stock market was up today...

Seems a bit odd to me that people are OK packing in a plane, but not a cruise ship.

Well, cruise ships have been known to be floating Petri dishes for quite some time. Take several thousand people, cram them together, stop in little islands that have less than stellar medical practices and you end up with sick people. Every year there were outbreaks on cruise ships of some kind, usually the vomit and diarrhea version.

Well, cruise ships have been known to be floating Petri dishes for quite some time. Take several thousand people, cram them together, stop in little islands that have less than stellar medical practices and you end up with sick people. Every year there were outbreaks on cruise ships of some kind, usually the vomit and diarrhea version.
It just seems to me that airplanes are bad for airborne viruses, too.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Seems a bit odd to me that people are OK packing in a plane, but not a cruise ship.

A couple of hours versus several days. Maybe a hundred people versus thousands. People are moving around a whole lot on planes so it's probably just one or two dozen potential carriers. And it can maybe incubate on a cruise (actually I don't know the timeline from becoming infected to exposing others would be, but I assume it's possible on a cruise).

It just seems to me that airplanes are bad for airborne viruses, too.
Except you're only on them for a short time, people aren't walking around touching everything and the chance of someone with a virus are less with 150+ people than there is with 5,000.

A couple of hours versus several days. Maybe a hundred people versus thousands. People are moving around a whole lot on planes so it's probably just one or two dozen potential carriers. And it can maybe incubate on a cruise (actually I don't know the timeline from becoming infected to exposing others would be, but I assume it's possible on a cruise).
We think alike TGO.

Reactions: StarRaider
Apple stock drops after report says company will re-close some locations
Published: June 19, 2020 at 12:42 p.m. ET

Shares of Apple Inc. AAPL, -0.61% are off 0.6% in Friday trading after the company was reported to be planning re-closures of some locations due to a resurgence in COVID-19 cases. The company is re-closing certain stores in Florida and Arizona, a CNBC report said Friday. A tweet from Bloomberg said that the company would also be re-closing some stores in North Carolina and South Carolina. The company was among the first to temporarily close locations outside of China earlier this year, and it had been gradually reopening stores.

# # #

And so it begins...
So what begins? AAPL also has a new target of $405 by one analyst.

Navarro just said the China deal is over and futures are down 400. If China confirms, watch for limit down before the bell tomorrow.

They walked that back after about 30 minutes last night and futures reversed. I started to post that news but I didn't think anyone gave a $hit.

Yeah, saw that. Trump's admin is basically handcuffed... they'd like to be tough on China, but the last thing we need right now is a trade war. China knows that, so they're playing the game. Phase 1 of the trade deal is questionable, at best. Navarro f*cked up by speaking the truth. Never do that in politics right.

Apple to temporarily close 7 Houston stores as COVID-19 outbreak worsens in Texas

Apple Inc. AAPL is temporarily re-closing seven stores in the Houston area amid a resurgence of COVID-19 cases in Texas. The company confirmed Wednesday that it would be temporarily shutting its Highland Village, First Colony Mall, Houston Galleria, Memorial City, Willowbrook Mall, Baybrook, and Woodlands locations "with an abundance of caution" given "current COVID-19 conditions in some of the communities we serve." The move comes after Apple last week moved to temporarily shut some locations in Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, and South Carolina, according to reports.

I remember all the Dems making fun of Trump mentioning healing with a UV light in the lungs. That company is AYTU and the procedure is heallight. It was at .30 cents when mentioned. Today it's at 1.72 and has plans to join the Russell 3000 June 29. Supposed to run hard.

If you made fun of him make sure you don't buy this. You don't want to be a hypocrite.
😉

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I remember all the Dems making fun of Trump mentioning healing with a UV light in the lungs. That company is AYTU and the procedure is heallight. It was at .30 cents when mentioned. Today it's at 1.72 and has plans to join the Russell 3000 June 29. Supposed to run hard.

If you made fun of him make sure you don't buy this. You don't want to be a hypocrite.
😉

You might be on to something. The five year chart looks great...
Screenshot_20200628-233049.png

Of course you could also look for stock in a "disinfectant"...
Screenshot_20200628-233125.png

Reactions: MontyPython

VN Store

Back