CHOP has collapsed

I disagree with that as a standard. News doesnt report all the important stuff. It reports the sensational. And that's pretending there is no bias or agenda. A lot of sensational stuff has happened lately.
Bottom line you formed an absolute opinion while proclaiming you knew nothing and weren't following. That's your call to make. Dont fault you because I've likely done the same. But to be fair, that's where he snared you.
I can accept your point of view.
If I claimed I knew nothing (which I don't think I did), I should have instead claimed to know enough to know that........
If I claimed I didn't follow it at all (which I don't think I did), I should have claimed to have followed closely enough to know that...

Another example of my original point being lost in the ensuing nonsense.
The story was grossly over hyped by the right wing media.
It all basically boiled down to much ado about nothing.

Reactions: McDad
The parents who have to bury their dead teenage son tomorrow disagree.
I rarely watch Hannity (if I do, it's on that channel by accident), but my wife said she saw that the father of that boy would be on Hannity tonight. I turned it over.
I still do not like Hannity, but anyone who cannot empathize with that father who is speaking on there and see the tragedy that unfolded has no soul. Period.
And Hannity handled it very well. I think he's a partisan blowhard, but I give him credit tonight.

Luther, man, you really don't bother me. I enjoy reading your posts. But if you think this is a "nuthin burger," you need to tell it to that father after watching this.

I can accept your point of view.
If I claimed I knew nothing (which I don't think I did), I should have instead claimed to know enough to know that........
If I claimed I didn't follow it at all (which I don't think I did), I should have claimed to have followed closely enough to know that...

Another example of my original point being lost in the ensuing nonsense.
The story was grossly over hyped by the right wing media.
It all basically boiled down to much ado about nothing.
Well they didnt burn it to cinder. That's progress considering what's happening nowadays.

You know I am a liberty guy. Much ado about nothing could be accurate. But the folks who live and work in the area which became CHOP likely had some of their rights and liberties altered. The economic hit, the cleanup, will cost Seattle money. Somebody has to cover those expenses.

It wasn't apocalyptic but it also wasnt nothing...especially to the locals. The reality is somewhere twixt the two.

The parents who have to bury their dead teenage son tomorrow disagree.
Of course they do. Just as the parents at the funerals of the hundreds of others who were murdered during the same time frame feel that the murders of their children are just as important and deserve as much coverage as the one murdered in CHOP.

Perspective is an amazing thing.

How do you know? You admitted that you remained Willfully Ignorant of the details and then came up with a proposition that fits your retarded internal narrative.

Turns out you were wrong and still are.

Regards,

Reality
Sometimes Reality has to bite you in the Ass to get your attention.

Of course they do. Just as the parents at the funerals of the hundreds of others who were murdered during the same time frame feel that the murders of their children are just as important and deserve as much coverage as the one murdered in CHOP.

Perspective is an amazing thing.
It's funny this protest started because a policeman fudged up and murdered someone. Then this protest ends because their "police" fudged up and killed someone. I guess real life is more complicated than these "children" (because that's what they act like), thought.

I rarely watch Hannity (if I do, it's on that channel by accident), but my wife said she saw that the father of that boy would be on Hannity tonight. I turned it over.
I still do not like Hannity, but anyone who cannot empathize with that father who is speaking on there and see the tragedy that unfolded has no soul. Period.
And Hannity handled it very well. I think he's a partisan blowhard, but I give him credit tonight.

Luther, man, you really don't bother me. I enjoy reading your posts. But if you think this is a "nuthin burger," you need to tell it to that father after watching this.
No parent of a murdered child is going to view it as a "nuthin burger".
The parents of a teen killed in an auto accident don't view it as a nuthin burger.
The parents of a teen who overdoses don't view it as a nuthin burger.
The parents of a kid who dies because of a gun accident do not view it as a nuthin burger.
The parents of the serviceman who is killed by friendly fire do not view it as a nuthin burger.
All of those are horrible. All of those happen.
To portray one as significantly more relevant than the others is what I disagree with.
The Seattle story was only a nuthin burger (or much ado about nothing) in the context of what the right wing media attempted to portray and when compared to what else was going on around the country at the same time.

Does anybody recall anything like this before 2020? I can't recall any group taking over a small section of a major city in my lifetime.

Does anybody recall anything like this before 2020? I can't recall any group taking over a small section of a major city in my lifetime.
Thanks for the much needed diversion.
I'm going to research.

Reactions: McDad
No parent of a murdered child is going to view it as a "nuthin burger".
The parents of a teen killed in an auto accident don't view it as a nuthin burger.
The parents of a teen who overdoses don't view it as a nuthin burger.
The parents of a kid who dies because of a gun accident do not view it as a nuthin burger.
The parents of the serviceman who is killed by friendly fire do not view it as a nuthin burger.
All of those are horrible. All of those happen.
To portray one as significantly more relevant than the others is what I disagree with.
The Seattle story was only a nuthin burger (or much ado about nothing) in the context of what the right wing media attempted to portray and when compared to what else was going on around the country at the same time.

You skipped right over George Floyd or "George Kirby" as your pandering marxist leader called him.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I live 45 minutes outside of Atlanta in a very conservative area completely controlled by repubs.
There have been more shootings in my county than in CHOP over the same time period.

Did you just compare an apple to a double decker bus ? 6 blocks to a whole county in Georgia ?

VN Store

Back