'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

Does anyone believe him coming here relies at all on one or more of springer/Johnson/JJJ going pro after this year?

Obviously we want him no matter what, but I could see him going to duke if none of guys make the jump this year to be featured more in the offense/have a better shot of being a one and done.

If one or more of those guys go pro it’ll be 1. More opportunity for him and 2. Show a clear 1-2 year path to the NBA
Not sure how he would be showcased in Duke's offense any more than ours when they are more than likely going to sign as many, if not more top end players than we will.

Does anyone believe him coming here relies at all on one or more of springer/Johnson/JJJ going pro after this year?

Obviously we want him no matter what, but I could see him going to duke if none of guys make the jump this year to be featured more in the offense/have a better shot of being a one and done.

If one or more of those guys go pro it’ll be 1. More opportunity for him and 2. Show a clear 1-2 year path to the NBA

Edit: As a disclaimer I have no idea what Dukes roster situation is projected to be, but I just assume they’ll be reloading and there will be less experienced guards on the roster.

Chandler is likely to sign in November, well before those guys have played more than a game or two.

Not sure how he would be showcased in Duke's offense any more than ours when they are more than likely going to sign as many, if not more top end players than we will.

I agree, just wondering if he’d see 4 sophomore/junior guards on the roster here vs fellow freshman guards at duke and think Duke might be an easier path to being a centerpiece.

Of course you could argue the guys that will be on the roster are better suited for the 2/3 spot, whereas he’s definitely a true point.

Either way I think him seeing a one or two and done would help us land him.

Austin Nichols is the only recent private school kid in Memphis I can think of that played for Memphis. Some Memphis fans think they’re getting Cisse from Lausanne, but I think he’s going to LSU.

Just heard this a day or two ago, but Cisse's connection to LSU is through an assistant. Cisse has a good friend who has a close connection to an LSU assistant.

Reactions: gordonr24
Cisse also has a Handler. Shocked. Too bad Penny's Moving Company is probably going to fail here

FWIW there is some talk about national signing day may be pushed back this year due to covid

I’ve heard that about football, but not basketball, but I guess that would makes sense to do both. FWIW I don’t really get why, you aren’t forced to sign early, if you don’t want to sign don’t.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Basilio 6/2/2020:

The Tigers and Penny Hardaway had already basically conceded Chandler was leaving the city and shifted their focus on to JD Davison as their top point guard target. North Carolina is also not optimistic about their chances with Chandler. Though Chandler maintains he will take official visits to all five of his finalists, Tennessee, Duke and Kentucky are the serious contenders and a decision is still likely to come in the fall from among those three. Tennessee continues to feel very good about their chances in the recruitment.

The Vols have sunk an awful lot of attention into Chandler. They could make a major statement by landing the state’s best player for the second year in a row and landing a five-star player for the third year in a row. They have a solid point guard in Santiago Vescovi, but Chandler has another gear to him off the bounce. Also, landing Chandler would greatly increase the chances of Rick Barnes and his staff landing another five-star in Paolo Banchero.
-Bossi

Over the last few weeks I have witnessed KC play against NBA and P5 players. His fundamentals and athletic ability is amazing. When they first started playing Ja Morant was backing off and dared him to shoot the 3. That has changed as he is knocking the 3 with ease. He threw s bounce pass from from beyond half court that UM DJ Jeffries caught in stride for a monstor dunk. Let me end on this note. The games consist of NBA and P5 players and he is not just holding his own but thriving. He has the fundamentals of Mike Conley and athletic ability of Morant. PS He has entered the building wearing orange a couple of times.
-Galilee, VQ.

VN Store

Back