Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool story..a couple of years ago when we visited Yellowstone, ospreys had built a nest right on top of a little red spire down lower on the Canyon walls...I only saw one, but it was absolutely stunning to watch it flying around below us.

You can take a lake boat back into the Blue Basin of Reelfoot Lake and spot both osprey and bald eagles quite regularly as they will build their nests in a lot of trees and tree stumps in the basin.

59a036125bd7cbea28b08260b8ebed5a.jpg

osprey-nest.jpg

sad post, but this has always been a good place for venting things -
I lost my Dad yesterday after a long struggle with Parkinson’s. And today would be my Mom’s 80th bday, but she passed last fall, succumbing to Alzheimer’s.

So, just an observation from undergoing two soul-battering deaths fairly back-to-back: We all need to spend more time loving on each other and less time worried about what makes us different. We should find the things that unify us and celebrate them and not dwell so much on the divisive things. Democrat, Republican, white, black - whatever: we’re all neighbors, friends, Vol fans, and most importantly- the most amazing creations In the entire known universe. The other little annoying things seem quite insignificant in light of that last fact.

I lost my Dad yesterday after a long struggle with Parkinson’s. And today would be my Mom’s 80th bday, but she passed last fall, succumbing to Alzheimer’s.

So, just an observation from undergoing two soul-battering deaths fairly back-to-back: We all need to spend more time loving on each other and less time worried about what makes us different. We should find the things that unify us and celebrate them and not dwell so much on the divisive things. Democrat, Republican, white, black - whatever: we’re all neighbors, friends, Vol fans, and most importantly- the most amazing creations In the entire known universe. The other little annoying things seem quite insignificant in light of that last fact.
🧡 God bless you! I'm sorry for your losses especially so close together.

Prayers and condolences. Truly tough losing a parent.

After living in that area for a couple years, I don't understand why the hell anyone from another area would want to spend 4 years in that hell hole., especially since they could go anywhere they want.o_O

Their last few QBs and if he's that good he will only be there 3.

A guy I know tried to "rescue" one before and since he didn't know what he was doing the osprey messed him up bad. You cannot look at them in the eye, for example. He didn't know that.
If it was in the water then it was probably resting in between trys of getting out. Those things are extremely powerful

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Sorry brother, prayers sent.

Sorry for you loss brother. Rest knowing your dad is in a better place. A world with no pain and the woman he spent his mortal life wife with now in eternity. You are in my prayers.

Reactions: drvenner
Oh, no. How are y'all doing?
Feeling much better, but it’s just been a very odd Summer through and through.

I recently graduated with my Master’s degree and have been looking for a job, but there just had been very little in the way of opportunities (Thought I might have a job waiting at UT, but looks like all the uncertainty killed the position), so I have been staying with my mom as I continue my search. She went through a divorce at the end of last year and although things had got better between them, things took a turn for the worse and her ex-husband sold the house on short notice. My mom is having a house built which was supposed to be done in early June, but it has been delayed to the point where it won’t be ready till early August. Literally the day before we had to be out of the house, my mom fell ill and my sister who was in town took her to a clinic to see what was up. My mom tested positive for Flu A, strep throat, and Covid-19, so due to exposure, we had to all head to my sister’s studio apartment in downtown Nashville which is where I’ve been the last week.

So that’s my life 🙃

Feeling much better, but it’s just been a very odd Summer through and through.

I recently graduated with my Master’s degree and have been looking for a job, but there just had been very little in the way of opportunities (Thought I might have a job waiting at UT, but looks like all the uncertainty killed the position), so I have been staying with my mom as I continue my search. She went through a divorce at the end of last year and although things had got better between them, things took a turn for the worse and her ex-husband sold the house on short notice. My mom is having a house built which was supposed to be done in early June, but it has been delayed to the point where it won’t be ready till early August. Literally the day before we had to be out of the house, my mom fell ill and my sister who was in town took her to a clinic to see what was up. My mom tested positive for Flu A, strep throat, and Covid-19, so due to exposure, we had to all head to my sister’s studio apartment in downtown Nashville which is where I’ve been the last week.

So that’s my life 🙃

Wow, that sounds like the plot of a Dickens novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back