Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m working on some early preseason previews of our more significant opponents for this year. First up: Oklahoma.

The Sooners obviously lost their starting QB in Jalen Hurts. Hurts was also their leading rusher last year. They also lost their leading receiver in CeeDee Lamb who had 62 catches for 1,327 yards and 14 TDs. Most people think Rattler will get the start at QB but Mordecai was the backup to Hurts last year. The WR room is a bit of a mess. Hazelwood went down already with an off-season injury, Howard is coming back from injury, and Bridges will reportedly be suspended for the first 5 games. They also lost a key backup at RB when Sermon elected to transfer to Ohio State. Overall Oklahoma ranks #82 in returning production for 2020, #103 on offense and #47 on defense.

This is their projected depth chart using their roster, OurLads, the Sooner fan site, and OU247 as sources:

ScreenHunter 459.png

This is what Athlon had to say about the Sooners' 2020 offense:

While Riley wasn’t close to naming a starter before spring practices were shut down due to coronavirus concerns, many expect Rattler to win the job as a redshirt freshman.
A former five-star recruit and the consensus No. 1 quarterback in the country as a prep star in Phoenix, Rattler passed for an Arizona state high school-record 11,083 yards and 116 touchdowns during a dominant career.

Mordecai redshirted in 2018 and then served as the primary backup a year ago, completing 16-of-26 passes for 207 yards and two touchdowns. Like Rattler, he was a premium recruit (out of Waco, Texas).

The shortened spring will create urgency in identifying who’s No. 1 in August. “Nobody’s promised anything, nobody’s given anything, they have to earn it.” Riley says. “Quarterback position’s no different.”

Also pressing, the Sooners are looking for a go-to receiver, after CeeDee Lamb left for the NFL as a Biletnikoff Award finalist and consensus first-team All-American. Lamb averaged 102.1 receiving yards per game, nearly twice the output of Charleston Rambo, who’s expected to fill the void. Lamb’s 14 TD receptions were more than any other four Sooner receivers combined. UCLA transfer Theo Howard (if healthy after an offseason injury) and talented H-back Jeremiah Hall will likely fill key roles, especially after the loss of Jadon Haselwood to an offseason knee injury.

Running back Kennedy Brooks isn’t flashy, but he’s efficient, rushing for 1,011 yards in 2019. The ground game took a hit, though, when Trey Sermon left for Ohio State.

The offensive line is a strength, offering comfort for the young quarterbacks. Four starters return up front, led by elite, physical center Creed Humphrey, the Big 12’s Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year and one of three finalists for the Rimington Trophy.

This is what Athlon had to say about the Sooner 2020 defense:

As the Sooners posted their fifth straight Big 12 title and advanced into the CFP, again, many hailed the defense as new and improved under first-year coordinator Alex Grinch, with stats to back it up.

Then they were torched for 63 points and 693 total yards by LSU in the semifinal, much of it coming in a first half that created a blowout and another layer of anguish for Sooner fans.
Oklahoma, while better statistically, also lagged in takeaways, finishing at No. 121 nationally.

Those questions now carry into 2020. And the Sooners must replace key figures, including leading tackler and tone-setter Kenneth Murray at linebacker. A new starter is needed up front, along with a replacement for top coverage man Parnell Motley at corner.

There are positives on the defense, including nine starters returning, plus a full season of linebacker Caleb Kelly, who missed the first 10 games last year with an injury.

Potential star power exists with linemen Ronnie Perkins — although he’s facing the possibility of a suspension that could carry into the season — junior college transfer Perrion Winfrey and redshirt sophomores Jalen Redmond and Jordan Kelley. DaShaun White, a starter at linebacker and the team’s fourth-leading tackler last season, steps into the Murray role as a physical presence.

There are depth concerns at corner, but Tre Brown is a returning starter, and the safeties, led by Pat Fields (64 tackles), could be special.

Prediction:
WGWTFA

No matter what happens, with all the uncertainty this year and that will be if there is a season, this year’s national champions will have a huge asterisk next to their title. Most contenders will easily be able to claim that “if only they were healthy” or “if only they had a full offseason” things would have gone differently.

It’s going to be very interesting to track the progression of the season if it happens.
They can bitch about Tennessee winning all they want to... pure and glorious music to my ears! 😁

Just ****ing with you suave, cmon now don’t get mad Lol
Jimmy was a joke
Butch was an insult

Enough about someone’s “Jimmy”.....sheesh!! I feel uncomfortable but anyways just proof you won’t beat Me in a pun war or Better comebacks....but yes you’re right Jimmy is a joke😂😭😭😭

We have kids playing baseball and it’s fun and we don’t need pro or college sports. Deaths are under 700 a day and many other things are killing people. We’ve let the puss people take control of our lives. Wore a mask voluntarily the other day at wal mart. Won’t do that again. Literally hard to breathe. That isn’t good for anyone.
Then you have the wrong kind of mask.

I’m working on some early preseason previews of our more significant opponents for this year. First up: Oklahoma.

The Sooners obviously lost their starting QB in Jalen Hurts. Hurts was also their leading rusher last year. They also lost their leading receiver in CeeDee Lamb who had 62 catches for 1,327 yards and 14 TDs. Most people think Rattler will get the start at QB but Mordecai was the backup to Hurts last year. The WR room is a bit of a mess. Hazelwood went down already with an off-season injury, Howard is coming back from injury, and Bridges will reportedly be suspended for the first 5 games. They also lost a key backup at RB when Sermon elected to transfer to Ohio State. Overall Oklahoma ranks #82 in returning production for 2020, #103 on offense and #47 on defense.

This is their projected depth chart using their roster, OurLads, the Sooner fan site, and OU247 as sources:

View attachment 288928

This is what Athlon had to say about the Sooners' 2020 offense:

This is what Athlon had to say about the Sooner 2020 defense:

Prediction:
WGWTFA
Yes.

We have kids playing baseball and it’s fun and we don’t need pro or college sports. Deaths are under 700 a day and many other things are killing people. We’ve let the puss people take control of our lives. Wore a mask voluntarily the other day at wal mart. Won’t do that again. Literally hard to breathe. That isn’t good for anyone.
The mask isn't that bad. The strange thing is that it forces a bit of an adjustment to the way you breathe and communicate. A lot of language is apparently in reading lip gestures. Also it fogs my glasses.

People do realize that civil wars are not unique to the US right? Who am I kidding they probably don’t or don’t care.
Democracy was originally envisioned as a method of civilizing civil war. Unfortunately, special interest groups have learned to usurp that process to where the elections no longer have a focus on the big issues.

Last edited:
The most yoked human I’ve ever seen just delivered a new oven/range at my house. Not disproportionate, just swole. Shoulders looked like basketballs and that’s not hyperbole. Wonder if he has eligibility.

Thanks for the compliment. Sadly, I used up all my NCAA eligibility in 2013. Hope you enjoy the stove.

Thanks for the compliment. Sadly, I used up all my NCAA eligibility in 2013. Hope you enjoy the stove.

flowd82 be like
hqdefault.jpg

The most yoked human I’ve ever seen just delivered a new oven/range at my house. Not disproportionate, just swole. Shoulders looked like basketballs and that’s not hyperbole. Wonder if he has eligibility.

Did u get his phone number. When is your first date? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back