Black jerseys to be auctioned (merged)

The organization known as BLM is racist as hell, one of the idiots who started it is white and claims to be black, please someone stop the insanity,it's not only white folks that can be racist! GTFO

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Well, I don't need to see the data (which I would be willing to debate with you given that African Americans are in the minority) all I need to see is the pain and anguish of black people in this community. That is the point that is consistently lost on you and everyone that is responding negative to this thread. Clearly, the African-American Student Athletes at the University of Tennessee feel compelled to do something. It is not fake to them, their pain and outrage is not phony. It is real. You can see it when they marched. So why you can decry stats and fake news, you cannot or should not disregard true human emotions. Especially for people that you cheer on. If you know police brutality is an issue, support them for no other reason that you know it to be true. Let them feel your understanding and compassion. Life really can be that easy. Its called empathy.
I am sure most people want to do things to make the country better but you are not going to help your cause by donating to a group who is spending money on other things. Donating to BLM is like donating to the Kidney Foundation because you want to fight world hunger. It makes no sense. The money donated to BLM does not go to BLM. It goes to ActBlue.

Pruitt IS concerned about the entire community. Black people are part of that community. It's just funny to me that him supporting his black student athletes has to be viewed as political. It's already been clarified that the money isn't going directly to BLM (the controversial org) but to charities that help black Americans. I'm sure Pruitt knows what's best for this team and for cultivating their success both on and off the field. It's a refreshing change of pace to have a coach who seems to have a genuinely great relationship with these kids.

Thank you.

Reactions: Wadetime
I hope our players don't read this thread. Some ridiculous comments 🤦‍♂️.. Especially if this is THIER idea.
I hope the players do read this thread. They need to know the money raised will not go to the cause they are wanting to support. Wouldn't you want to know you were being taken advantage of by a corrupt group posing as a legitimate cause?

If blacks and whites would just comply w/the police & not fight them they'll live a lot longer to be w/family.
Go to court & fight the police charges there. Prove their charges are not right if you didn't do nuthin.
But lordy lou, don't be fighting w/police & grabbing their weapons to use them thinking you're getting away.

Believe what you want. Empty stands will matter.

I hate to burst your bubble on this. The game against Kentucky (pandemic aside) will be full of fans, all cheering on the Vols and it will be crazy. And I am giving you a full proof money back "Bobby Pellitt" guarantee that they sell every single black jersey and there will be people begging for them. You know why... because you are on the wrong side of this issue. Again, goodbye. Sorry you will miss all the fun this year.

Well, I don't need to see the data (which I would be willing to debate with you given that African Americans are in the minority) all I need to see is the pain and anguish of black people in this community. That is the point that is consistently lost on you and everyone that is responding negative to this thread. Clearly, the African-American Student Athletes at the University of Tennessee feel compelled to do something. It is not fake to them, their pain and outrage is not phony. It is real. You can see it when they marched. So why you can decry stats and fake news, you cannot or should not disregard true human emotions. Especially for people that you cheer on. If you know police brutality is an issue, support them for no other reason that you know it to be true. Let them feel your understanding and compassion. Life really can be that easy. Its called empathy.

Boy, this is a goofy post. Society makes fun of people with baseless phobias all the time. How in the world is this any different?

I make fun of people that are scared of airplanes. People that are scared of sharks and spiders are laughed at online- so are white people that won't go to black neighborhoods, when statistically they're more likely to be victimized than a black person by a white cop. Pick whatever you want, we can go there.

Empathy and love would be helping people get past their irrational fears, not pandering to them. What's better for the "community" in the long run?

Last edited:
If blacks and whites would just comply w/the police & not fight them they'll live a lot longer to be w/family.
Go to court & fight the police charges there. Prove their charges are not right if you didn't do nuthin.
But lordy lou, don't be fighting w/police & grabbing their weapons to use them thinking you're getting away.

I agree with you to an extent. But police training is woefully inadequate, especially in blue-leaning cities. There are police here locally that I want nowhere near a heated situation or a firearm. The brutality issue cuts both ways, but still- not that many people are unjustly killed by police.

I wonder why, too, this Floyd situation blew up when a Somali-descent cop shot and killed a white woman on her front yard (past his partner and through the door of the car, mind you) and it got next to zero major coverage and certainly no protests. Oh, it also happened in Minneapolis.

I hate to burst your bubble on this. The game against Kentucky (pandemic aside) will be full of fans, all cheering on the Vols and it will be crazy. And I am giving you a full proof money back "Bobby Pellitt" guarantee that they sell every single black jersey and there will be people begging for them. You know why... because you are on the wrong side of this issue. Again, goodbye. Sorry you will miss all the fun this year.
It would send the proper message if there were more Kentucky fans than Tennessee fans for the BLM love fest or at least have the crowd be 50-50 Tennessee and Kentucky fans.

First, there is nothing negative in my post, nor is there anything fake. While you can decry emotions all you want, facts are facts, and they are not disputable. It is for that reason that I support change for police practices for all people not just as it applies to the black community.

First, there is nothing negative in my post, nor is there anything fake. While you can decry emotions all you want, facts are facts, and they are not disputable. It is for that reason that I support change for police practices for all people not just as it applies to the black community.

No! They're now hate facts, bigot.

. . . read the Tweet I quoted. I would bet that CJP was speaking generically about donating the money to a black cause.

Nuance and reading comprehension are two things that do not exist on Vol Nation. Or really any social media/discussion-based platform. People saw the phrase "Black Lives Matter" and decided that it was time to get angry.

Honestly, to those that say they are no longer going to support the University of Tennessee and our student athletes over this then good riddance. You were never a fan to begin with if this is what causes you to leave.

I guess you have not been watching NFL games and reading about the loss of fans. You are living in a fantasy world. I am not on the wrong side of this issue. You are not only on the wrong side of this issue, you are follow a lie as an issue. The fun is just that--just fun and entertainment which can be turned off, dumped, etc.. When fun gets mixed with evil I am not going to be a part of it. You have a very serous misunderstanding of the TN fan base. This is not CA or some leftist area.

I agree with you to an extent. But police training is woefully inadequate, especially in blue-leaning cities. There are police here locally that I want nowhere near a heated situation or a firearm. The brutality issue cuts both ways, but still- not that many people are unjustly killed by police.

I wonder why, too, this Floyd situation blew up when a Somali-descent cop shot and killed a white woman on her front yard (past his partner and through the door of the car, mind you) and it got next to zero major coverage and certainly no protests. Oh, it also happened in Minneapolis.

It's the police unions that have been protecting the bad officers & letting them slide w/out being fired. Cooler heads will live another day if a person doesn't take a police weapon and think they can get away by firing a weapon. Police will get you some way some how.

Nuance and reading comprehension are two things that do not exist on Vol Nation. Or really any social media/discussion-based platform. People saw the phrase "Black Lives Matter" and decided that it was time to get angry.

Honestly, to those that say they are no longer going to support the University of Tennessee and our student athletes over this then good riddance. You were never a fan to begin with if this is what causes you to leave.
Just skip the BLM black jersey game don't skip all of them

VN Store

Back