'21 NC DE Isaac Washington

He will end up there.

I don’t think so. The way he talked about Tennessee and the constant communication with the coaches. And he’s actively peer recruiting. Doesn’t sound like a kid that’s leaving, especially since he’s already recommitted.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Today [7/20/20] Washington called his decision to re-join Tennessee’s class “the best decision I ever made,” and went on to restate that his recruitment was completely shut down — insinuating that he was a solid lock to the Volunteers. Washington, who made the statement through Twitter, also told Sports Illustrated that the biggest competition to win him over had come from Auburn, who was attempting to flip Washington to the Tigers.

...Auburn’s push for Washington’s services now could be falling on deaf ears, as the East Surry product has continually praised the Vols throughout the COVID-19 lock down. However, Washington still plans on going on an official visit to Auburn after the lock down is completed. “When everything opens back up, I need to take an official to Auburn, and my official to Tennessee,” the North Carolina native told Matt Ray. “ I need to get my mom up to Auburn because that is a place she really wants to go see, but that is really all. Just to take the visits that I couldn't take because of (COVID-19)."
Isaac Washington Calls Decision to Commit to Tennessee the "Best Decision" He Ever Made

Frame: Good height and overall size. Average width across shoulders, chest. Relatively taut midsection. Powerful, developing lower body. Plenty of room for additional weight, though likely plays below 300 pounds.

Athleticism: Exceptional overall body control. Very quick feet in short areas; shifty at POA. Fast, and reaches top speed in a hurry. Flexible hips, ankles. Ample functional strength, but doesn’t play with consistent power.

Instincts: Penetrator. Regularly beats opposing linemen at snap with jukes, arm/hand movement or simple inside move. Enough speed to get corner and bend to quarterback. Dangerous in pursuit, especially considering size. Would rather shed blockers than plug holes.

Polish: Burgeoning array of pass-rush moves, including swim, rip and arm-over. Shows patience as read-option defender, chopping feet through mesh point before attacking. Must prove ability to anchor at POA. Needs additional weight, strength before taking field.

Bottom Line: It’s indicative of Washington’s rare athleticism that he regularly lines up in a two-point stance for East Surry, functioning as an outside linebacker. He’ll put his hand in the dirt for Tennessee, likely as full-time five-technique, but surely maintain some sense of the versatility that makes him so disruptive in high school. Projects as a multi-year starter who could get looks from NFL scouts, depending on S&C development.

SI All-American Candidate Isaac Washington Highlights and Evaluation

I wonder if he’ll be athletic enough to do like Pernell McPhee at OLB? Kinda favors him.

North Carolina high school football, along with some other fall sports, pushed back its seasons to spring of 2021, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. For highly-touted college prospects like Washington, their prep careers ended abruptly. “I’m still working out with my team, but I don’t plan on staying around for the season. They know I’m planning on leaving,” the defensive tackle told Volquest. “It’s unfortunate because it was my senior year and of course I wanted to play. But I don’t really look at it as a huge deal because I know I’m on to bigger and better things.” “I’ve been working hard – really focusing on my speed, footwork and agility,” Washington said. “That and schoolwork, eating and sleeping – it’s really all I can do to be honest.”
The East Surry standout speaks with Tennessee and Brumbaugh just about every day. Other programs around the country are still doing their due-diligence but understand where Washington’s priority is. “I like the way he coaches. He’s hard-nosed but won’t sit there and cuss you out. He’s going to coach you up and teach you the ways,” Washington said. “I’m ready to play for him. I’m ready and he knows I’m ready. I’ve just got to be patient right now.” “It’s changed a whole lot,” the Vol commit said of recruiting. “I haven’t been hit up an awful lot since committing, but some teams are still calling and texting me. I’m not going anywhere, though. I’m 100 percent Tennessee. “They text me and I leave them on read.”
The Vols picked up Texas A&M (November 14) at home and Auburn (November 21) on the plains under the new formula. “The new schedule looks good. I feel like we probably have one of the hardest schedules out here,” Washington concluded. “It’ll stack up well. The teams I watched growing up were Alabama and Auburn, so it was pretty cool seeing Auburn added to the schedule. “I hope I get to play against Auburn when I get there.”
-vq

Blessing in disguise. We know what we’re getting and let’s get going towards that. No sweating out high school games hoping his name ain’t amongst the injured.

VN Store

Back