Jeremy Banks is back on the team

saw it on volswire.
Hope he does well and helps the team.
Good for him. I was on the fence whether they should bring him back but watching all he has done since you can’t help but think he is working to redeem himself and become a better person.
I am a Christian, but regardless of this I believe our entire lives are based upon the notion of self improvement. We all strive to improve who we are at the core and from what I see he is genuinely trying to do that. With that in mind I’m glad he’s back.

Must be based on this listing in the student directory. He did remain enrolled in school after getting kicked off the team, though.

A3D5B080-FF31-4071-BA32-C2231B4DE34C.jpeg

Kinda weird he’s listed as JB Banks. UTsports website shows his middle initial as D.

Last edited:
saw it on volswire.
Hope he does well and helps the team.

He's enrolled in school, nothing has changed with that.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, they still have to find a scholarship for him. With the attrition that was expected after the spring, that wouldn't have been a huge issue. Since there wasn't spring and the only player that departed was Jordan, that makes things complicated. They're currently 6 over the limit without Banks, FWIW.

He's enrolled in school, nothing has changed with that.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, they still have to find a scholarship for him. With the attrition that was expected after the spring, that wouldn't have been a huge issue. Since there wasn't spring and the only player that departed was Jordan, that makes things complicated. They're currently 6 over the limit without Banks, FWIW.

I’m going to take AVs info over yours on this one. Sorry. Especially with volswire releasing a depth chart with him on it. They wouldn’t have done that without hearing something.

Dunno why you keep saying he won’t be on the team other then a grudge you are holding. He has the potential to start next to HT this year.

I’m going to take AVs info over yours on this one. Sorry. Especially with volswire releasing a depth chart with him on it. They wouldn’t have done that without hearing something.

Dunno why you keep saying he won’t be on the team other then a grudge you are holding. He has the potential to start next to HT this year.
Ability to start next to HT??? Laughable. We have four other linebackers in front of Banks.

I have no grudge, I’ve said repeatedly that I think he should be welcomed back to the program because of the work he’s put in to get there.

The scholarship numbers are what they are, they aren’t subject to my opinion either way. We have to drop six scholarships by August. If Banks is brought back, that’s seven that have to go. They have four former walk-ons that have one-year scholarships, so that creates some room, but there’s going to have to have some attrition for there to be a spot. Those are just the numbers.

Ability to start next to HT??? Laughable. We have four other linebackers in front of Banks.
👌 Name one that could possibly start ahead of Banks. Don’t lead off with JJP because that won’t happen.
Any of the freshmen trio from Whitehaven in Memphis could beat him out. Banks never showed out as a great or even talented linebacker in his limited snaps to begin with. Don't EVEN begin to compare his talents with Henry T. NO NO.

I have no grudge, I’ve said repeatedly that I think he should be welcomed back to the program because of the work he’s put in to get there.

The scholarship numbers are what they are, they aren’t subject to my opinion either way. We have to drop six scholarships by August. If Banks is brought back, that’s seven that have to go. They have four former walk-ons that have one-year scholarships, so that creates some room, but there’s going to have to have some attrition for there to be a spot. Those are just the numbers.

Already talked to one of those parents and that walk-on scholarship is for 4 years.

Also, per NCAA guidelines a scholarship offered in the first year basically has to be honored for 4 years. You can’t just take it away without a reason.

Any of the freshmen trio from Whitehaven in Memphis could beat him out. Banks never showed out as a great or even talented linebacker in his limited snaps to begin with. Don't EVEN begin to compare his talents with Henry T. NO NO.

None of the Freshman LBs will start over Banks. Good try though. Also, Banks is an every down LB. Crouch is a run stopping LB so both of them will play during different situations.

But, good try. Also, I never compared HT and Banks. HT is a way better LB then Banks. But, that is why HT is going to run the defense this year.

👌 Name one that could possibly start ahead of Banks. Don’t lead off with JJP because that won’t happen.
None of the Freshman LBs will start over Banks. Good try though. Also, Banks is an every down LB. Crouch is a run stopping LB so both of them will play during different situations.

But, good try. Also, I never compared HT and Banks. HT is a way better LB then Banks. But, that is why HT is going to run the defense this year.
You compared Banks to Henry T just by saying he could start beside him. You are in a dream world. Nice try to you as well.

Reactions: VolSummitt44

You compared Banks to Henry T just by saying he could start beside him. You are in a dream world. Nice try to you as well.

Lol. Your response is a joke. Saying someone will play next to someone isn’t considered comparing them lol. Whew..... school must not of treated you well.

Lol. Your response is a joke. Saying someone will play next to someone isn’t considered comparing them lol. Whew..... school must not of treated you well.
LOL. Your cocktails are treating you just fine because you make no sense whatsoever. Please let me know when Banks is going to start. Thanks.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Good news for our ILB situation. Won't be surprised to see Crouch beat him out. But Pruitt loves the way JB plays. So, I'd imagine he has a bright future for us, and beyond.

Both are combo 2nd level defenders.
Crouch is ILB/OLB
Banks is a ILB/SPUR

Crouch should start but both will play equal snaps. Banks has some explosive ability and range. Physical too. He could become a better Jaylen Reeves-Maybin if he really settles into his 2nd chance.

LOL. Your cocktails are treating you just fine because you make no sense whatsoever. Please let me know when Banks is going to start. Thanks.

Not sure where you're getting your info, but Pruitt is very high on Banks at LB.
He might know a thing or two about defensive players?🤓

VN Store

Back