourself but not the people who are close to you.
He's not uninformed. This is ALL about November.

VN Store

Back