Teonni Key to UNC

Truth -- Rhyne Howard is considered one of the top 5 players in the country was ranked 32nd by HG her senior year. It seems like a 2018 commitment from her would have disappointed some posters here.
She was named to the 24 member Jordan Classic team. She was Tennessee POY her senior year. She was 18th on Prospects nation.

Right. However, the constant jabs and subtle digs are really tiresome. I think these young ladies will really help TN as they each have a skill set that is unique to them and have played on big stages and been able to produce.

Nothing to worry about. You are exactly right.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Using generational players that went to play for and win national championships for other teams and your team didn't win isn't a good example for the point you're trying to make.

Not only that, but EVERYONE was angry about Moore to UConn... especially Pat herself. It was the event that triggered her to discontinue the series with UConn... (and please don't chime in UConners who visit here, I really don't want to open that can of worms again).

LOL Congratulations! You gave literally the worst possible example to try to make your point...
Actually, you missed the point. My point was that no coach gets every player they recruit. Maya Moore being just one example. I’m sure CPS missed out on players most every year, as does Geno, Muffet, etc. Also, not every top player in the country wins a championship in college.

CPS was mad that UConn used illegal recruiting tactics to get her. Thanks for the congratulations! No one wants you here.

She was named to the 24 member Jordan Classic team. She was Tennessee POY her senior year. She was 18th on Prospects nation.
I get that. But most posters on this forum only seem to know Hoopgurlz. Dan Olsen is widely considered to not cover enough of the spectrum of players necessary to rate very many. He seems to stick to a top few and misses a lot of information. For example, he lists Caroline Ducharme as 5'10" when she is 6'2" so obviously he doesn't know her enough to evaluate her. He has her at 37. Blue Star, which I prefer as a more reliable evaluator, has her at 7.

I get that. But most posters on this forum only seem to know Hoopgurlz. Dan Olsen is widely considered to not cover enough of the spectrum of players necessary to rate very many. He seems to stick to a top few and misses a lot of information. For example, he lists Caroline Ducharme as 5'10" when she is 6'2" so obviously he doesn't know her enough to evaluate her. He has her at 37. Blue Star, which I prefer as a more reliable evaluator, has her at 7.

You sure your not a BY'er ? We dont care about Caroline Ducharme over here ....next

Blue Star, which I prefer as a more reliable evaluator...

Isn't BlueStar sponsored by one of the sneaker companies, and tends to favor "their" players? I don't think they have ever been recognized as being the more objective rating services.

ESPN may be most high profile, but it seems ASGR and Prospect Nation are more consistently on top of things.

Pretty hard to sugarcoat this one, although I'm sure many will try. This is a devastating setback for the program, and a horrible look for Kellie as a recruiter...

giphy.gif
Really ?? Devastating set back ?? Like the Atlanta DA a little overstated

Isn't BlueStar sponsored by one of the sneaker companies, and tends to favor "their" players? I don't think they have ever been recognized as being the more objective rating services.

ESPN may be most high profile, but it seems ASGR and Prospect Nation are more consistently on top of things.
Do high school players have shoe contracts? I wasn't aware of that. I read prospect nation also and haven't subscribed to ASGR. But at least we agree that HG is the weakest of the group.

You sure your not a BY'er ? We dont care about Caroline Ducharme over here ....next
I'm a boneyarder and a mcGraw's Bench and a Sic'em and several other forums. I am very open about being a UConn fan. The Ducharme reference had nothing to do with UConn it is just an example of HG's ineptitude.

Do high school players have shoe contracts? I wasn't aware of that. I read prospect nation also and haven't subscribed to ASGR. But at least we agree that HG is the weakest of the group.

No but their schools and AAU teams are sponsored and it’s long been known that they try to gear them to programs that have the same affiliation. So if a kid played on a Nike Circuit programs often try and push them to a Nike school. I’ve seen that in person with my own family.

No but their schools and AAU teams are sponsored and it’s long been known that they try to gear them to programs that have the same affiliation. So if a kid played on a Nike Circuit programs often try and push them to a Nike school. I’ve seen that in person with my own family.
Right, I remember reading how some top players weren't on their list because their team was sponsored by a rival brand of BlueStar's team.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
What brand is affiliated with Blue Star. My immediate thought is Converse, but I don't think they are a big enough player these days.

What brand is affiliated with Blue Star. My immediate thought is Converse, but I don't think they are a big enough player these days.

No clue that wasn’t me that said it... I was just saying I know some coaches push players towards brands that Sponsor their teams

VN Store

Back