'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Add some weight and make him a flex TE. Would be a nightmare against LBs or Safeties.

GBF🍊.

He sounds like a hybrid TE/WR/HBack type. Chaney needs to be creative in getting him involved. Use him in the passing game the way Sean Payton used Marques Colston. Line him up just off the LOS, like a slot TE. I think this kid could be special.

If it’s legit 4.4 speed he needs to use him like Patterson. All over the field he’s basically a nightmare

And has wiggle like a tail back, get him on the perimeter and let him break tackles. Should be a huge YAC guy his entire career.

He's also been known to leap over houses and crush concrete blocks with his bare hands. He eats nails for breakfast and has de-flowered more virginal maidens than can be counted.

So he’s 6’6, 220 pounds, runs a 4.5 and only played football (legit football) his junior and senior year. Man oh man
He played his Freshman year also, and always played youth football, his So season is only one he missed and he did that to concentrate on basketball only at the time.

Oh nvmd, i was reading the Simmons article from the beginning of the thread. Sounds like his ceiling is still so high
I think he's going to be a fan favorite and a big time producer, I think he'll be an elite player, just too good of a kid and freakish talent to not be.
*Provided he doesn't get derailed with the women, they are undefeated!

I hope he kills it in both, that would be awesome publicity.
I think it'll take him a couple of seasons before he contributes in basketball but he's certainly got the ability. He and Coach Pruitt have really hit it off, Pruitt is why D chose TN, if he and Barnes do the same he might just play some early. He's a good kid, I've said it before, he'll be a Vol fan favorite I believe. The kid plays tough and with some JJ type attitude on the football field.

I think it'll take him a couple of seasons before he contributes in basketball but he's certainly got the ability. He and Coach Pruitt have really hit it off, Pruitt is why D chose TN, if he and Barnes do the same he might just play some early. He's a good kid, I've said it before, he'll be a Vol fan favorite I believe. The kid plays tough and with some JJ type attitude on the football field.

He's an athlete.
If he has the heart for defense and rebounding then he will get minutes as a freshman.

He's an athlete.
If he has the heart for defense and rebounding then he will get minutes as a freshman.
I have to agree with @PulaskiVolFan. It will take him a couple of years before he contributes in basketball, if he ever does. Not doubting his talent, next year's team is loaded with kids his size and if he excels at football like I expect, he may decide to concentrate solely on football.

I have to agree with @PulaskiVolFan. It will take him a couple of years before he contributes in basketball, if he ever does. Not doubting his talent, next year's team is loaded with kids his size and if he excels at football like I expect, he may decide to concentrate solely on football.
He's definitely going to give basketball a try, I'd be surprised if he ever quit unless he just turned into a big time top 10 NFL draft pick. Folks underestimate his love for basketball. I'm hoping he and Wideman both excel, especially for the publicity as mentioned above, it would definitely become a recruiting tool.

VN Store

Back