Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear this from my buddies regularly. I understand that sentiment, but I practice unholstering, chambering a round, and firing every time I am at the range.

I'd wager to bet that I am faster pulling my pistol, chambering, and firing my firearm faster than most people that carry can unholster. It is personal preference, but I feel safer from accidental discharge (TWSS) without one in the chamber. I shot competitions when I was younger and I was always taught to never chamber a firearm until you are ready to fire downrange, that has always stuck with me. An "accident" cannot happen if a round isn't in the chamber.

Again, that was a personal choice of mine, so I fully understand carrying chambered is preferred for most people.
Your post made me think of this...

I hear this from my buddies regularly. I understand that sentiment, but I practice unholstering, chambering a round, and firing every time I am at the range.

I'd wager to bet that I am faster pulling my pistol, chambering, and firing my firearm faster than most people that carry can unholster. It is personal preference, but I feel safer from accidental discharge (TWSS) without one in the chamber. I shot competitions when I was younger and I was always taught to never chamber a firearm until you are ready to fire downrange, that has always stuck with me. An "accident" cannot happen if a round isn't in the chamber.

Again, that was a personal choice of mine, so I fully understand carrying chambered is preferred for most people.

Realize it is a personal choice - but I completely agree with you. Practicing with once continuous motion and I find there to be minimal differences in time taken. In reality, you will be moving/sliding in one direction or another while you are doing it if an unfortunate event happens. I never chamber even with a safety on. Like you, I am more concerned with an accident than potentially losing less than a second in a real time event.

Realize it is a personal choice - but I completely agree with you. Practicing with once continuous motion and I find there to be minimal differences in time taken. In reality, you will be moving/sliding in one direction or another while you are doing it if an unfortunate event happens. I never chamber even with a safety on. Like you, I am more concerned with an accident than potentially losing less than a second in a real time event.
If it slows me down it is by some fraction of a second. Like you said, it one continuous motion, my left hand pushes back the slide while my right arm moves forward.

Chances of an accidental discharge outweigh the chances of me needing whatever fraction of a second it takes me to chamber a round.

God forbid I ever have to actually use my carry firearm, but if I ever do, I will be prepared without having to risk my life every second I carry due to having one chambered. That's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Go to the shooting range and see what kind of side arms they have to demo! Not everyone has the same size hands or preference!
My first line of “home” defense, as in someone kicking down my door, is my trained Belgian Malinois, after that, it’s my Remington 870 tactical that leans against my bed post.
I carry a range of diff guns based on what I’m wearing or where I’m going. Main go to’s are my sig 938 or kimber tactical ultra 3”.
As for glocks, great gun, tried and true, but I prefer Springfield XDM over the glock. Have several of them that I like as well.
Go to a range, take a safety class, and make your decision. Good luck and stay safe!

Springfield's XD-M 10mm is a fine pistol. Haven't bought one yet, but the range had one to try. My son-in-law is a Glock guy. My carry is a Ruger LC9s. That one felt right the first time I held it and has a good trigger feel with the short pull. Reliable, thumb safety (right hand only), conceals well in deep pockets or belt. Wouldn't want to spend the day shooting it because of the kick, but for the intended purpose and 10 minutes of practice every once in awhile it has been well worth it. A friend has the Kimber and really likes it. Going to try it next time we hit the range together.

Wonder if we indefinitely suspend Jordan, redshirt him and bring him back next year, like Johnson, but obviously different situations lol

That’s a good point on the redshirt. Pruitt seems to have been trying to backfill the older classes as there wasn’t really that much here when he took over. He’s brought in a number of JUCOs and transfers and as you note made use of the redshirt rule to add age/experience to the roster. I’d be very surprised if Jordan doesn’t come back. I mean George assaulted a policeman and I think Bryce threatened to shoot up the school or something. Banks was campaigning to be chairman of the He-man woman haters club. I’m not even certain Jordan would have been arrested if he had been in Tennessee.

On a side note, a number of my neighbors are driving around these days with a gun in their car, and at the ready. I’m not kidding. They’re not bashful about showing it either. I really don’t expect they’re going to use them just like Tim was probably never going to use his and marijuana isn’t seen as the incredibly evil weed it once was. I’m not sure why these kids don’t get a license to carry but then they say life’s processes are more difficult for some communities than others. Anyway, I’ve always thought Tim seemed like a pretty good kid and nothing that has happened that I’ve heard about to this point has really changed that. jmo.

That’s a good point on the redshirt. Pruitt seems to have been trying to backfill the older classes as there wasn’t really that much here when he took over. He’s brought in a number of JUCOs and transfers and as you note made use of the redshirt rule to add age/experience to the roster. I’d be very surprised if Jordan doesn’t come back. I mean George assaulted a policeman and I think Bryce threatened to shoot up the school or something. Banks was campaigning to be chairman of the He-man woman haters club. I’m not even certain Jordan would have been arrested if he had been in Tennessee.

On a side note, a number of my neighbors are driving around these days with a gun in their car, and at the ready. I’m not kidding. They’re not bashful about showing it either. I really don’t expect they’re going to use them just like Tim was probably never going to use his and marijuana isn’t seen as the incredibly evil weed it once was. I’m not sure why these kids don’t get a license to carry but then they say life’s processes are more difficult for some communities than others. Anyway, I’ve always thought Tim seemed like a pretty good kid and nothing that has happened that I’ve heard about to this point has really changed that. jmo.
And what part of Chatt would your neighbors be carrying. Just so I dont accidentally get shot by one of them

IMO, doesn't make any difference
So you don’t think he gets suspended that long? Maybe Johnson was the wrong example, maybe Banks?

I also should have worded it, “If Tim Jordan gets indefinitely suspended, do you guys think we will redshirt him (if allowed back)

IMO, doesn't make any difference
Would be nice to go along with Gray. Honestly don't see any of the 2020 guys being studs...maybe Small. Brown will be a beast, but just a true freshman. I think Jordan would be nice (not great or necessary) to retain, like Brandon Johnson.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Wish people weren’t so stupid.
If Dabo had any intelligence he would have taken up for that kid. What distraction is that? It helps your team and helps recruiting tremendously. So idk why coaches think it’s easier to hide things like this when it ends up hurting them in the end.
Butch mentality.

And what part of Chatt would your neighbors be carrying. Just so I dont accidentally get shot by one of them

We're in the suburbs. I was looking at this chart from the 2010 Census earlier today and it's striking when you actually consider the demographics of some of our largest cities. If you think about the politics of the Democratic party and their major constituent groups and the fact that a typical election map is a sea of red with blue dots here and there for major cities, it's pretty incredible. The idea that we're a multi-cultural society isn't really all that uniform across the country. We may be multi-cultural but to a large extent we live in different enclaves where there's not a tremendous amount of diversity. I think if a political party was to ever emerge that could solve the issues in our major cities we wouldn't have so much division in our country. The cities need more effective leaders and more effective policies. For the rest of us, I think the general sentiment is just leave us the hell alone,. jmo.

ScreenHunter 386.png

So you don’t think he gets suspended that long? Maybe Johnson was the wrong example, maybe Banks?

I also should have worded it, “If Tim Jordan gets indefinitely suspended, do you guys think we will redshirt him (if allowed back)
Would be the way to go imo. It's something I was already thinking about, considering Gray and Chandler deserve 90% of the snaps anyway, why not save him for next year? He could be a strong #2 to Gray imo. Gray's weakness (as of now) is blocking and that is Jordan's strength. Complementary.

We're in the suburbs. I was looking at this chart from the 2010 Census earlier today and it's striking when you actually consider the demographics of some of our largest cities. If you think about the politics of the Democratic party and their major constituent groups and the fact that a typical election map is a sea of red with blue dots here and there for major cities, it's pretty incredible. The idea that we're a multi-cultural society isn't really all that uniform across the country. We may be multi-cultural but to a large extent we live in different enclaves where there's not a tremendous amount of diversity. I think if a political party was to ever emerge that could solve the issues in our major cities we wouldn't have so much division in our country. The cities need more effective leaders and more effective policies. For the rest of us, I think the general sentiment is just leave us the hell alone,. jmo.

View attachment 284377

So if the percentage of minority is over 60+% wouldn't that make them the majority?

View attachment 284377
So if the percentage of minority is over 60+% wouldn't that make them the majority?
My thoughts exactly... how is 70%+ a minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back