'21 TN OLB Junior Colson (Michigan commit)

Congratulations to the young man. Some of y'all are salty for no reason. I'm sure we'll have our own reasons to Smael about our LB prospects.

We already have the top LB's from
- Florida
- Maryland
- Alabama
Committed to us. That's crazy!

Not to mention Marley may become a LB, and he's just as big and athletic as Colson already.

Don't blame the young man, but if his parents love Michigan so much why do they choose to live in Tennessee?
Does every UT grad live in Tennessee? I would hope not. Many venture out, pursue their best opportunities, and spread the Vol Nation across the globe. There is a reason we say, "we are everywhere".

Don't blame the young man, but if his parents love Michigan so much why do they choose to live in Tennessee?

Lot's of auto workers from MI living in middle TN. In Columbia, the local stores carry UT, Bama and UM fan merchandise in almost equal quantities. Saturnites. Lot's of Red Wing fans too. No state income tax is the best reason besides the Nashville boom.

Reactions: Hawaiian Hammer
No need to bash the kid, if he feels like Michigan is the best fit for him then good luck. Plus it’s a long way until NSD, and you don’t want to burn any bridges incase of a potential transfer.
Lifetime decision and I think he has always been up front with the staff. I wish him a healthy career and I still hope we can get him.

He is a star student so no surprise he wants a Michigan degree. But let’s face it, their football program is in shambles right now. They can’t beat anyone with a pulse.

Lot's of auto workers from MI living in middle TN. In Columbia, the local stores carry UT, Bama and UM fan merchandise in almost equal quantities. Saturnites. Lot's of Red Wing fans too. No state income tax is the best reason besides the Nashville boom.
Those people are the reason the Preds exist. So many Red Wings fans bought tickets when the preds were a young franchise. Lived next door to a family of Michigan people in Franklin. Hardcore Wings fans.

Reactions: ksgovols
Those people are the reason the Preds exist. So many Red Wings fans bought tickets when the preds were a young franchise. Lived next door to a family of Michigan people in Franklin. Hardcore Wings fans.

Early on, yes. We called them Pred Wings. They cheered for the Preds when they werent playing the Red Wings. It caught on eventually.
There'll be alot more Middle TN kids going everywhere with the Titan's players making the Nashville area their home and the influx of out of staters. Not a gimme for UT anymore. Need to get our share.

Last edited:
I live in Wisconsin, never even lived in Tennessee but grew up vacationing there and know a few from there and all three of my kids know if anything ever aligned for them to come to UT they’d love to.

We saw the campus this summer and my son is WICKED smart and said he could see himself there.
my daughter fell in love with the charm of Of the state and people and she’s big into dance and wants to be on the dance team or cheerleading squad at UT. Warms my heart.

All three of my kids know Rocky Top by heart now. ❤️

but won a lil league game playing for the Flatrock Vols and went to Neyland and saw a game and never looked at another team until it became mainstream as I grew up. I knew where I was going based on that. It was parental influence. Nowadays that still happens despite different circumstances whether winning, benefits, or whatever it is.

Flatrock Vol here too, probably way before you were born though :)

Reactions: de1conley

VN Store

Back