2022 Recruits

I concur guys......Avery Strickland is a "Top Priority."
Fulton-v-Farragut_2019-1-Danny-Parker-683x1024.jpg

I do think it's time for KJH to target and acquire players ranked at least in the top 25 (the higher the better). Two of those for 2022 would solidify the improvement arc of the team. I don't think it's worthwhile pursuing a player not mentioned in Hoopgurlz, Blue Star, or Prospects Nation and is mentioned in MaxPreps as a softball player just because she is local. My suggestion is find the ranked 2022's in your geographic area and attend their games working UT gear. Post videos here and other media. That would be helping.

I am confused I want to know why Karly Weathers isn’t on any of the recruiting services! She looks like a baller I don’t care what competition she is playing she looks like she has the fundamentals and skills to play at a high level.

va vol with so many players creating videos on their good plays that appear on social media that which we watch is as planned as political advertisements (couldn't resist). In addition the paid AAU and evaluation services (designed to promote) have less efficiency in top 100. I remember how well your "brother?" did a few years ago in identifying quality talent in the greater DC area.

va vol with so many players creating videos on their good plays that appear on social media that which we watch is as planned as political advertisements (couldn't resist). In addition the paid AAU and evaluation services (designed to promote) have less efficiency in top 100. I remember how well your "brother?" did a few years ago in identifying quality talent in the greater DC area.

My brother ?

va volfan - perhaps my mistake but I thought it was you who was an advocate for recruiting Mimi Collins and you referenced someone in your familiar community who was very familiar with her potential way very early.

va volfan - perhaps my mistake but I thought it was you who was an advocate for recruiting Mimi Collins and you referenced someone in your familiar community who was very familiar with her potential way very early.

Ahhhh ... yes I did advocate for Mimi because I lived in the area where she played so I had seen her on multiple occassions so i green lit Collins myself. I still think she has talent and would have loved to see her work under Kellie.

Both are young .... one is 2022 and other 2024.... Just Saying

Last edited:
The reason Holly got canned is that she consistently reeled in those top 20 players, but many of them had flaws in their game that she could not help them overcome. They were often the best athletes on the board and the flaws were usually related to the finer skills of basketball... risk management, efficiency, shot selection, shooting percentage, etc.

KJH is not recruiting the best athletes, she is recruiting the best ball players... shooters, passers, heady/tough players that do the little things required to win. So far I like the players coming in. I know KJH can coach defense; I just hope she can teach them to create open shots and not waste offensive possessions. I must admit, I didn't love her offensive sets.
Great post. Also, high school ranking doesn’t matter once a player gets to college. There are many, many examples of college players and teams that were and are successful without top 50 players out of high school.

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
Both players already look ahead of Miles...

LOL, you’re such a troll. I’ll post my thoughts about BK in a more appropriate thread.

I do think Jaloni is the best player on the court in a lot of games she plays—even with high-level BCS teammates that are 3-4 years older. She’ll have her pick of the country’s elite when it’s time for her to sign. I’m eager to see if she continues to grow. But already she looks like a carbon-copy of Dangerfield and is more advanced than Crystal was at this stage in her career.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Lady Vols for one. Three of our championships were EARNED by teams that were not even expected to make the elite 8.
Which teams were those and were those teams comprised of players were ranked 50 and over coming out HS? Individual Rankings didn't exist in mid 80s and for most of 90s but they were players either McDonalds or Parade All-Americans or both.

Which teams were those and were those teams comprised of players were ranked 50 and over coming out HS? Individual Rankings didn't exist in mid 80s and for most of 90s but they were players either McDonalds or Parade All-Americans or both.
Regardless of whether or not there was an official ranking racket like there is now, Lady Vols were not always stacked with the most talented players. They were coached by Summitt to be better and work harder. 1987. We were ranked 7, and no one picked us to go very far in the NCAA. We upset No. 2 Auburn, No. 4 Long Beach State, and No. 3 Louisiana Tech to win the national championship. Our players were not considered big time. 1997. We lost ten games and were not expected to go past the sweet sixteen. No big time players except Holdsclaw who was a freshman.

Regardless of whether or not there was an official ranking racket like there is now, Lady Vols were not always stacked with the most talented players. They were coached by Summitt to be better and work harder. 1987. We were ranked 7, and no one picked us to go very far in the NCAA. We upset No. 2 Auburn, No. 4 Long Beach State, and No. 3 Louisiana Tech to win the national championship. Our players were not considered big time. 1997. We lost ten games and were not expected to go past the sweet sixteen. No big time players except Holdsclaw who was a freshman.
You set the over 50 mark. In 1987 and 97 there weren't rankings of players, as far as I can tell. So I don't know how you can declare that we didn't have any players under the rank of 50. And surely Holdsclaw would have been in there, if there was.
As far as I can tell, Hoopgurlz first had a class of 100 in 2008. Care to name a team that was successful (final 4 ?, Final 8 ?) without a top 50 recruit in the last 12 years ?

The 1987 team was a 2 seed and they ranked 7th in the polls. They beat three #1 seeds in route to winning the national title. The 1997 team was Chamqiue Holdsclaw's sophomore season.

Reactions: mcannon1

Exactly, I doubt there has been any championship team in last 25 years without top recruits on them. No way they were all 50 or worse in their class. And most all had a top ten if not top five player or more.

VN Store

Back