'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Type out his EXACT WORDS...not YOUR INTERPRETATION. Not reading the same thing. He’s CLEARLY STATING what his selection criteria is going to be based upon. It doesn’t always have to be an us vs them situation.

As far as Daniels? I agree. If the coaches want him, then they’ll take him. I doubt he even transfers unless that immediate eligibility is written in stone. He can grad transfer in a more clear air in another season or hell...maybe he regains the USC starting job. That’s if...he’s not...afraid of competition. 😎

“When [Tennessee quarterback Jarrett Guarantano] JG leaves, J.T. could be the guy. If that happens, great and good for them, but in that case, I’d need to do what is best for me and probably move on.”

I can’t help you if you don’t understand that.

Okay. So I was mistaken, although in my original post I did say that Simpson and Daniels would likely overlap by a year. I'm not going to assume that Daniels gets injured again. I'm not trying to argue semantics, my original point was only that it seems weird to be more concerned about J.T. Daniels (who hasn't even committed to us yet) and not Bailey and Salter, who are much more likely his direct competition.
How much do you seriously think he’s worried. You always completely on point when discussing your future with the media as a high school sophomore?

“When [Tennessee quarterback Jarrett Guarantano] JG leaves, J.T. could be the guy. If that happens, great and good for them, but in that case, I’d need to do what is best for me and probably move on.”

“Best for me” equals SCAIRT? Let me ask why tOSU isn’t brought up as a possible for Daniels? SCAIRT?

How much do you seriously think he’s worried. You always completely on point when discussing your future with the media as a high school sophomore?

Whatever. I made a simple observation about his J.T. Daniels name drop. I'm not insulting the kid, I just found it a strange mention. That was the entire extent of my point I was trying to make.

Seems like he is assuming JT would redshirt and take over after JG with 3 years remaining. I guess that's a possibility, though I'm betting he likely gets a waiver to play immediately, and in that case, he's the immediate starter, imo.

Again, please find my EXACT WORDS, not YOUR INTERPRETATION, of where I said he is scared of competition. I don’t know who you are arguing with, but it’s not me.
We’re finding a way to disagree...and you’re complicit. 😏

Seems like he is assuming JT would redshirt and take over after JG with 3 years remaining. I guess that's a possibility, though I'm betting he likely gets a waiver to play immediately, and in that case, he's the immediate starter, imo.
He can’t redshirt. Did that last year. Bet he has an internet machine that will tell him.

He said he's at a friends house, but he also said his dad was at UT Martin, and there just happens to be a UT Martin banner up there too... The plot thickens
I wouldn't look too much into that. I live in Martin. Most everyone here supports UTM. You can find them signs in many houses here in Weakley County.

He’s referring to the Tennessee’s class is about to crumble
I got that part. Why would that even be a thread title over there? I meant Am i missing something where we are about to have a lot of recommits or something?

I got that part. Why would that even be a thread title over there? I meant Am i missing something where we are about to have a lot of recommits or something?
I think they’ve seen the dream school tweeting some of our commits have been doing also Nixon’s tweet. Even some of Vol nation got a little worried over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tnhunter 10
Sounds like fan logic. WE decide what a true competitor is according to our own interests. This is my kid? I’m advising him to look at the total picture and his actions look on point.

His words imply it, spin it however you want that makes you feel better. Lines aren't that hard to read between sometimes. Not saying he won't be a competitor, but if he says it wouldn't be smart to go to a place with a lot of QBs, why is that? Perhaps he's afraid of not being able to win the starting job, unless there's another reason. Not saying it's dumb to think like that or anything. Maybe it's the smart move for him, I'm not disagreeing but it would mean there's concern about completion either way.

Yeah Tennessee is in UNC head. So now they are talking about the tweets from earlier. Georgia has started one about Nixon tweet. Vols in everyone head.

Yeah Tennessee is in UNC head. So now they are talking about the tweets from earlier. Georgia has started one about Nixon tweet. Vols in everyone head.
Good. They can EAD. They asked me to leave when i was over there on their free board and I didn’t even do anything. They’re a little insecure to say the least.

His words imply it, spin it however you want that makes you feel better. Lines aren't that hard to read between sometimes. Not saying he won't be a competitor, but if he says it wouldn't be smart to go to a place with a lot of QBs, why is that? Perhaps he's afraid of not being able to win the starting job, unless there's another reason. Not saying it's dumb to think like that or anything. Maybe it's the smart move for him, I'm not disagreeing but it would mean there's concern about completion either way.
Sorta like Daniels? If he transfers? Why not try to win the job back? We want this kind of guy?

VN Store

Back