Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being racist and saying stuff like Clemsons coaches Do isn’t questionable. There’s no place for it.
Tell me what you think about the Tweet about Dabo not wanting them to have the rap music playing because of N word. Is that offensive that he didn't want them to play it, or that he said what it said...or is it just because of the other coach? I would really like to understand.

Let’s go. Fire his ass.

Even if he did use the word, he only said it because he was using the words that he did not want to hear in the song. As is often the case these days, blowing things out of proportion just to make someone look bad, or to get clicks. Hey, I would love to seem him brought down, but in a legitimate way.

Even if he did use the word, he only said it because he was using the words that he did not want to hear in the song. As is often the case these days, blowing things out of proportion just to make someone look bad, or to get clicks. Hey, I would love to seem him brought down, but in a legitimate way.

It’s not just saying the word. It’s him having a whole problem with the entire culture which is why he’s saying it like that or else he would just say “can we not play explicit music”.

Tell me what you think about the Tweet about Dabo not wanting them to have the rap music playing because of N word. Is that offensive that he didn't want them to play it, or that he said what it said...or is it just because of the other coach? I would really like to understand.

If i was in that locker room, i would take it as “i don’t want to hear N***** music”. I’m sure a lot of other players took it that way too.

One incident with an assistant, raises and eyebrow but this added on to it tells you there's more going on. And tbh, it does NOT matter if he was quoting song lyrics. He is in a professional job, representing a university, and the highest paid employee of the state of South Carolina. A professor, janitor, car salesman, lawyer, police officer etc. (almost any occupation you can imagine) using similar words would be out of a job with no one crying for them and it would be their fault too because they know you can't behave that way at work or even in private without consequences.

It’s not just saying the word. It’s him having a whole problem with the entire culture which is why he’s saying it like that or else he would just say “can we not play explicit music”.
You are glossing over the fact that the player that was playing the music said he didn't say it.

Yep - I posted the same thing in the off topic thread. We are at HHI for two weeks and it is wide open. Most of the servers in the restaurants we have been to are not wearing masks and seating is back to 100%. See employees masked at the grocery stores, Sam's, other retailers, etc. Tennessee is well represented. Most UT fans I have ever seen here in all our years of visiting.

Enjoy it man. Wish we were able to stay longer. We stayed at the Harbor Town Inn and really like it but may try a condo next time.

Reactions: Vols4us
Grey area.

No it's really not. An academic debate over what the n-word means, it's history and etymology, etc. that involves saying the actual word is a gray area but outside of very slim circumstances it's not a grey area when a white person drops an n-bomb. The area that should be grey is just what the consequences of it should be and that depends on the circumstances and other factors but there's no question that it's wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

No it's really not. An academic debate over what the n-word means, it's history and etymology, etc. that involves saying the actual word is a gray area but outside of very slim circumstances it's not a grey area when a white person drops an n-bomb. The area that should be grey is just what the consequences of it should be and that depends on the circumstances and other factors but there's no question that it's wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

Did you see the context of the quote?

You are glossing over the fact that the player that was playing the music said he didn't say it.
He didn't say it when the music was playing. So him playing it is irrelevant. He said it to begin a team meeting. Then players walked out. Maybe that guy wasn't even there at the start of the meeting, who knows? He didn't specify. Sounded more like "he didn't say that in the locker room" which isn't what the guy said.

That guy also said, "not telling you how you should have addressed it"...wait, what? So there IS something to address? Sounds like he just didn't want it to be made public and kept hush hush. Also came back and said, "it was all off what I remembered". Not exactly definitive...just I don't remember it that way backtracking. Lmao

Idk, they have stopped talking, so doubtful there is any clarification.

Last edited:
Did you see the context of the quote?

I do now. Sorry, Catbone. I thought you were talking about the incident itself rather than pointing out that Clemson's very founding was for the purpose of being the 'white' school in South Carolina. There's no doubt that Clemson has a history it has managed to avoid outside of its immediate neighbors pointing it out. But really, Clemson's history is on par with Ole Miss and George Wallace's "Schoolhouse Door Speech" at the University of Alabama. The fact that Tillman still stands named as it is says a ton about where their priorities are and how they've failed to address their past.

He didn't say it when the music was playing. So him playing it is irrelevant. He said it to begin a team meeting. Then players walked out. Maybe that guy wasn't even there at the start of the meeting, who knows? He didn't specify. Sounded more like "he didn't say that in the locker room" which isn't what the guy said.

Idk, they have stopped talking, so doubtful there is any clarification.

What I got from those tweets was that the second guy was basically telling the first guy to take it in-house. That was the part that was clearest. He was kindly being told to STFU because it would look bad.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back