Thoughts on Olivier Nkamhoua?

Here’s a few from just 2 schools...

Dominique Hawkins 7mpg/20mpg (Only 9mpg as a junior)
Marcus Lee 11mpg/22mpg as junior
Derek Willis 4mpg/22mpg
Nick Richards 12mpg/30mpg
Marshall Plummer 8mpg/31mpg
Jordan Goldwire 8mpg/24mpg
Jeff Withey 6mpg/31mpg
Travis Releford 10mpg/34mpg

well you gave me two names that fit my criteria.
Hall and Howell are far from success stories
so you yea so far that list is very short
Both gave 20mpg, which above is what you said you’d be very happy with from ORN...Hall was 6&4 in 20mpg, not sure you’ll find many 8&8 guys averaging 20mpg. Also, ORN averaged more than 10mpg last year, idk why you’d set that number there for criteria.

Gaines and Nkamhoua could both use a red shirt season in 2021 with all the options at wing and at center.

Both gave 20mpg, which above is what you said you’d be very happy with from ORN...Hall was 6&4 in 20mpg, not sure you’ll find many 8&8 guys averaging 20mpg. Also, ORN averaged more than 10mpg last year, idk why you’d set that number there for criteria.
Year 1 isn’t the issue it’s not getting on the floor in year 2 that is the discussion. The fact he played last year is a positive. Getting over recruiting and moving out of the rotation would be a negative in year 2 for his career

Here’s a few from just 2 schools...

Derek Willis 4mpg/22mpg
Jeff Withey 6mpg/31mpg
are you trying to find good success story players?
if so you are failing

Thanks for making my point.

Wow!! 2.5 pages of the rabbit hole. It doesn’t have to be a black and white scenario.imo Some guys are good enough but their current development and programs situation dictates the best thing is for the kid is to redshirt. Izzo has gotten kids to do this in the past as well. If a redshirt happens after their freshman year it doesn’t mean they will be a bust or a wasted scholarship. And only a bloated opinion would say it was. Imo

Minutes in year 2 have far more to do with how rosters evolve than how quickly a player develops. If there's a lot of departures and few studs in the most recent signing class then freshmen are highly likely to get a big bump in mpg. If the players being added are more and better than those that are leaving then freshmen are unlikely to see increased PT as sophomores.

Wow!! 2.5 pages of the rabbit hole. It doesn’t have to be a black and white scenario.imo Some guys are good enough but their current development and programs situation dictates the best thing is for the kid is to redshirt. Izzo has gotten kids to do this in the past as well. If a redshirt happens after their freshman year it doesn’t mean they will be a bust or a wasted scholarship. And only a bloated opinion would say it was. Imo

BTO versus Bruin can go on for far more than 2.5 pages.

Who has Izzo redshirted after their freshmen year that turned out to be a good solid player ?

Brandon Robinson 9mpg/30mpg
Andrew Platek 4mpg/18mpg as JR
Jay Huff 9mpg/25mpg as JR
Alexis Wangmene 6mpg/22mpg
Casey Prather 9mpg/28mpg
Erik Murphy 10mpg/26mpg
Stephen Van Treese 7mpg/22mpg

a few more...

Derek Willis 4mpg/22mpg
Jeff Withey 6mpg/31mpg
Casey Prather 9mpg/28mpg
Erik Murphy 10mpg/26mpg

a few more...

Derek Willis 4mpg/22mpg
Jeff Withey 6mpg/31mpg
Casey Prather 9mpg/28mpg
Erik Murphy 10mpg/26mpg

Help me out and only list the ones that are success stories

That is the relevant list

Add the pts per game as that will help lol

Help me out and only list the ones that are success stories

That is the relevant list

Add the pts per game as that will help lol

What constitutes a success story? Your OP stated not averaging more than 10mpg in year 2 and turning out to be good...all of these guys for the most part were key parts of their team, and most of them were part of very good teams.

What constitutes a success story? Your OP stated not averaging more than 10mpg in year 2 and turning out to be good...all of these guys for the most part were key parts of their team, and most of them were part of very good teams.

20min or more
8pts
7 rebounds

I’d say 2 of those 3 would constitute a success story

so on your list if they have 2/3 they are success stories.

That list should have some names but it won’t be long

20min or more
8pts
7 rebounds

I’d say 2 of those 3 would constitute a success story

so on your list if they have 2/3 they are success stories.

That list should have some names but it won’t be long
We I have gone through about 6 teams out of 352, I’m guessing that list is longer than you think lol.

We I have gone through about 6 teams out of 352, I’m guessing that list is longer than you think lol.

Your list is nonexistent so far

Another poster gave us one good name from Gonzaga but he even played more than 10min.

Kenny hall is the best name you have given us and with the way Barnes is recruiting 6/4 for a senior isnt worth waiting for. Just cut that guy loose and get a better talent

a few more...

Derek Willis 4mpg/22mpg
Marshall Plumlee 8mpg/31mpg
Jeff Withey 6mpg/31mpg
Casey Prather 9mpg/28mpg
Erik Murphy 10mpg/26mpg

Over half of the guys I listed meet your “criteria”, I’m sure you’ll have something new to add though....

Derek Willis 22mpg/8ppg
Nick Richards 30mpg/14ppg/8rpg
Marshall Plumlee 31mpg/8ppg/9rpg
Jeff Withey 31mpg/14ppg/9rpg
Travis Releford 34mpg/12ppg
Brandon Robinson 30mpg/12ppg
Jay Huff 25mpg/9ppg/6rpg
Casey Prather 28mpg/14ppg
Erik Murphy 26mpg/12ppg

VN Store

Back