Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr foochi says vaccine coming EOY or early 2021. Do we believe him though
i tend not to belive much of anything said by anyone about this except two things....1. it spreads 2. the only way to cure it right now, is not to get it.
Yeah..a right one and a wrong one.
people on both sides would agree with this. and not much else.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

220px-Hannibal_Lecter_in_Silence_of_the_Lambs.jpg

Everybody wants to question medical professionals right up until they get sick.
We live in a world run by betas. Reactionary Group think is the standard now.

Case in point is college football. All these guys are showing up to campuses testing positive, yet they never knew they were sick. All along, I and many others have said that at risk groups should be told to quarantine if they want. Let everyone else go about their lives.

There’s a damn good chance these morons are going to shut everything down yet again in the fall and the implications of that will be catastrophic. I’m especially thinking about universities. There’s no way people are going to pay 20-50k for zoom classes. Then if they don’t do sports that’s even more money lost. Sure seems like a recipe for disaster.

If it was bc of the mask, you’d have a lot more surgeons/nurses/scrub techs with lung problems. Hell, I’ve been in surgeries that take 6-7 hours to complete. For 1 surgery sometimes. And guess what? Everybody wears a mask.
There’s a reason according to osha you are required to take a pulmonary function test if you are going to use a respirator or similar face covering for extended periods of time. Ya know, if you want to get all medically correct and ****

There’s a reason according to osha you are required to take a pulmonary function test if you are going to use a respirator or similar face covering for extended periods of time. Ya know, if you want to get all medically correct and ****

A respirator or N-95 mask is different than a surgical or cloth mask. Don’t be dense

Yesterday I posted a table showing our true freshmen participation in last year’s games. This is a second draft and it shows who participated in each game. The orange highlight means they started. If their name is in red highlight it means this year’s roster lists them as a redshirt freshman. Of course Jerrod Means opted to leave the program.

We had 20 freshmen and 2 JUCOs in our 2019 class to go along with a couple transfers. McBride, of course, had to medically retire as he couldn’t get through the check-in physical. That left 19 true freshmen. As the table shows, they all played at some point during the season. Eight different guys in that true freshmen group started one or more games during the year.

This has got to be a huge recruiting advantage not to mention the huge payoff we should get from the early development/experience. jmo.

ScreenHunter 452.png

Last edited:
All this covid talk made me decide to share this with yall. My wife designed and had these made. Its a tool to open doors at public places so you dont have to touch them, or keypad buttons . Any business owners out there, we can put your business name on them also.

Just sharing in case some of yall might be interested in getting something like this. Plus side itll be helping a few vol fans..
And if we sell enough, might be able to start dropping some bags to the kids in memphis

Attachments

• IMG_1524(3).jpg
    IMG_1524(3).jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 16
We live in a world run by betas. Reactionary Group think is the standard now.

Case in point is college football. All these guys are showing up to campuses testing positive, yet they never knew they were sick. All along, I and many others have said that at risk groups should be told to quarantine if they want. Let everyone else go about their lives.

There’s a damn good chance these morons are going to shut everything down yet again in the fall and the implications of that will be catastrophic. I’m especially thinking about universities. There’s no way people are going to pay 20-50k for zoom classes. Then if they don’t do sports that’s even more money lost. Sure seems like a recipe for disaster.

If the world is run by them... wouldn't they become the alphas by definition?

You get cancer it sucks. You get Covid and have symptoms it sucks. You die in an accident it sucks. You die and that sucks unless you know you’re going to a better place. Regardless, at some point, we all will die from something and it will suck but you can’t keep it from happening. Got to live our lives and enjoy every day.

They were recommending people wear n95 masks for months.....don’t be intentionally ignorant

WTF does that have to do with doctors and nurses and techs wearing masks 8 hours a day for years without negative effects, which was the point of my post that you replied to?

Even IF they were recommending people wear n95 masks for months (I don’t believe “months” is accurate bc the argument from the ppl who don’t want to wear masks is that they originally said they wouldn’t help), that has literally ZERO to do with doctors and nurses and techs who were wearing masks way before any of this went down.

So again, don’t be dense and argue against n95 masks when no one is even talking about those.

Yesterday I posted a table showing our true freshmen participation in last year’s games. This is a second draft and it shows who participated in each game. The orange highlight means they started. If their name is in red highlight it means this year’s roster lists them as a redshirt freshman. Of course Jerrod Means opted to leave the program.

We had 20 freshmen and 2 JUCOs in our 2019 class to go along with a couple transfers. McBride, of course, had to medically retire as he couldn’t get through the check-in physical. That left 19 true freshmen. As the table shows, they all played at some point during the season. Eight different guys in that true freshmen group started one or more games during the year.

This has got to be a huge recruiting advantage not to mention the huge payoff we should get from the early development/experience. jmo.

View attachment 288445
we just need our QB's to not be an issue. be anything resembling "good" and i think we have a good to great year.

agree 100% on the early development. i think that has been the plan since they got here, and it's only been the last two years they've been able to really get after it they way they want. and i think this year, they'll have even more flexiblity to do it wiht the group of freshmen coming.

View attachment 288452
Appreciate the information you bring, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back