Knox County Passes Mandatory Indoor Face Masks

Why would anyone go near someone if their pants were off? Same can be said for people not wearing masks....stay away from them. I choose to wear a mask if I'm going to be in close proximity to people, but I don't believe people should be forced under law to wear one either. I know the risk of going into public places, and by going into them I accept the risk regardless who is or is not wearing a mask.
To expound a little bit, even though I don't think masks should be a requirement under penalty of law it can be done without government interference. We see the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service signs on every public business.....it can be expounded to No Masks as well. Then its each person's choice on whether they want to shop there.

Reactions: kcvols1
The average diameter of the COVID-19 virus particles is around 120 nm (.12 μm).

"All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 µm, a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs"

COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

In other words, the gaps in cloth masks are almost 3 times bigger than the average virus particle. And these gaps are the same size in both directions, in and out.

Stop it. People need their feelz.

To expound a little bit, even though I don't think masks should be a requirement under penalty of law it can be done without government interference. We see the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service signs on every public business.....it can be expounded to No Masks as well. Then its each person's choice on whether they want to shop there.

Spicoli and crew disagree.

6a00d8345275cf69e201348992d5dc970c-600wi.jpg

"All of the cloth masks and materials had near zero efficiency at 0.3 µm, a particle size that easily penetrates into the lungs"
Yeah, but . . . the particle size of an exhaled droplet that the virus rides on is significantly larger than that which is why masks are helpful in reducing the outbound.

In other words, the gaps in cloth masks are almost 3 times bigger than the average virus particle. And these gaps are the same size in both directions, in and out.
See my previous post just a few minutes ago.

There's no sound science on anything covid related. It's only been around for few months. So it's not really a valid argument that we shouldn't be taking precautions because they aren't based on sound science. On the flip side are those who don't acknowledge this and speak in absolutes when they dictate we must all do these things. The CDC fell into that trap and unfortinately their credibilty with many people has suffered because of it. In the end it does more harm than good. Just practice good hygeine and use common sense as you would to prevent the spread of germs.

If the masks are so effective and you have yours on why are you worrying about whether or not someone else is?

Because while I wouldn't be breathing in any germs someone unmasked might breathe out, they'd still ride along on my clothes and skin. Simple. If everyone covers their nose and mouth, it makes a huge difference. Not being willing to do that little is stupid and selfish.

It's only a matter of person freedom when it only affects you. When some mouth breathing yokel risks my health and the friends and family I come in contact with, then it's no longer person freedom.

It's not that hard to wear a mask. Don't be that douche.
I personally have no problem with those who choose to wear one and those who don’t. It’s their choice. I choose to wear one when I’m gonna be amongst larger groups of people, if I’m running in and out of somewhere I don’t. I have underlying health conditions with blood clotting. I’m not gonna mask shame somebody either way. Not saying that’s what you’re doing just my POV on it. If I attend a game this year I’ll wear one. They’re a minor inconvenience but worth it IMO

Last edited:
It's not that hard to use critical thinking either but apparently that is in very short supply. If masks work then you and yours can wear your masks and you will be fine against the "mouth breathers". Of course, if you think cloth masks (which is what the vast majority of people are wearing) stop viruses then I am not sure what to tell you.

Seems clear that any mask is better than no mask, and while wearing one helps protect me from breathing in what's out there, it doesn't prevent it from coming along on clothing and skin straight to everyone's elderly family. If you can't see why not taking even such a simple precaution is selfish and stupid, I'm also not sure what to tell you.

I was at the beach last week. An island that just has homes on it, not one with humongous crowds. They made the boardwalks one way. So you had to walk down a couple blocks to get to the correct direction. Now this I thought was stupid. I did run into one Karen who lectured me while not maintaining a proper social distance. Lol

Granted, masks will not catch all particles, but they will catch a bunch.

If the masks are so effective and you have yours on why are you worrying about whether or not someone else is?
Masks people wear out and about are mostly effective against the person wearing one spreading germs. If you're wearing a mask and someone coughs or sneezes on you the droplets can penetrate the mask.

See my previous post just a few minutes ago.
"There is evidence from laboratory studies with coughing infectious subjects that surgical masks are effective at preventing emission of large particles and minimizing lateral dispersion of cough particles, but with simultaneous displacement of aerosol emission upward and downward from the mask."

Why would anyone go near someone if their pants were off? Same can be said for people not wearing masks....stay away from them. I choose to wear a mask if I'm going to be in close proximity to people, but I don't believe people should be forced under law to wear one either. I know the risk of going into public places, and by going into them I accept the risk regardless who is or is not wearing a mask.

giphy.gif

"There is evidence from laboratory studies with coughing infectious subjects that surgical masks are effective at preventing emission of large particles and minimizing lateral dispersion of cough particles, but with simultaneous displacement of aerosol emission upward and downward from the mask."

That supports wearing one. No one is claiming they stop 100% of everything.

Seriously. If you're afraid you're going to get it, take personal precautions to limit/eliminate your chances.

I personally don't like being around people who drink for various reasons... what do i do... i avoid places that sell alcohol.

Too many beta sheep in the country.
Not enough people that want to think on their own and too many of those people that think their way of thinking is the only way of thinking.

People make dumb decisions all the time. A lady went to a family birthday party with a visibly sick aunt. Now the aunt is dead and she is in the ICU as both had comorbidities.

The lady also went into her work office and infected two other people that had to be there. The lady works for my wife. Her bad decisions have put other people at risk. That's why it's not enough to be a personal thing.

I cant go around drunk driving even though I accept the risk to me, it puts others in danger.

If you want a football season you should support anything that gets this under control in the next 6 weeks because we not on the right trajectory for that.

Seems clear that any mask is better than no mask, and while wearing one helps protect me from breathing in what's out there, it doesn't prevent it from coming along on clothing and skin straight to everyone's elderly family. If you can't see why not taking even such a simple precaution is selfish and stupid, I'm also not sure what to tell you.
The virus is dangerous when it becomes present on clothing, but it is safe on the cloth mask often being worn improperly and subject to greater manual contact closer to the face? Thanks.

because we not on the right trajectory for that.
Let me know when we settle on how that's defined. This thing isn't going away so if every little uptick when things open up causes a mad panic and new shutdown we're never going to survive

The way people wear these ridiculous cloth masks is likely more of a danger than no mask. They are nasty

Let me know when we settle on how that's defined. This thing isn't going away so if every little uptick when things open up causes a mad panic and new shutdown we're never going to survive

The way people wear these ridiculous cloth masks is likely more of a danger than no mask. They are nasty

Weak, weak sauce.

VN Store

Back