Putting a face with a screen name

how did you end up quitting ? My daughter keeps trying but cant
You have to really want to quit knowing that if you continue you are going to have dire consequences, and the actual craving
only last 10 seconds at a time, so you find something else to do like chewing gum etc., and if you can make it two weeks you
are doing pretty good, and now days they have lozenges and different aids to help too.

Reactions: 508mikey
You have to really want to quit knowing that if you continue you are going to have dire consequences, and the actual craving
only last 10 seconds at a time, so you find something else to do like chewing gum etc., and if you can make it two weeks you
are doing pretty good, and now days they have lozenges and different aids to help too.

I think that is pretty much the key to any change. You really have to want to change it and put in 100% effort in order for it to be successful. Most people like to think they are putting in full effort when really it's much less. You know it, we all know it.

Congrats on your success!

I think that is pretty much the key to any change. You really have to want to change it and put in 100% effort in order for it to be successful. Most people like to think they are putting in full effort when really it's much less. You know it, we all know it.

Thank you Volwindy :)

Yeah, I used to joke that quitting smoking was easy — I'd done it lots of times!

But for me the key to really quitting was just total and final commitment. I looked at it the same as if I lost a limb or something: it's gone and that sucks but there's no getting it back so I have to adapt and move on. I just removed any possibility from my mind that I'd ever have another smoke, mourned the loss of it a while and got on with my life. It was very hard though, no doubt.

Now it's been 19 years since I had a cigarette, and I haven't even so much as thought about smoking in like... days.

Absolutely. My dad is a heavy smoker. The Drs have told him if he doesnt quit it's going to kill him. Hes 58 with a lot of health problems. Doubt he will see 68. Its frustrating for me. He just says "well somethings gotta kill me"

Dont smoke, people.

Poochpunt3rddown and TopsideVol/3*

For those who don’t know......TopsideVol also in the past known as My3*Vols passed away. If you don’t post in the Zone you might not have known that.
We are all very sad as there weren’t many people as good as Barrett. He will be missed.

20200607_184629.jpgI gotta brag on my big baby. This may be silly to some, but I'm proud of her because a few of you know her situation. Our church does a bible college, nothing big, just for those wanting to study more into the bible. For 4 years she has stayed dedicated to this. In that 4 years she's had a world of trouble with her illness. Several surgeries, chemo shots, and came close to dying on us after having her bladder removed. I've watched her suffer, yet watched her stay faithful to doing this because she loves the Lord, and wants to learn all she can. Tonight, along with a few others, she graduated. That may seem silly to some, but it means the world to her, and I'm proud of her work. I even tried to get her to take a break several times, but she wanted to finish.

VN Store

Back