So who's left?

Weezer

VolNation Dalai Lama , VN Most Beloved Poster
Sitting here thinking about who are our remaining targets?

Offensively, I figure we have Amarius Mims, Diego Pounds, and William Parker. There were slight rumblings about Deion Colzie, but not sure where that stands? Are we still pursuing Brashard Smith? I haven't heard anything lately? And I'm curious if we're still pursuing Dietrick Pennington as well, even though we weren't in his top 6? OL is still a major area of need in this class.

Defensively, I know we're pursuing Payton Page and Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins for the line, and Tywone Malone wants to visit. Are we pursuing Leonard Taylor? I know we made his cut, but I've heard very little about his recruitment. Linebacker/pass rushing targets seem to be Smael Mondon and Travali Price. What about Naquan Brown? And there are several others, such as Prince Kollie, that I assume are back up targets if we miss. In the secondary, I know we're after Terrion Arnold and are supposedly making a push for Nyland Green. What about Isaiah Johnson and Dink Jackson? I know the staff supposedly likes Damarius McGhee, but I wonder if they like him better than these others?

Still a lot of guys on the board. I know there are more that I haven't mentioned. I'm just curious as to how the staff has their board set up? All of this, and we have no idea who may pop up during the season. I have to assume that addressing both lines is the main priority right now, though. Lot of guys I would love to see in Tennessee Orange.

RB
Brashard Smith
WR
Deion Colzie
OL
Diego Pounds
Amarius Mims
William Parker
Yousef Mugharbil
DE
Naquan Brown
Khristian Zachary
Travali Price
DT
Leonard Taylor
Tywone Malone
Payton Page
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
LB
Smael Mondon
Prince Kollie
CB
Isaiah Johnson
Nathaniel Wiggins
Dejahn Warren
Terrion Arnold
Damarius McGhee
S
Dink Jackson

These would be the main ones that come to mind but there are about 25 more that I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a realistic chance later in the year...(I.E., Jacquez Smith, Rayshaun Benny, etc)

RB
Brashard Smith
WR
Deion Colzie
OL
Diego Pounds
Amarius Mims
William Parker
Yousef Mugharbil
DE
Naquan Brown
Khristian Zachary
Travali Price
DT
Leonard Taylor
Tywone Malone
Payton Page
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
LB
Smael Mondon
Prince Kollie
CB
Isaiah Johnson
Nathaniel Wiggins
Dejahn Warren
Terrion Arnold
Damarius McGhee
S
Dink Jackson

These would be the main ones that come to mind but there are about 25 more that I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a realistic chance later in the year...(I.E., Jacquez Smith, Rayshaun Benny, etc)

How many more do you think we realistically would take?

RB
Brashard Smith
WR
Deion Colzie
OL
Diego Pounds
Amarius Mims
William Parker
Yousef Mugharbil
DE
Naquan Brown
Khristian Zachary
Travali Price
DT
Leonard Taylor
Tywone Malone
Payton Page
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
LB
Smael Mondon
Prince Kollie
CB
Isaiah Johnson
Nathaniel Wiggins
Dejahn Warren
Terrion Arnold
Damarius McGhee
S
Dink Jackson

Good job.
I'm not going to pretend to know how they will work the numbers out but... I think Page, Dawkins and Pounds (or some combination of them) will be here. Mondon is very possible.

Heard Mcghee is pretty high up our board.

Also, thanks for starting a whole new thread for this. I'm sure you will rustle the jimmies of @BaldBiker and @SLICKYINC 🤣
Yeah, I rarely start threads, but I honestly didn't want to hit up all the individual threads for these guys. I was/am hoping someone with actual information might swing by and offer up some news/wisdom.

Good job.
I'm not going to pretend to know how they will work the numbers out but... I think Page, Dawkins and Pounds (or some combination of them) will be here. Mondon is very possible.

Begs the question if we took too many early 3 stars that we will need to git shirt?

Begs the question if we took too many early 3 stars that we will need to git shirt?

Part of recruiting. If you can get better, you get better. And with the changes coming to CFB, I expect it to become even more business like and ruthless.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Need 2 more dlinemen, imo. We have 6 seniors on the dline right now. Good chance one of Jackson/ washington flip down the line as well.
Jackson would be more of a getting recruited over type deal similar to Nate Evans. Washington has hopped in the boat twice now. I really don’t see much more than a kid enjoying the process, tbh. Don’t let your BVS take over.

somehow the numbers always seem to work out. I'd guess once visits in person open up some, we'll have some decommits (guys who committed w/o being on campus or other schools campus), but will add some higher level guys to balance it out. It would be crazy if there are no fans and only people in the stands are recruits.

I kept seeing the number 28 thrown around. Anyone ever confirm that's how many we can take?
That’s what the VolQuest folks are saying the staff is toying with. Depends on who the 28 are. And I’ve already guessed that Diego Pounds will be the next to commit.

My guess on the next commit is Mondon

Experts have slowly been backtracking the notion he’s a lock to UGA. Nobody ever had solid evidence to begin with. Honestly feels like Pappoe a couple of years ago so Auburn wouldn’t surprise me either

Reactions: GojiraVol17
My guess on the next commit is Mondon

Experts have slowly been backtracking the notion he’s a lock to UGA. Nobody ever had solid evidence to begin with. Honestly feels like Pappoe a couple of years ago so Auburn wouldn’t surprise me either
I think our next commitment is Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins on the 26th. He appeared ready to pull the trigger in May. I doubt we get Mondon, though I would love to be wrong. Your Pappoe comparison has me thinking that too.

VN Store

Back