Lady Vols vs UConn 2021

Great analysis (yes I saw the smiley face..lol.). I was asked to post more detail in my analysis of Miles. Care do be more specific than "not much"?
theres no need for analysis I m not a fan of EW and im not gonna hide it I just think she will be one of those highly recruited athletes that fade away I might be wrong who knows she might have a really good season at UConn if she does I couldnt care less shes not a Lady Vol never will be so im not gonna waste my energy trying to "analyze" her

Reactions: stlvolsfan
theres no need for analysis I m not a fan of EW and im not gonna hide it I just think she will be one of those highly recruited athletes that fade away I might be wrong who knows she might have a really good season at UConn if she does I couldnt care less shes not a Lady Vol never will be so im not gonna waste my energy trying to "analyze" her
Sounds good to me. I'm just having some fun.

While she was inconsistent and certainly struggled mentally under Holly, I enjoyed the times that she played great for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: mcannon1
Sounds good to me. I'm just having some fun.

While she was inconsistent and certainly struggled mentally under Holly, I enjoyed the times that she played great for the Lady Vols.

those times she played great were rare tbh all she brough was unwanted drama glad CKH is recruiting girls og high characters cause something that was lacking in SOME of holly's recruits

those times she played great were rare tbh all she brough was unwanted drama glad CKH is recruiting girls og high characters cause something that was lacking in SOME of holly's recruits
Seems like you are letting your dislike of her taint the facts on how she actually played her sophomore season.

• Named to the SEC Community Service Team for her volunteer work in the Knoxville area.
  • Averaged 14.9 ppg. as a sophomore, tying teammate Rennia Davis for the fifth highest average by a Lady Vol sophomore.
  • Her 4.78 career assist average ranks No. 2 all-time at Tennessee.
  • Her season average of 5.3 assists ranks third all-time by a Lady Vol sophomore.
  • She had 10 20+ point performances and led the team in scoring on 13 occasions during the 2018-19 season.
  • Had four straight 20+ point performances (Oklahoma State, Stetson, Texas, Stanford) from Dec. 2 to Dec. 18, 2019, becoming the first Lady Vol to do so since Candace Parker had four in a row from March 2 to March 9, 2008.
  • Scored a career-high-tying 29 points against Stanford, recording her first career double-double with a season-high 10 assists.
  • Went 12-of-15 from the floor for a career-high 29 points against Oklahoma State.
  • Set a new SEC high of 24 points while adding five assists and a team-high three steals against Arkansas.
  • Scored 23 points in the win at Texas while adding six assists.
  • Went a perfect nine of nine from the free-throw line en route to 20 points in UT’s victory over Stetson.
  • Named SEC Player of the Week after averaging 21.5 points, 5.0 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.0 steals per contest in those triumphs over Stetson and Texas.
  • Also earned College Sports Madness SEC Player of the Week and TSWA Player of the Week accolades for that period as well.
  • Led the team in scoring with 23 points, four rebounds and six assists at Georgia.
  • Paced UT with 20 points in the victory over LSU in the SEC Tournament.
  • Tallied a team-high 19 points while dishing out six assists against Mississippi State in the SEC tourney quarterfinals.
  • Scored 20 points and snagged six rebounds against Kentucky.
  • Tallied 20 points and a career-best seven steals against Presbyterian while also dishing out five assists.
  • Narrowly missed a double-double against Auburn, posting 10 assists, nine points and five rebounds.
  • Named to SEC Preseason Coaches All-SEC Second Team.
  • Selected to Women's Citizen Naismith Trophy Preseason Watch List.
  • Chosen for Nancy Lieberman Award Preseason Watch List.
This was from the Lady Vol team website.

Lots of good games. And her character? "Named to the SEC Community Service Team for her volunteer work in the Knoxville area."

She left in a bad way and she left for UConn. I get it. I wasn't thrilled about it either. I wish she had stayed.

Great analysis (yes I saw the smiley face..lol.). I was asked to post more detail in my analysis of Miles. Care do be more specific than "not much"?

Unless her lateral movement and forward running has been addressed, she will not be athletic enough for Ucon's system.

It was painful to watch Evina's movement on the floor. Unless she was at a full run, she moved like she was constricted

Unless her lateral movement and forward running has been addressed, she will not be athletic enough for Ucon's system.

It was painful to watch Evina's movement on the floor. Unless she was at a full run, she moved like she was constricted
I believe she was constricted and she has had surgery since then, right? I don’t think you have to be athletic to play in UConn’s system.

I hope we get to find out. That means there is basketball this year!

I believe she was constricted and she has had surgery since then, right? I don’t think you have to be athletic to play in UConn’s system.

I hope we get to find out. That means there is basketball this year!

It'll take a very good mechanics coach and probably a track coach to help her relearn how to move.

When running at less than a full run she has no knee lift and she moving laterally she hops.
Over the years I have concentrated on these two things in teaching the mechanics of movement.
My HS track coach called it "No wasted motion" mechanics

He taught:
When running you focus on stationary things in the distance,,if they are bouncing, so are you!
When moving laterally (slides)..your shoulders should be like they're on a conveyor, no up and down movement!
There is much more to what he taught our runners...way too much to go into here

It'll take a very good mechanics coach and probably a track coach to help her relearn how to move.

When running at less than a full run she has no knee lift and she moving laterally she hops.
Over the years I have concentrated on these two things in teaching the mechanics of movement.

He taught:
When running you focus on stationary things in the distance,,if they are bouncing, so are you!
When moving laterally (slides)..your shoulders should be like they're on a conveyor, no up and down movement!
She was clearly restricted by her injury or injuries and that impacted her movement. I don’t think that needs to be coached for her.

She was clearly restricted by her injury or injuries and that impacted her movement. I don’t think that needs to be coached for her.

Oh yes

If it were simply medical detriments, once removed everybody cold run like Usain Bolt. And there would be no need for S&C coaches either. And physical therapists would be witch doctors as well.

Mechanics coaches are paid well for a reason

He taught:
I think i want to quote the head coach at UConn here. He was talking about how the top players all have several different skill coaches who work at different times. He seemed to be saying skill coaches are overrated. He then ended the discussion saying, "There is one thing no skill coach can ever teach you. They can't teach you how to win." Interesting point.

I think i want to quote the head coach at UConn here. He was talking about how the top players all have several different skill coaches who work at different times. He seemed to be saying skill coaches are overrated. He then ended the discussion saying, "There is one thing no skill coach can ever teach you. They can't teach you how to win." Interesting point.

You lost me at ucon

Oh yes

If it were simply medical detriments, once removed everybody cold run like Usain Bolt. And there would be no need for S&C coaches either. And physical therapists would be witch doctors as well.

You know that is not what I meant.

Thanks for almost having a civil conversation.

If she becomes a highly recruited player that fades I blame more of that on her wasting two years of her career with a subpar coaching staff.
However I actually think she’ll be one of those players who have left Holly and flourished whether she does that at her new school or in the pro’s.

Reactions: mcannon1

Interesting all the injury talk. I’m sure it was a factor last year. But, I never was left feeling there was great effort being given particular on defense.

I thought Evina was really good at Tennessee and could have been great if she hadn’t had the joy of the game slowly drained from her. When she finally realized that Holly wasn’t being hyperbolic when she repeatedly answered “I don’t know” when reporters would ask her what was wrong and how was she going to fix it, I saw the light go out for her. Same thing happened to Nared at about the same time in her LV career. And others.

I will never forget how excited and proud she was to be a Lady Vol when she got to campus, and I loved how she was vocal about wanting to do everything she can to get Tennessee back to prominence. But both her spirit and heart were broken, and she had to go. I admit I winced when she said “Sorry, not sorry” in public, but even though that was a little icky, I still hate that she left and I hope she’s well and happy at Connecticut. I’m too old and too secure to hold grudges against kids.

Wouldn’t bother interacting with that poster. Literally here to stir that pot and that’s it. Ever since they joined they have brought nothing but drama. Must be why they’re such a fan of EW.

Oh yes

You should e-mail Auriemma and offer your expert services to train Westbrook. You could probably be there tomorrow.

Wouldn’t bother interacting with that poster. Literally here to stir that pot and that’s it. Ever since they joined they have brought nothing but drama. Must be why they’re such a fan of EW.
If talking basketball is stirring the pot, that’s me.

There are plenty of posters here that bring drama without any help from me.

I like our chances to win most of our games this year with the veteran leadership and talent we have. It's likely UConn will be highly ranked when we play. If we play well up to that point, we will be ranked as well, maybe highly if we're competing hard and with character. If the team is improving and confident, who knows........

VN Store

Back