‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

He’s not gonna go to Duke. I know there are ties with Cut, but just hearing what historically really motivates the Manning family in some of those programs, I think it would be nearly impossible for him to end up in Durham. The way the Manning family romanticizes their entire SEC college experiences at both Ole Miss and Tennessee would be incredibly difficult to overcome. The Duke college football gameday experience is unfortunately really bad, even with everything that Cut and his staff have done to make it relevant. In another thread I compared choosing to go to Duke for football over a big time SEC school would be like choosing to play A Ball in the Minor Leagues for 4 years instead of playing Game 7 in Yankee Stadium or Fenway for 4 years.
Obviously, I don’t know his motivations, but I have a hard time believing that playing in front 10,000 fans and maybe getting to a bowl game each year is the way he wants to spend his college football career.

He’s not gonna go to Duke. I know there are ties with Cut, but just hearing what historically really motivates the Manning family in some of those programs, I think it would be nearly impossible for him to end up in Durham. The way the Manning family romanticizes their entire SEC college experiences at both Ole Miss and Tennessee would be incredibly difficult to overcome. The Duke college football gameday experience is unfortunately really bad, even with everything that Cut and his staff have done to make it relevant. In another thread I compared choosing to go to Duke for football over a big time SEC school would be like choosing to play A Ball in the Minor Leagues for 4 years instead of playing Game 7 in Yankee Stadium or Fenway for 4 years.
Obviously, I don’t know his motivations, but I have a hard time believing that playing in front 10,000 fans and maybe getting to a bowl game each year is the way he wants to spend his college football career.
Yeah, I think he goes to Ole Miss unless they get put on more probation ( Kiffin will have an NCAA bullseye on his back )

Dnt count out DC. The Manning Family swears by him. I know Archie played at Ole Miss but i always thought Eli went there bc DC was the head man.
Ole Miss certainly hired Cutcliffe as an enticement for Eli, but it should be instructive that Ol Miss fired Cutcliffe as quickly as they could after Eli graduated.

Yeah, I think he goes to Ole Miss unless they get put on more probation ( Kiffin will have an NCAA bullseye on his back )
People have mentioned the relationship with Kiffin night not be great with the family. Does anybody actually know if this is true or is this just hopeful speculation? I hope the Mannings hate Kiffin if it means we have a better shot. If they don’t, I would consider it a pretty good chance that he would go there and have Kiffin’s tutelage. We can all say what we want about Lane, but he’s a great offensive mind and great QB coach.

I know that the Mannings very much love and respect Cutcliffe, but he might not be the QB guru that they remember him being. He's had what, like 2 QBs in the league in his 12 years at Duke?

Are you serious with that comment? Duke isn't recruiting NFL-level QB's. They're recruiting future doctors. It's amazing that Duke has placed any QB's in the NFL over the last 12 years. As it stands, they've placed 1 more NFL starting QB than UT has.

Are you serious with that comment? Duke isn't recruiting NFL-level QB's. They're recruiting future doctors. It's amazing that Duke has placed any QB's in the NFL over the last 12 years. As it stands, they've placed 1 more NFL starting QB than UT has.

All QBs at duke are pre-med? You do realize they have plenty options for fields of study?

People have mentioned the relationship with Kiffin night not be great with the family. Does anybody actually know if this is true or is this just hopeful speculation? I hope the Mannings hate Kiffin if it means we have a better shot. If they don’t, I would consider it a pretty good chance that he would go there and have Kiffin’s tutelage. We can all say what we want about Lane, but he’s a great offensive mind and great QB coach.
Whatever else can be said about Kiffin, Lane is an immature nut.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
All QBs at duke are pre-med? You do realize they have plenty options for fields of study?
Good grief. That was your take-away from my post? Pre-med was an example. Duke isn't landing elite-level talent. Nevertheless, they have produced one more starting NFL QB than UT has in the previous 12 years.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Beat me to it. I think there's a huge question as to whether or not Cut is a) coaching when Arch is picking a school and b) if he is, would be coaching for the 4 years arch is playing.

Remember, Cut had some heart issues awhile back. Not sure he wants the stress of coaching into his 70s.
He had heart issues in 2006...which prevented him from accepting the Notre Dame OC job. People have been trying to retire the man for over a decade! Everybody has a stopping point, but this one is football intensive and he’s at a program that is in no hurry to replace him...pretty health beneficial.

I don’t see Archie, Cooper, Eli, or Peyton pressuring him into any school. Archie fully supported Peyton’s decision to play at UT and not his Alma mater.
Cooper famously donned an UT jersey and paraded around the Ole Miss campus...daring anyone to say anything about it.

I say he goes to play for Leach and Miss State. And people thought Ole Miss fans were pissed at the Manning family in the 90’s....
Would love to see a stud prospect in Leach's system. I would add "with SEC athletes" except it is Miss St.

But if it comes to a recruiting battle among CJP, Kiffin, Coach O, and Leach...one does not belong.

Kiffin might not be there in 3 years either. But if he is and Ole Miss is back to being a respectable program with good offenses, you would think they would be the favorite here.

Kiffin might not be there in 3 years either. But if he is and Ole Miss is back to being a respectable program with good offenses, you would think they would be the favorite here.
U think the mannings would be cool with Kiffin coaching one of theirs?

We win and and are winning big year after year, gotta like our chances regardless of anything other than being relevant and not just relevant, but, going to the playoffs year in and out, or bust.........like it used to be. Great.

Then add in uncle MR. UT Manning.........might be hard to resist.

He's the type of scum that sticks to a good man's loafer.

Not sure in the Mannings relationship with Kiffin, but I do know this, Archie was on the panel that did the head coach search that hired Kiffin.

What was Archies input? Who knows, but Kiffin is an offensive genius and has kept his head down and stayed out of the light. I don’t like him being at Ole Miss! Was really hoping he would have got the FSU job.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back