Another bad apple (George Floyd case)

The knee being pinned on his carotid artery for that long a period of time would cut off blood flow, essentially shutting his brain down. Whether or not he died there or at the hospital is inconsequential.

I'm not saying there could not have been conditions that brought about acute health issues but what I've seen described is not consistent with that of a blood choke/sleeper hold scenario like you describe.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I'm not saying there could not have been conditions that brought about acute health issues but what I've seen described is not consistent with that of a blood choke/sleeper hold scenario like you describe.

It’s not a huge stretch to say that due to poor or cut off blood flow to the brain, the lungs stopped working since they depend on the brain to tell them to breathe.

The knee being pinned on his carotid artery for that long a period of time would cut off blood flow, essentially shutting his brain down. Whether or not he died there or at the hospital is inconsequential.
Do we know if that is what happened or are we jumping to a conclusion? My statement still stands. Regardless department policy wasn't followed so I'm perfectly comfortable with their firing. Let's wait until the medical examiner determines exact cause. It could be in some part related to drug use or it could be as you stated. We just don't know, yet we have people here claiming it murder.

It’s clear the guy is under the influence.

Yeah those cops are under the influence of a power trip.

So you can look at someone and determine that they are under the influence?

Haven’t cops roughed up citizens because they looked like they were under the “influence” but later it was determined to be a medical or mental issue?

Ricky you seem like you might actually be a good cop, but why continue to defend the indefensible? You would do a great service to your profession if you would come out and denounce these bad apples and bad actions.

If you were in a situation that your partner was killing an defenseless man would you step in and stop it? Or would you defend the thin blue line?

Haven’t cops roughed up citizens because they looked like they were under the “influence” but later it was determined to be a medical or mental issue?

Ricky you seem like you might actually be a good cop, but why continue to defend the indefensible? You would do a great service to your profession if you would come out and denounce these bad apples and bad actions.

If you were in a situation that your partner was killing an defenseless man would you step in and stop it? Or would you defend the thin blue line?
Yes I can tell if people are intoxicated. It’s pretty easy.

And I did denounce this guy and pointed out everything he did wrong. I totally support his firing

It’s not a huge stretch to say that due to poor or cut off blood flow to the brain, the lungs stopped working since they depend on the brain to tell them to breathe.

The thing that makes me believe that's unlikely is that he was talking about having trouble breathing. A carotid block does not block airflow but can quickly bring about unconsciousness. And worrying about the lungs after taking the brain to the point of respiratory failure is a bit cart before the horse.

I'm going to circle back and say the medical examination is going to be a big deal in this story.

Hmm... nope, that doesn’t indicate my beliefs at all. Saying they have a “decent self defense case” is stating an opinion, but doesn’t say that I agree with it.

Are you serious?

Your opinion is by definition, your view and judgment of a particular situation. You literally made the statement that you believed they had a "decent chance" at self defense, this implied that you utilized your personal judgement to formulate the qualitative chances and thus your belief in such.

Take this weak sht back to the football forum.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

Wait...

@Rickyvol77 is a cop?

That'd explain so much.

Reactions: Zues1
The thing that makes me believe that's unlikely is that he was talking about having trouble breathing. A carotid block does not block airflow but can quickly bring about unconsciousness. And worrying about the lungs after taking the brain to the point of respiratory failure is a bit cart before the horse.

I'm going to circle back and say the medical examination is going to be a big deal in this story.
I was taught a nice headlock move that was standard in the Vietnam era where you could just apply a little bit of pressure to a persons head and momentarily stop blood flow and knock em out almost instantly. Its impressive when done right.

Cant we think both are stupid for different reasons?

The post you are quoting doesn't say or imply otherwise, so not sure why you are asking in response. The point is not about where we should be assigning stupidity points and making it about that is asking for stupidity points to be leveled on your head, IMO.

Kap was raised by rich white people and him being an ignorant hypocrite was what i had issue with.

He could kneel anywhere he wants, i didnt care about that, the NFL had the right to not want his baggage.

Black lives that have been taken by whites or police are the only that matters. That debate is over and has been sealed in stone. Black mothers/fathers who lose children to black on black violence are ignored and stepped over because they aren't politically convenient to be cared about because they don't want to confront statistical facts that obliterate their convenient popular position.

So at least say truthfully.........Some black lives matter.

Kap was raised by rich white people and him being an ignorant hypocrite was what i had issue with.

He could kneel anywhere he wants, i didnt care about that, the NFL had the right to not want his baggage.
He also idolizes and defends Fidel Castro, you know that communist dictator who is such a bastion of social justice and fairness.

VN Store

Back