Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
JG still QB and people predicting wins over Bama, FL, Georgia, or OKLA. 😆
I'm not sure JG can win at SC

Just win the games you're supposed to and go 8-4 or 7-5. HB takes over in 2021 and Vols win 9 maybe 10 games
JG has won me over.... I really hope he shows a different player this year and has a fantastic senior year.

Reactions: Riverratvolfan
curious to see what happens with us once tests start coming back. i think it''ll wind up being more prevelant than not, at least for most teams to have reported cases, regardless of the # of cases.
They are showing that you can still test positive for three to four months after testing positive the first time.... the disease appears to be fading quite a bit though with not many people getting sick from it any more.

And if we win those 2...look out!!

IMHO - At OU we need to score at least 35 to have a chance. Can JG get us 5 TD's or even 4 with one from the D or special teams? I will have to see it to believe it. Trask will be better but so is our D so we win at home if we can get to 28, maybe as few as 24 if we don't turn it over. Can a JG led O get us 3-4 Td's and a couple more FG shots? Tall task against a typically tough Gator D.

Both OU and the Gators will stack the box and make JG beat them with his arm. The dude can throw go's, skinny posts, and deep outs pretty effectively but struggles mightily with crossing routes, screens, and fades or anything really requiring touch and accurate location.

With JG at QB if we win either of these games, it will be a minor miracle. Don’t get blown out and stay healthy would be my best expectation.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
How much does it suck to be Jake Fromm right now? He leaves school early, drops deep into the draft, gets drafted by a team with an already established young QB in a cold city and now is facing the possibility of being cut after old racist texts surface.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
How much does it suck to be Jake Fromm right now? He leaves school early, drops deep into the draft, gets drafted by a team with an already established young QB in a cold city and now is facing the possibility of being cut after old racist texts surface.
4 words...”Good ole Rocky Top!”

Bro Oregon about to pull:
Troy Franklin 5* WR
Donte Thornton 4* WR top like 30 player
And some other 4* WR that 247 compares to DeSean Jackson.

They also got Matavao, and some high ranked RB that again 247 compared to DeAnthony Thomas(who was one of the most exciting players in college).

That’s a pretty niceeeee offense soon

Bro Oregon about to pull:
Troy Franklin 5* WR
Donte Thornton 4* WR top like 30 player
And some other 4* WR that 247 compares to DeSean Jackson.

They also got Matavao, and some high ranked RB that again 247 compared to DeAnthony Thomas(who was one of the most exciting players in college).

That’s a pretty niceeeee offense soon
Mario Cristobal making his case for the Bama job someday.

Let's have this conversation again. It's not necessarily bad for 20 year old athletes. But it can severely affect someone who is 50, 60+. There are numerous important people in a high level football program who are either older or are obese. These people probably would prefer not getting the corona virus. I guess you can tell them to stay away, but then you have people like Nick Saban, or even Jim Chaney having to stay away. That isn't even discussing administrators who make the program go round and round.

Look, I want football. I'm not advocating for a stoppage whatsoever. I am also 40 and can handle being out. But, the point of it all was prevention. Sports don't necessarily have to be played, and there are some liability issues, too.

As I have said before: yes, bad things happen to people. But I prefer to look both ways crossing the street instead of just blindly walking. I have a better chance of not getting hit if I look both ways.
Those people can work via zoom or whatever, delegate responsibilities down the line, or continue to socially distance. Universities and athletic departments will fail without football. It brings in way too much money. Don’t want to see that happen when there really isn’t a reason other than people being scared of dying (which means you might as well be dead anyway)

I wish I had your faith. He looked so bad against Vandy and even worse in the bowl game. That's his last 2 games. He is not improving at all IMO
A for effort and toughness. C at best for processing and decision making. Hes a great kid just don't know if he has the ability to get us where we want to go

I wish I had your faith. He looked so bad against Vandy and even worse in the bowl game. That's his last 2 games. He is not improving at all IMO
I don’t know if I faith but that kid has been through so much and persevered that I am hoping it works out for him... I hope the second year in the same system helps.

Last edited:
i think that's a big deal...if it's the business doing it, i get it. it make sense to me. you have employees and patrons/customers to think about, and forget the human part of it, there stands to be a great potential for liability issues down the road given how much we don't yet know about this thing, but do know about preventative measures. so if the question "why wouldn't you require xyz to be done" is ever asked....the answer could get you in a sticky situation.

so, long story short...went to great clips last week too...had to wear a mask in and while in the chair, and they took my teperature at the door...and i had to sit in my car while i waited lol.....and while i was a bit peeved.....i got over it.

and it was nice getting a real haircut. :)
I just happened to be their first customer at 9:00 AM so I just walked in when they opened the door. They did have a sign that said only 6 customers were allowed in the store. They didn't take my temperature though. Guess they're all different in that regard. The lady told me that they have been swamped since they opened but things were really slowing down now. She also said most of their regular customers haven't returned and I thought that was strange.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back