Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't judge. It helps them cope with all the militias, supremacist groups, cults, right and left wing nutjobs and loosely organized crazies they have to deal with.

The history of the ATF is not good either. Sure, they’ve had to deal with them, but they have screwed some of them up. I was relatively young during Ruby Ridge and Branch Dividians and didn’t really care at the time. But after reading a little and watching Waco, they were an absolute cluster ****. Typical government.

The history of the ATF is not good either. Sure, they’ve had to deal with them, but they have screwed some of them up. I was relatively young during Ruby Ridge and Branch Dividians and didn’t really care at the time. But after reading a little and watching Waco, they were an absolute cluster ****. Typical government.
Would do some research beyond the Waco series. Definitely think govt made major mistakes, but the perspective is also from the side of a cult member and overall evidence shows the narrative is a bit skewed.

Cult vs militaristic govt entity quick to show hard power...pick your poison I guess...

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Would do some research beyond the Waco series. Definitely think govt made major mistakes, but the perspective is also from the side of a cult member and overall evidence shows the narrative is a bit skewed.

Cult vs militaristic govt entity quick to show hard power...pick your poison I guess...

I did some research beyond the show... pretty much backed up the fact that nothing Koresh did meant killing a bunch of kids for.

Yea, I know shows or documentaries can be slanted from a point of view. But the important thing (for me) was that Waco was also based on the book by the ATF negotiator. It was clear that the decisions and discussions by the ATF outside the compound came from the negotiator. Take out anything on the inside, and the things that happened within the ATF were a cluster.

Poor planning, poor preparation, and poor decision-making= bad outcome.

I did some research beyond the show... pretty much backed up the fact that nothing Koresh did meant killing a bunch of kids for.

The ATF apparently didn’t even notify the local sheriff what they were doing. The local sheriff knew the adults in the compound by name and would visit them without a gun. The adults had to call him to tell the ATF to quit firing. Even if force was justified, that is just bad, bad preparation.

I read it every day, and have for 10 years.

And it has gone way down hill of late. Sorry I stepped on some egos that count this thread as their private beer review/bbq recommendation/vaca tips thread. THAT is what off topic thread is for.

This used to be a spot to escape the crazies of the FF and thoughtfully talk Vols; now not so much.

I spoke my peace. I got ambushed. Not one of the cool guys and OK with that.
As long as you're OK. Since I've been here, this thread has drifted into the weeds. It never has stayed on topic. I think most of us like it that way. And seriously, how much football or even sports related stuff is there to talk about right now?

Been listening for a few months now and he gets stuff right a lot. Specifically remember him being the only one saying that Uros wasn’t ready and would look bad. All the others were hyping him up (guys like Lewis and Rucker). Think basilio got a bad wrap in the Dooley and butch years because he called them out on stuff. Fans don’t like hearing that their coach is a loser when there appears to still be hope.
He has the best callers. He does like to stir the pot.

Reactions: scvolfan7
One of the things I’ve heard is that a lot of people who die from the virus are doing so because of complications from pneumonia brought on by the virus. I’ve read about how the virus attacks the various systems and organs in the body and the ongoing efforts by science to deal with it. I don’t know if I will ever have to deal with it directly or not. So far I don’t know anyone personally who has knowingly had it.

I don’t want anyone to get the impression that I don’t appreciate that it’s a serious threat, moreso for some people than others.

When I was 6 years old I lost a little brother who was 2 at the time. He died at the hospital from complications from pneumonia.

My most vivid memory of him was him looking at me as he was standing in the floor in the middle of the living room when he first got sick. He had started crying.

I’ve kept him with me all these years. He’s been like my angel and I say that because when I think about him it’s like thinking about the power of the Love of God. It is very overwhelming and many people I think flee from it.

My heart always aches for my little brother. I almost never can think about him without tearing up. I’ve watched my grandparents, my parents, and other relatives pass on to eternity and all of my memories of them tend toward the positive. Their passing was painful at the time but I guess maybe because when you’re older you eventually adjust to some extent. That never happened with my little brother. In my memory time stood still with his passing. I still desperately want him to come home from the hospital.
Dang bro, sorry about your loss.

Reactions: crovol
They have us, UGA, LSU...
Like they do every year... They have UGA and LSU at home, and they drew Ole Miss in the west and play a down FSU team. It's a soft schedule by SEC Standards. Pitiful out of conference schedule. Eastern Washington, South Alabama, and New Mexico State...

We play Alabama, plus have UGA and OU away.

UGA plays Alabama, Auburn and a decent Virginia team that about beat Florida in the bowl last year.

I'd take Florida's schedule all day everyday over ours. Mizzou is probably the only SEC team with an easier schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back