JG’s Growth at QB

RoaminVol

Dat Ninja
I know folks like bashing JG on here but if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have won most of those games. With the upcoming season upon us, do y'all see him making a jump his senior season. Im praying he finally puts it all together like Dobbs and Crompton did their senior seasons. Also hearing JG gained 30 pounds this offseason. I just hope JG’s work ethic translates into wins.

I know folks like bashing JG on here but if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have won most of those games. With the upcoming season upon us, do y'all see him making a jump his senior season. Im praying he finally puts it all together like Dobbs and Crompton did their senior seasons. Also hearing JG gained 30 pounds this offseason. I just hope JG’s work ethic translates into wins.
For Pete’s sake !!! When is enough enough ?

It seems like a waste of time, but here we go.

JG is an average to below average QB. There is a pile of evidence, but the most damning is the record. The eye test shows late reads, late throws, and some poor decision making. The number of 50/50 balls that were caught at Auburn 2 years ago, at Mizzou, and Ky...is astounding and a tribute to Palmer, Calloway, and Jennings. His deep ball is so poor, too many examples of underthrown passes to list.

Guts, he's got em
Desire, in spades
Attitude outside of the Georgia Dome seems to be on point.

But if the is 5% of our fan base left that believes he's the best option, I'd be shocked. That said...he was probably our safest option last year after Brian was injured for the 3rd time. All 3 qbs had terrible completion percentage.

We lost 2 unacceptable games to begin the year squarely on JG (imo)...Florida blew us out...on JG very poor 1st half, Bama goal line disaster on JG when we were competing....Georgia is not on him, but that was 1 quarter of fun and then a massacre.

The idea of putting it all together seems more unlikely than Compton's miracle season...we have the O-line...a vastly improving defense...experience backfield, and potential outside.

I wish JG well, I do not believe based on what I have seen that he will produce victories v the big 4

JG is an average to below average QB. There is a pile of evidence, but the most damning is the record. The eye test shows late reads, late throws, and some poor decision making. The number of 50/50 balls that were caught at Auburn 2 years ago, at Mizzou, and Ky...is astounding and a tribute to Palmer, Calloway, and Jennings. His deep ball is so poor, too many examples of underthrown passes to list.

Guts, he's got em
Desire, in spades

But if the is 5% of our fan base left that believes he's the best option, I'd be shocked. That said...he was probably our safest option last year after Brian was injured for the 3rd time. All 3 qbs had terrible completion percentage.

We lost 2 unacceptable games to begin the year squarely on JG (imo)...Florida blew us out...on JG very poor 1st half, Bama goal line disaster on JG when we were competing....Georgia is not on him, but that was 1 quarter of fun and then a massacre.

The idea of putting it all together seems more unlikely than Compton's miracle season...we have the O-line...a vastly improving defense...experience backfield, and potential outside.

I wish JG well, I do not believe based on what I have seen that he will produce victories v the big 4

I don’t disagree with a lot of what you say...except...he might very well be our best option...warts and all.

Agree. Solid post. Unfortunately, we don't have a clear cut option.....right now anyways....for someone else to start and be confident in their ability to lead the team to where we all want it to go.

Hopefully HB can be that guy.

But it appears JG will be the guy for the first snap of TNs season

Guts, he's got em
Desire, in spades

If your opinion is that the Georgia State and BYU losses are squarely on JG, it is my opinion that you are blinded by your hatred for him. The offense scored enough points to easily win those games IMO.

My hope for the young man is that he goes on to have the greatest story of redemption in history of Tennessee football.
This!! I’m praying JG has a successful year for us and goes out with a good senior season for us that puts us back into contention with the SEC East. Praying for ya JG you got this man!!

If your opinion is that the Georgia State and BYU losses are squarely on JG, it is my opinion that you are blinded by your hatred for him. The offense scored enough points to easily win those games IMO.
You must not remember the BYU game very well. Our defense played plenty good enough to win that game

I'll give ya GA St...Tennessee didn't show up defensively at all.

BYU- TN should've had 30 points on that team. They had 16 at the end of regulation. JG shares a lot of the blame for the offensive ineptitude

I'll give ya GA St...Tennessee didn't show up defensively at all.

BYU- TN should've had 30 points on that team. They had 16 at the end of regulation. JG shares a lot of the blame for the offensive ineptitude
He should shoulder some of the blame, but that game was won until the defense blew it!

No I remember because I was there. Everybody remembers the long pass to get into field goal range but nobody remembers that it shouldn't have been a field goal game
Yet it was a FG game, and the blown coverage should have never happened. How does the defense get a free pass on that play while JG takes the blame?

He should shoulder some of the blame, but that game was won until the defense blew it!
I view more as the game was in question as long as we couldn't put points on the board. Defense gave up a horrendous play. One play. QB made numerous bad plays that could have put more points on the board or used up time. The defense gave up 16 points in regulation. That's plenty good enough to win a game if the offense wasn't anemic

Reactions: 08Vol
playing-violin-animated-gif-8.gif

One thing I know for sure the coaches tried to give the job to BM but kid was to fragile last year. To me if he can stay healthy to me he is the starter especially if he has a good fall camp. Dont get me wrong I like JG, he just has not been able to take his arm talent and translate to his Head. Philippians 4:6-7

Reactions: jarnol32

VN Store

Back