Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never done that, but I do some sort of follow up right after, typically an email.

The HR head who did the interview asked for more info from me so I added a thank you portion to the email I sent her that included the requested info. I have a buddy who swears by physical thank you notes so now I'm doing that. Can't hurt, right?

Arizona just reinstituted closings of bars and limitations of gatherings over 50. I know of some churches in Tennessee who have seen an uptick in confirmed cases. This is the first time I have been actually concerned you may not see college or professional football. A sport can’t override a state limitation on gatherings (as far as I know...I could be wrong). Just seems like everything is trending the wrong direction

Arizona just reinstituted closings of bars and limitations of gatherings over 50. I know of some churches in Tennessee who have seen an uptick in confirmed cases. This is the first time I have been actually concerned you may not see college or professional football. A sport can’t override a state limitation on gatherings (as far as I know...I could be wrong). Just seems like everything is trending the wrong direction

Oh it ain’t happening. Not with fans at least.

Last edited:
SIAP but you mentioned you think DBs are the most important players on defense correct? Did you post something to back that up or is it just an opinion

Let’s save time and call it my opinion until I find someone else to blame it on. I’ve actually read about it over the years but don’t have a handy reference for you. Clearly there are differences of opinions. Tony Dungy says he likes to build his defenses front to back while Bill Belichick reportedly does the opposite. Of course you need all the position groups functioning well for an elite defense but the secondary is the pretty much the last line of defense on every play. It is the position where you generally expect to get the most turnovers and, something we’re getting a whole lot better at, the secondary is the critical group that leads to coverage sacks. This may not be right but I thought I had heard that Pruitt builds his defenses back to front and given his expertise with and focus on defensive backs I would think that probably would not be all that surprising. jmo.

Edit to add: Think about this. Depending on your talent level in the back end and how good you are in man coverage against elite receivers that's going to potentially limit what you can do with the overall defense. Let's say you have an elite receiver lining up against you and you don't have anyone who can cover him. What are you going to do? You're probably going to have to double the guy or go zone and that's going to make your defense vulnerable elsewhere. If you have enough talent in the back end to cover anybody, no matter how good they are, then your options on defense are all on the table. jmo.

I highly recommend this Clinic by Pruitt for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. He's absolutely great, and at times very entertaining. jmo.

Last edited:
If Trey Smith would have declared, he’d most likely have been a late round draft pick/UDFA with the prospect of no preseason games to establish his place on a team that might or might not even play this season. He goes this calendar year with no recurrence of blood clots and he’s a top 4 round lock with options.

If Trey Smith would have declared, he’d most likely have been a late round draft pick/UDFA with the prospect of no preseason games to establish his place on a team that might or might not even play this season. He goes this calendar year with no recurrence of blood clots and he’s a top 4 round lock with options.

I doubt that. McShay has him ranked 30 overall in the upcoming class. That doesn't translate to UDFA. He would've been a 3rd round pick at worst.

The HR head who did the interview asked for more info from me so I added a thank you portion to the email I sent her that included the requested info. I have a buddy who swears by physical thank you notes so now I'm doing that. Can't hurt, right?
atta boy.... written notes and letters has become a lost art, and they are more meaningful now than they ever have been. We live in a world of disingenuous socialization, and the old time face-to-face and hard copy writing is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back