Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that one gets me too.

And since I’ve been blessed with girls, here’s another song, but to my girls. They’ll grow up and find their love, but I’ll always be their first love and the one that loves them the most.

This song got me teary eyed this morning. I get to spend today with my one year old daughter. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's past, present, and future. May God bless you today.

With my projections last night I was just trying a bit of trash talking. It was interesting to see how many Florida fans on the board that would smoke out but honestly I wasn't surprised that Hank was one of them :) I guess I am surprised that no one defended Vandy from my disrespect. Maybe all the dores are finally gone from our forum or maybe even they expect Furman to have a better team than them this year.

So we have a lot of kids in football programs around the country testing positive for the virus. I'm beginning to think that the kids don't care. I mean I have to believe that the programs have put in place all kinds of precautions but the kids aren't playing ball so the programs aren't working. Maybe the kids are just stupid after all but the ramifications of their ineptness may be felt for some time.

The cost of no college football is estimated in the billions, just for P-5 programs. That’s just a drop in the bucket. The trickle down economic impact for smaller schools and communities is billions more. Already some schools are axing a myriad of athletic programs that are normally funded by the revenue coming in from the football program. Title IX sports programs funded by football revenue are facing an existential crisis.

Universities themselves are not in a too much better financial condition. So far a suggestion for a government bailout of university athletic programs is met with a lot of criticism. This is where the likes of $75 million contracts for the Jimbo Fishers and $93 million contracts for the Dabo Swinneys are likely going to present tremendous headwinds for politicians trying to coax taxpayers into bailing out these universities.

Whether we have football or not there is going to be a lot to keep up with. If students don’t come back to campus in the fall how many university professors are going to join the rioters and looters in the streets? I mean who is going to be paying them? Do they just sign up for unemployment insurance? I think the supplemental insurance program runs out in July so it’s down to $170 a week from there on out boys and girls.

Both Georgia and A&M have around $100 million in reserve funds; I think we have about 22 cents left in ours. I’m going to enjoy watching the show regardless of what happens but, and I’m not deliberately trying to put a spoiler out there, Kamar Wilcoxson decommitting and recommitting to Florida at least six more times will not even make the highlights reel. jmo.

Predicting Florida’s season for 2020

9/5 Eastern Washington – Win
9/12 Kentucky – Loss
919 South Alabama – Win
9/26 @ Tennessee – Loss
10/3 South Carolina – Loss
10/10 LSU – Loss
10/17 @ Ole Miss – Loss
10/24 bye
10/31 vs Georgia – Loss
11/7 @ Vanderbilt – Win
11/14 Missouri – Loss
11/21 New Mexico State – Win
11/28 @ Florida State – Loss

Ranking our schedule from toughest opponent to weakest

10/24 Alabama
11/14 @ Georgia
9/12 @ Oklahoma
10/10 @ South Carolina
11/7 Kentucky
10/31 @ Arkansas
10/3 Missouri
9/26 Florida
11/21 Troy
9/5 Charlotte
9/19 Furman
11/28 @ Vanderbilt

I think this is wishful thinking. I am surprised you didn't predict them to lose their bye week.

PS. I posted this before I saw your last post.

Exactly how does it track who has it to let you know?
Since I haven't turned it on, I'm gonna make a guess and say that everyone who has tested positive is probably placed in a data base that also lists their phone number. Once those phones are turned on, it would be easy to monitor their locations. Once you turn on location services, it's easy to keep track of things.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Exactly how does it track who has it to let you know?
It relies on self-reporting of those that actually download an app. There is no app by default, unless one chooses to download and install it. What is on the new phone updates is merely an app interface, API. Just a tool for a potential app to interface with.

With my projections last night I was just trying a bit of trash talking. It was interesting to see how many Florida fans on the board that would smoke out but honestly I wasn't surprised that Hank was one of them :) I guess I am surprised that no one defended Vandy from my disrespect. Maybe all the dores are finally gone from our forum or maybe even they expect Furman to have a better team than them this year.

So we have a lot of kids in football programs around the country testing positive for the virus. I'm beginning to think that the kids don't care. I mean I have to believe that the programs have put in place all kinds of precautions but the kids aren't playing ball so the programs aren't working. Maybe the kids are just stupid after all but the ramifications of their ineptness may be felt for some time.

The cost of no college football is estimated in the billions, just for P-5 programs. That’s just a drop in the bucket. The trickle down economic impact for smaller schools and communities is billions more. Already some schools are axing a myriad of athletic programs that are normally funded by the revenue coming in from the football program. Title IX sports programs funded by football revenue are facing an existential crisis.

Universities themselves are not in a too much better financial condition. So far a suggestion for a government bailout of university athletic programs is met with a lot of criticism. This is where the likes of $75 million contracts for the Jimbo Fishers and $93 million contracts for the Dabo Swinneys are likely going to present tremendous headwinds for politicians trying to coax taxpayers into bailing out these universities.

Whether we have football or not there is going to be a lot to keep up with. If students don’t come back to campus in the fall how many university professors are going to join the rioters and looters in the streets? I mean who is going to be paying them? Do they just sign up for unemployment insurance? I think the supplemental insurance program runs out in July so it’s down to $170 a week from there on out boys and girls.

Both Georgia and A&M have around $100 million in reserve funds; I think we have about 22 cents left in ours. I’m going to enjoy watching the show regardless of what happens but, and I’m not deliberately trying to put a spoiler out there, Kamar Wilcoxson decommitting and recommitting to Florida at least six more times will not even make the highlights reel. jmo.
Not sure what university professors have to do with football. @RiotVol what percentage of your salary is paid by the football program?

Not sure what university professors have to do with football. @RiotVol what percentage of your salary is paid by the football program?
I may have misread, and thought you were implying football pays professors.

Students are already coming back in the fall in some capacity. Even if only virtual, tuition dollars fun the majority of instructor salaries. Most universities are offering a mix of 100% virtual and in-person classes with virtual options.

I may have misread, and thought you were implying football pays professors.

Students are already coming back in the fall in some capacity. Even if only virtual, tuition dollars fun the majority of instructor salaries. Most universities are offering a mix of 100% virtual and in-person classes with virtual options.

From what I've read the expectation that if things don't return to normal on campuses tuition revenues are expected to take a significant hit. I don't think this is just about football. That's obviously a big indicator but that's just the tip of the economic impact. jmo.

Watching the 99 Home Run Derby with my son. I don’t condone cheating but damn was the steroid era of baseball fun to watch.

Respectfully disagree. It killed me seeing some of baseball’s most sacred records being shattered when everyone knew that both the balls and the players were juiced. Those numbers will always come with an asterisk for me.

Yep, everybody was having fun with it until Barry made a mockery of everything.
Even though I’m not a fan of his at all, and will always have a bias against those steroid era guys, I will say that seeing Barry Bonds play in person was incredible. He was just on a whole different level. Watching on tv, you obviously knew he was an elite player, but when I saw him in person, I was blown away by how good he was. He was a man among boys at the major league level. Truly an incredible talent.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Nope born and raised in East TN. Lol. I like Mello Yello and Mountain Dew. I like Mello Yello better, but like both very much. Sometimes in the mood for one or the other. Also, I do call it soda. My whole family calls all soda "coke" which I found confusing and as a young teen saying "pop" sounded lame/old timey (not a bad thing but as a kid you think differently haha) so I stuck with soda. I know that's not very southern but oh well. It be what it be.
Well, if you're not a Yankee, and you're a Vol fan, I guess it will be okay lol.

I do dislike the FL love. They are not all that, a bag if chips and a Sundrop. Thanks for the info. I don't think the ones demanding we shut things down really understand the consequences.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back