Brooklynn Miles

Oh boy, I'm crushed.

You just can't stand to have anyone disagree with you.

Her ESPN analysis has some great things to say about her. But not ONCE do they mention shooting. The only known stats I've seend show poor shooting over a 10 game period.

I look forward to watching her play at Tennessee to show off her positive attributes.

Looks to me you are being argumentative and are trying to critic everything he says.

Uh.....didn't you see what I posted?

"Looks like her shooting is on an upward trend. Good to see."

uhh... I guess I just expected a little more with a more in depth insight. With more than 5 games to judge (2 seasons actually) I thought seeing her percentages might give you more insight.

Maybe not though .... anyways thanks for the input

While Miles' 10-game shooting numbers in EYBL play last year are pretty abysmal, her shooting stats the last 2 years of HS look much better:

2019-20 (junior)
  • 34 games
  • FG: 264-543 (.486)
  • 2FG: 212-389 (.545)
  • 3FG: 52-154 (.338)
  • FT: 158-241 (.656)
2018-19 (sophomore)
  • 32 games
  • FG: 216-478 (.452)
  • 2FG: 178-349 (.510)
  • 3FG: 38-129 (.295)
  • FT: 166-238 (.697)
Sources:
2019/20 Kentucky High School Girls Basketball
2018/19 Kentucky High School Girls Basketball
A far better gauge of her offensive ability and the improvement from sophomore to junior is notable. We can see her stats this season if it is played and if she becomes a Tennessee player to see if she again shows improvement. Actually her junior season stats are great any season if the free throw percentage was a little higher. You want your point guard to shoot 75 percent from the line. She slipped a little there from sophomore to junior hopefully this is where she is working to get better. With her defensive skills and passing skills I will take 45 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line any season.

A far better gauge of her offensive ability and the improvement from sophomore to junior is notable. We can see her stats this season if it is played and if she becomes a Tennessee player to see if she again shows improvement. Actually her junior season stats are great any season if the free throw percentage was a little higher. You want your point guard to shoot 75 percent from the line. She slipped a little there from sophomore to junior hopefully this is where she is working to get better. With her defensive skills and passing skills I will take 45 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line any season.

Much better than judging off of a 5 game snap shot👀

Reactions: Volfan2012
I totally disagree on that one, Coach J.

30% is not the shooting percentage that has a defender playing up on her. In fact, with her quickness, they will take their chances playing off her.
I agree @Bballnut1952 30% is a bit low. the minimum desired normally is 33% so she is close. The only problem I have with the 5 game stat post is that those games are over 3 consecutive days. I don't know if she had a migraine or a stomach flu or perhaps some other issue was distracting. Her High school stats for a full season are right where you want them for a freshman point, but a little low for a HS senior going to a top tier program. It appears the shooting skills are there but is something that will need to be developed. I'm a strong BUY on her. On the other side she brings an infusion of speed and quickness that the team needs and a basketball awareness that is going to be a big help. I would imagine her being a January starter if not before.

I agree @Bballnut1952 30% is a bit low. the minimum desired normally is 33% so she is close. The only problem I have with the 5 game stat post is that those games are over 3 consecutive days. I don't know if she had a migraine or a stomach flu or perhaps some other issue was distracting. Her High school stats for a full season are right where you want them for a freshman point, but a little low for a HS senior going to a top tier program. It appears the shooting skills are there but is something that will need to be developed. I'm a strong BUY on her. On the other side she brings an infusion of speed and quickness that the team needs and a basketball awareness that is going to be a big help. I would imagine her being a January starter if not before.

Did you see the more comprehensive stats from full seasons both her sophomore and junior years 🤔

Since B-ball didn’t have anything productive to add after making his/her initial post maybe you can look at the more comprehensive stats and make a more informed post and see how that aligns with the expectations you posted above ?

While Miles' 10-game shooting numbers in EYBL play last year are pretty abysmal, her shooting stats the last 2 years of HS look much better:

2019-20 (junior)
  • 34 games
  • FG: 264-543 (.486)
  • 2FG: 212-389 (.545)
  • 3FG: 52-154 (.338)
  • FT: 158-241 (.656)
2018-19 (sophomore)
  • 32 games
  • FG: 216-478 (.452)
  • 2FG: 178-349 (.510)
  • 3FG: 38-129 (.295)
  • FT: 166-238 (.697)
Sources:
2019/20 Kentucky High School Girls Basketball
2018/19 Kentucky High School Girls Basketball

@NeedOrange here are the more complete stats for you to make a better judgement call... just Incase you missed it

She gives us that one aspect that has been missing for several years,,,the small-speed-guard
and she is a beast of a defender, per her AAU coach's words

Beyond that we have more comprehensive stats. I know you said you didn’t worry about her shooting but that was some people’s knocks after seeing a five game snapshot 😏

Now that we have more comprehensive stats her shooting percentages could improve but they honestly don’t look that bad maybe a little improvement from 3% and into the solid 70s for FT% but looks like she can easily improve on both.

So to me their worries should have been alleviated just a tad seeing more stats... JMHO

I know of at least two recruits who were swayed to pick other than us by this very message board and the totally stupid comments by most who have no clue about anything other than the final score.

Having said that recruits and parents frequent alot of boards, just not this one. Other coaches do also and are quick to point out some of these stellar posts by fans.

Lets not stop anymore from coming here based off our basketball IQ. Thats all for now ladies and gentlemen.

IF that is true, then I think we were lucky they didn't come to UT -- too weak.

I would agree. If any sort of social media is influencing your decision, this a problem to begin with. I do think people should not be critical of recruits and sadly many of the negative posts on here are not vol fans. Just pot stirrers only interested in tearing our players and program down.

I know of at least two recruits who were swayed to pick other than us by this very message board and the totally stupid comments by most who have no clue about anything other than the final score.

Having said that recruits and parents frequent alot of boards, just not this one. Other coaches do also and are quick to point out some of these stellar posts by fans.

Lets not stop anymore from coming here based off our basketball IQ. Thats all for now ladies and gentlemen.

Wow... you seem pretty knowledgeable about things... but be prepared for the “if recruits care about what we say blah blah blah” 🙄

Some of these crotchety people forgot what having feelings and being young are like...

So were you talking recruits in this cycle?

I would agree. If any sort of social media is influencing your decision, this a problem to begin with. I do think people should not be critical of recruits and sadly many of the negative posts on here are not vol fans. Just pot stirrers only interested in tearing our players and program down.

You are exactly right. Hopefully those that drive by can recognize trolls and their motivation.

Reactions: VolBall09
obviously during these quiet months many posters have too much time debating how many angels fit on the head of a pin while maintaining social distancing.

however, there are very, very few women basketball boards that even exist and few programs that have fans (devoted) and in the stands. and players make decisions to attend without interacting with or knowledge of the fan base.

Did you mean:"Having said that recruits and parents frequent alot of boards, just not this one".
Which is what you posted.
Or, did you mean,
Having said that recruits and parents frequent alot of boards, not just this one ?

IF that is true, then I think we were lucky they didn't come to UT -- too weak.

You are exactly right. Hopefully those that drive by can recognize trolls and their motivation.

Welcome to the new millennium!
If you doubt its power, just look at the BLM movement, Trump's use of it, mega movie/tv stars with accounts, etc... They know its ability and reach/

We are no longer a backyard fence group folks. When I met Lou Brown's (Who were from Australia) parents at a game, they responded,,,"Coach Jumper,,, yes we have heard of you"...this had to be from Lou or Volnation bc at that time I had no other social media account.

As @OldNSlow points out this site is read an watched by players, prospects, families and ex-coaches,, and most of the dropin viewers do not post, only read...The trouble for the casual parental or player drive by is that some of our most negative posters have "vol or orange" in their name and they don't realize that they are trolls.

Those of you saying we don't need athletes who are influenced by social media need to understand that every single Lady vol on the roster right now and incoming have twitter, instagram and most of them read this site, so if we're going to run off those influenced by social media,,, we have to run off the whole team and the staff!

@NeedOrange here are the more complete stats for you to make a better judgement call... just Incase you missed it
Yes I saw those stats. They are what I referred to when I said, "Her High school stats for a full season are right where you want them for a freshman point, but a little low for a HS senior going to a top tier program. It appears the shooting skills are there but is something that will need to be developed " Let's face it she's not a great scorer. But as the LV's are constituted right now, she doesn't need to be. She has the skill set to make the other players better scorers than they were last year. As I said, "I'm a strong buy" on the lady. I think she brings a lot to the table and she can develop into a scorer at college.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yes I saw those stats. They are what I referred to when I said, "Her High school stats for a full season are right where you want them for a freshman point, but a little low for a HS senior going to a top tier program. It appears the shooting skills are there but is something that will need to be developed " Let's face it she's not a great scorer. But as the LV's are constituted right now, she doesn't need to be. She has the skill set to make the other players better scorers than they were last year. As I said, "I'm a strong buy" on the lady. I think she brings a lot to the table and she can develop into a scorer at college.

Ah gotcha what threw me off is that you were mentioning stats for a high school senior going to a top program when she was only a junior. My mistake It looked like you were judging her like she didn’t have a year to grow.

Proceed Connie

VN Store

Back