Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This highlight is the offensive equivalent of Eric Berry dismantling Moreno.

Pure.
Power.

Drats, Brillo. I’m trying to wind down for bed and then this. 😤
giphy.gif

I've been involved in so many kinds of intense or meaningful conversations. Yet, never once run into a situation where using the actual term was necessary.

Surprised many find it unavoidable enough that we need a context judgement rule. Never experienced any difficulty with complete omission, personally.
Guess I'm just lucky.
1591760076404.gif

When I moved back south after finishing graduate school I promised I would go to every Tennessee-Florida game until we won. I had to sit and watch us lose by a single point in 2014 AND 2015, choking away games we should have won. 2016 was so cathartic it's difficult to put it into words.

I really want to start getting the better of Florida for a little while.

I think I’ve shared the story but I’ve seen literally every UF/TN game at Neyland since 96 except for 98 and 04. I wanted so bad to see us beat them. I had seen the one point losses and the beat downs. At half time I told my buddy I’ve never left games early but I was done. I couldn’t take it anymore. I was going to get two hot dogs and when I was done eating then if it wasn’t any better I was leaving. I finished the last bite of the second one when Hurd caught the first td. I just knew they were going to fight hard but come up short. When Jennings caught the long td to start the 4th I couldn’t believe it. I was still so nervous though after watching us squandering leads the last couple of years. I stayed and enjoyed every single second of the end of that game. Waving bye to Gator fans. Singing Rocky Top until I was hoarse. It was great.

Rewatching the game now I couldn’t tell it in the stands then but you could see the avalanche of momentum especially with the crowd. When Wolf caught the second td you could tell it was all but over for Florida. I hope to experience another just like it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back