Second Vol tests positive for COVID

Alot of us have or had it and didn’t know. Not that testing is so prevalent we’re just finding out. I have to get tested next week. Not looking forward to the brain swab
Just remember, almost one third of test give false results

Alot of us have or had it and didn’t know. Not that testing is so prevalent we’re just finding out. I have to get tested next week. Not looking forward to the brain swab
If it’s anything like the flu test.
Ouch, not looking forward to one at all !!!!

I have a feeling we're just scratching the surface. Two players now, but watch out. Also, how many coaches are in the 60+ year old demo? I'm less optimistic as each week passes. Even if we have football and then basketball the rosters are going to be a mess with rolling quarantines.

Right now teams are keeping names of those infected private. What happens when games begin and players are noticably absent?

Reactions: lostsheep
My fiance is an aesthetician who returned to work a couple weeks ago, so she's just inches away from people's faces all day. She seems to have developed a cough, and we're going to get tested soon. I was advised to wait a couple days because testing too soon could yield a false negative.

I don't want either of us to be sick, but I'm pretty much hoping I get a positive for the 2 week paid vacation that doesn't come out of my PTO pool lol.

My fiance is an aesthetician who returned to work a couple weeks ago, so she's just inches away from people's faces all day. She seems to have developed a cough, and we're going to get tested soon. I was advised to wait a couple days because testing too soon could yield a false negative.

I don't want either of us to be sick, but I'm pretty much hoping I get a positive for the 2 week paid vacation that doesn't come out of my PTO pool lol.

All the best to you and your fiance. Let us know how bad it is (the test part). I honestly wonder if I had it back in February and chalked it up to something else, like sickness from getting stomped by Arkansas on my birthday.

All the best to you and your fiance. Let us know how bad it is (the test part). I honestly wonder if I had it back in February and chalked it up to something else, like sickness from getting stomped by Arkansas on my birthday.
Yeah for sure, and thank you for the kind words. I'm just planning on going to the clinic inside Kroger, so no telling which test they will have.

I have a feeling we're just scratching the surface. Two players now, but watch out. Also, how many coaches are in the 60+ year old demo? I'm less optimistic as each week passes. Even if we have football and then basketball the rosters are going to be a mess with rolling quarantines.

Right now teams are keeping names of those infected private. What happens when games begin and players are noticably absent?

if I’m running the NCAA I am already making the switch to football in the spring

1) golf and other non spectator sports play in the fall

2) a vaccine hits in late fall

3) hoops is delayed until Jan 1

4) football/baseball is played March/May

And off we go

Might as well put me to sleep cause that hurts badly
I have a kidney stone that hasn’t passed and the dr wants to go in and get it. It’s almost out and I’ve only had 1 really bad bout w pain and wondering if it’s even worth dealing w the covid test to have it done

I have a kidney stone that hasn’t passed and the dr wants to go in and get it. It’s almost out and I’ve only had 1 really bad bout w pain and wondering if it’s even worth dealing w the covid test to have it done
Seen my wife go through one and can say my sympathies for you.
Have you checked on the laser procedure for the kidney stones.
It wouldn’t be so bad if the put that numbing agent on the swab for the COVID test

Slam down water. Drink a gallon a day. I've had 3 or 4. Had one blasted with the sonic procedure. 3 others just worked their way out.

I had no pain at all as they passed. The horrible pain is when they dam the flow to the bladder and the kidney feels like it's about to pop. But those attacks go away after an hour or two while chilling on pain pills.

Last edited:
After November the 4th ppl will start telling TRUTH. I hate election years ppl with all the power manipulate facts to fit their narrative and whoever owns the media wins with the low info ppl.

So you think the entire world is in an a conspiracy about the virus until the US election? That’s...something.

Slam w
Down water. Drink a gallon a day. I've had 3 or 4. Had one blasted with the sonic procedure. 3 others just worked their way out.

I had no pain at all as they passed. The horrible pain is when they dam the flow to the bladder and the kidney feels like it's about to pop. But those attacks go away after an hour or two while chilling on pain pills.
I’ve passed over 100 of those suckers in the last 50 years. The first one, when I was a student at UT, required about a nine inch incision. Since then, procedures to remove them have improved dramatically. If the stone is in the kidney, lithotripsy is the way to go. It involves sound waves breaking up the stone. If it’s in the ureter, a procedure with a tiny basket/grasper going up your urethra is the most frequent method. Regardless, you are put under in either case.
My favorite attempt to pass one on my on was to drink about a dozen beers before going to the doctor the next day. It didn’t work, but at the time I didn’t care at all....

Reactions: beamerman
The nasal swab CV test isn’t bad at all. A slight sting and you’ll feel like you need to cough. It’s over with in ten seconds.

So you think the entire world is in an a conspiracy about the virus until the US election? That’s...something.

Words mean something show me where I said conspiracy, I didn't. The virus is real, media is making millions off of it and steering a nuanced narrative.
If you think there's no manipulation of the narrative by the media . I say get up from under your rock or better yet go stick your head in the sand.
They never give you the rest of the story like Paul Harvey used to say. They hit on gloom and doom points , nobody knows the death rate is lowest since March, average death age is 78 yo and the average age of death for all deaths in America is 78.54 y o as of 2017 and many other variables that wouldn't fit the gloom and doom narrative.
No I didn't say conspiracy that popped up in your head.

The test is uncomfortable no doubt, but it only last for a few seconds and then you are fine. It’s a different feeling, but not that much worse than getting a shot. If you have symptoms or think you have been exposed, you should definitely get tested. I would much rather get tested than have to unnecessarily quarantine for 2 weeks.

I know a 87 year old man with COPD that tested positive for it in a nursing home. He only had a couple of days of stomach issues. Never really knew he was sick... Several in the same nursing home with the same symptoms.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Clemson is doing it the right way. They have over 40 players test positive to date.

They've invited multiple Covid19 folks to hang out with them in the weight/training rooms, dining hall, sleeping dorms and locker room to infect as many players as possible before the season starts.

My prediction is 2020 National Champs as they will not have a player miss a start due to having had everyone contract Covid19 prior to the season and herd immunity develop.

VN Store

Back