Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH though... All this BS is further proof social media is the downfall of modern civilization. SJWs are literally destroying America from the inside. China and Russia know it's the only way to defeat us and they're loving the unrest. Soon we will be like the UK and be arrested for what we type on the internet. Book it.

I think Russia and China (and others) are hopeful that this will be our downfall. I think we are stronger than that.

Let’s go. Fire his ass.

tenor.gif

Not that I want to defend Dabo, but this is what that headline is referring to. He was saying he didn't want people to come in and hear that word be used in the music. Then the headline reads that he said the N word....as if he talks that way.View attachment 285393
I agree with you. He wasn’t using the word, he was referring to it as words he didn’t want to hear in his locker room.

Does the media not even check on things anymore?

Not that I want to defend Dabo, but this is what that headline is referring to. He was saying he didn't want people to come in and hear that word be used in the music. Then the headline reads that he said the N word....as if he talks that way.View attachment 285393

I agree the context does make the situation better. Still shouldn't have said it though.

I take this more as a "Southern ignorance thing" than a "was racist" thing.

I agree with you. He wasn’t using the word, he was referring to it as words he didn’t want to hear in his locker room.

The headline may be a bit misleading but if its true(I think it is) then that will not play well with most black families and recruits.

I've had a lot of black friends and a few mixed family members who were fine with the version ending in an a coming out of my mouth when singing songs together or as a greeting between really good friends. But I knew that I had not only their approval, they encouraged me to because of how close we were and they knew I wasn't racist and wanted me to be part of their group, be comfortable, etc.

I have had other black friends that it never came up and I never would have said it because I wouldn't want them to be offended.

A good buddy that used to ride to work with me had the exact same taste in favorite 90's hip hop. We would be rapping along having a good time going to work and t N-word part of the song would play and I'd go silent and pick right back up after that word.

He turned to me one day and said "I appreciate you going out of your way not to offend me, but you my n***a and I'm tired of you f'ing up the song so sing it!" It's all about showing respect and understanding of what black people have gone through, treating them no different than your other friends/family and knowing your audience.

Dabo needs to know his audience and check his fake pastor ego.

I think Russia and China (and others) are hopeful that this will be our downfall. I think we are stronger than that.
I hope you are right. I have lost all faith in the American people. We don’t seem to show much strength and resiliency anymore. We run solely off of emotions anymore. You can’t make good decisions based on the latest emotion. Our media and politicians feed off of the emotional craziness. And you see what that has gotten us so far in 2020 alone.

Doesn’t matter. Still can’t say it and it is comical you think it makes it better that he’s trying to legislate whether or not young black men can say it/listen to music.

Pruitt is about to own recruiting in the South....and apparently most other places. He says little but his actions speak volumes about his love for his (and other) players. The man doesn't seem to have a racist bone in his body and treats all players on the team like family.

Th hat type of stuff is talked about among recruits, families and, most importantly, high school coaches. He is building a foundation of trust for vfc this program. It's not the flashy quick fix but it's sustainable for building long term success.

I fully believe that Fulmer hired the best possible man to lead our program and we will continue to pick up steam and start to dominate. I doubt he leaves for Bama after Saban retires and he is not a guy who has NFL aspirations. He is a teacher, role model, mentor and football coach....in that order.

Pruitt is about to own recruiting in the South....and apparently most other places. He says little but his actions speak volumes about his love for his (and other) players. The man doesn't seem to have a racist bone in his body and treats all players on the team like family.

Th hat type of stuff is talked about among recruits, families and, most importantly, high school coaches. He is building a foundation of trust for vfc this program. It's not the flashy quick fix but it's sustainable for building long term success.

I fully believe that Fulmer hired the best possible man to lead our program and we will continue to pick up steam and start to dominate. I doubt he leaves for Bama after Saban retires and he is not a guy who has NFL aspirations. He is a teacher, role model, mentor and football coach....in that order.

Music to my ears, but I will always worry that UT will find a way to screw it up!

It doesn’t matter. Dabo can’t say that word. Period.

Can’t sing it in a song.
Can’t quote from a movie.
Can’t shorten it with an ‘a’.

It should be abundantly clear at this point to anyone paying attention- you just can’t say it, ever.

Dabo is an idiot for doing so.

Doesn’t matter. Still can’t say it and it is comical you think it makes it better that he’s trying to legislate whether or not young black men can say it/listen to music.
Agree with you until your last 3 words. I think he absolutely can limit what is played in his locker room, just has to be consistent.

You would think that a coach in today's society making millions of dollars a year and needing to recruit and relate to young black athletes would already have thought through all of these issues and come to the conclusion that there are certain words that he can never say, even if the young men use those words themselves within their own cultural context.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with Pruitt so far and his ability to relate to his players on these issues.

Dabo has a problem now. The issue has come up and he apparently is struggling to find an appropriate response. He better resolve this soon because the coaches who recruit against him, especially ones like Randy Garner whose methodology is to get very close to a recruit and his family, will exploit this.

Agree with you until your last 3 words. I think he absolutely can limit what is played in his locker room, just has to be consistent.

You can also do it in a “teachable moment” kind of way. Dabo just seems in love with himself and can’t imagine life in someone else’s shoes. Just like when he is ranting about paying players right before he jumps in his fancy car to drive to his fancy lake house...

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back