'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

ā€œJust debating on if I should do it now and get it out of the way and start recruiting my class, or maybe I should just wait and make sure I do make the right decision and that I donā€™t go back on my word and have to decommit and commit two or three times,ā€ said Simpson, whoā€™s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 91 overall prospect and No. 3 pro-style quarterback in the 2022 class.

ā€œJust different coaches (are) asking me when Iā€™m going to jump in the boat, and when can I start recruiting this class? And I tell them the same thing: Iā€™ve just got to pray about it, talk to my mom and dad about it. Hopefully, if the time comes and I know whether itā€™s the right decision, then Iā€™ll do it.ā€

For now, he said several programs are standing out to him, including home-state school Tennessee and a half-dozen other SEC teams.

ā€œI think LSU would be up there, of course, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and Florida ā€” those six ā€” and Texas A&M could be in there, and Ole Miss,ā€ Simpson said. ā€œI guess those eight would be very, very big standouts ā€” just always on the phone every week, and I always have a good relationship with those guys.ā€

For reference here's the part I was referring to:

Ty Simpson has thought at times in recent months that he might be ready to decide on a college sometime before his junior season. At other times, he has expressed a desire to wait a bit longer, spend more time exploring his options and avoid making a premature commitment.
Heā€™s currently leaning toward taking his time.
Nothing is set in stone at this point, but the four-star Class of 2022 quarterback from Westview High School in Martin, Tenn., said heā€™s now simply hoping to decide on a school sometime ā€œbefore summer camps happenā€ next year.

Summer before his senior season? Thatā€™s the usual timeframe.
No itā€™s not. Most high profile QBā€™s commit well before then. Look at the 4 and 5 star QBā€™s listed on Rivals for 2021 class. Only a few arenā€™t currently committed somewhere. Many have been committed for quite awhile already.

Reactions: Jack Burton
No itā€™s not. Most high profile QBā€™s commit well before then. Look at the 4 and 5 star QBā€™s listed on Rivals for 2021 class. Only a few arenā€™t currently committed somewhere. Many have been committed for quite awhile already.
Would be nice to go ahead commit and then have a whole year and a half to recruit your class.

Donā€™t know what your definition of ā€œmostā€ is, but here are some HIGH PROFILE QBs and their commitment dates:
Justin Fields 10/17 (after Summer before their senior season)

Sam Howell 12/18 (after Summer)

Tua Tagovailoa 5/16 (okay, May isnā€™t technically Summer...but itā€™s right there. Itā€™s definitely not the Summer AFTER his sophomore season!)

DJ Uiagalelei 5/19 (see above)

And latest high profile story subject JT Daniels 7/17...one could quibble that was after his sophomore season but we can safely deduce he always planned on reclassifying and graduating early.

Enough examples? The Summer before a face of the program QBā€™s senior season is the standard time frame to get that piece. Harrison Bailey bit a month after his junior season ended. If Simpson is in that neighborhood, is he free to set his own pooping schedule?

Donā€™t know what your definition of ā€œmostā€ is, but here are some HIGH PROFILE QBs and their commitment dates:
Justin Fields 10/17 (after Summer before their senior season)

Sam Howell 12/18 (after Summer)

Tua Tagovailoa 5/16 (okay, May isnā€™t technically Summer...but itā€™s right there. Itā€™s definitely not the Summer AFTER his sophomore season!)

DJ Uiagalelei 5/19 (see above)

And latest high profile story subject JT Daniels 7/17...one could quibble that was after his sophomore season but we can safely deduce he always planned on reclassifying and graduating early.

Enough examples? The Summer before a face of the program QBā€™s senior season is the standard time frame to get that piece. Harrison Bailey bit a month after his junior season ended. If Simpson is in that neighborhood, is he free to set his own pooping schedule?
I know you love to argue and I donā€™t really care to engage but I was pretty clear in my definition of ā€œmostā€. Look up the current 2021 QBā€™s listed on Rivals. Iā€™ll help...of the Top 15 pro style QBā€™s 13/15 are currently committed. Of the Top 15 dual threat QBā€™s 10/15 are currently committed. So 23 of the top 30 2021 QBā€™s are currently committed. I think itā€™s pretty fair to say ā€œmostā€, donā€™t you agree?

I know you love to argue and I donā€™t really care to engage but I was pretty clear in my definition. Look up the current 2021 QBā€™s listed on Rivals. Iā€™ll help...of the Top 15 pro style QBā€™s 13/15 are currently committed. Of the Top 15 dual threat QBā€™s 10/15 are currently committed. So 23 of the top 30 2021 QBā€™s are currently committed. I think itā€™s pretty fair to say ā€œmostā€, donā€™t you agree?
So CURRENT is most? 2021 QBs arenā€™t SIGNED, so itā€™s a little hasty to add them to the data ledger...donā€™t you agree? But thatā€™s neither here nor there. Simpson is Class of 22...how many of THEM are committed? Stay on point Swan Man! And it takes at least two to ARGUE. Otherwise itā€™s one guy pontificating on a message board about a kidā€™s bowel movement schedule.

So CURRENT is most? 2021 QBs arenā€™t SIGNED, so itā€™s a little hasty to add them to the data ledger...donā€™t you agree? But thatā€™s neither here nor there. Simpson is Class of 22...how many of THEM are committed? Stay on point Swan Man! And it takes at least two to ARGUE. Otherwise itā€™s one guy pontificating on a message board about a kidā€™s bowel movement schedule.
MOST of the CURRENT class, yes. 23/30 = a majority. Or Most. Did MOST of the Top QBā€™s in previous classes commit by this time during their junior years? Iā€™m betting they did. Just like the current class has done.

Will MOST of the Top QBā€™s in the ā€˜22 class be committed by this time next year? Yes, I believe they will be.

MOST of the CURRENT class, yes. 23/30 = a majority. Or Most. Did MOST of the Top QBā€™s in previous classes commit by this time during their junior years? Iā€™m betting they did. Just like the current class has done.

Will MOST of the Top QBā€™s in the ā€˜22 class be committed by this time next year? Yes, I believe they will be.
So May of 21? Heā€™s not a JUNIOR yet so you have me at a loss with the bolded and underlined part. If Simpson shizz by then youā€™ll accept his commitment? What if it slides into June...but just barely? The commode gets shut down? For the record, I think heā€™ll pick his school by at least January of 21...which is when Vandagriff went UGA. Artificial deadlines are artificial. Save me some research and tell me how many top QBs in the 22 class have already declared and hazard a guess how many will be committed to their eventual school by the end of this Summer.

Now youā€™re getting personal. Why canā€™t you be disagreed with without flying off the handle? I generally agree with you but thereā€™s always a Torrance Gibson and Haynes King that makes you uppity.
Disagree all you want. Iā€™m married, Iā€™m used to being wrong. I presented simple facts that most QBā€™s commit early. Which is a fact. But you want to argue and be a dick.

I donā€™t care when Ty Simpson commits or where he commits. I stated I doubt UT waits until next summer for a 2021 QB to commit. And you said itā€™s typical for QBā€™s to wait until summer before Senior year, which isnā€™t true. Thatā€™s all. And then you proceed to argue and be a dick with your cute all caps and emojis that you love so much.

Disagree all you want. Iā€™m married, Iā€™m used to being wrong. I presented simple facts that most QBā€™s commit early. Which is a fact. But you want to argue and be a dick.

I donā€™t care when Ty Simpson commits or where he commits. I stated I doubt UT waits until next summer for a 2021 QB to commit. And you said itā€™s typical for QBā€™s to wait until summer before Senior year, which isnā€™t true. Thatā€™s all. And then you proceed to argue and be a dick with your cute all caps and emojis that you love so much.
But you didnā€™t...you stuffed lasagna. You used MOST QBs in your generic, above it all tone and declare it law...I gave you multiple examples of HIGH PROFILE QBā€™s and the dates they committed to the school they eventually SIGNED with...and it didnā€™t meet your definition. Since weā€™re doing self important crystal ball shizz, Iā€™ll predict that this staff will accept Simpsonā€™s commitment WHENEVER he wishes to give it. Theyā€™re kicking tires on other QBs and maybe things will change with their evaluations, but right now heā€™s their top want and they ainā€™t issuing stupid message board ultimatums. I donā€™t think I used any emojiā€™s during this back and forth and youā€™re too lazy to adjust to any change of posting styles with your nose up Hubbā€™s tookus all the time. If using all-caps as emphasis offends you? Good it works!

So does that mean we may take 2 or just wait for him?
Yes

too easy...couldnā€™t resist. šŸ˜‰ Heā€™s their #1 and I doubt they take a 2nd in the same class...especially since heā€™s hinted towards that and it being unnecessary with Bailey and Salter. I think Arch Manning would be the next mountain in 23.

VN Store

Back