Madison Hayes

So since MSST has had a coaching change, could Miss Hayes decommit from MSST and go to another school and still be eligible for playing this season? If she chooses another school, shouldn't decision be made pretty soon? I mean, usually, you do not hear of new signees this late in the year, especially for players just now coming out of high school and wanting to play this year. I know things are different due to the coaching change, and with COVID-19, many schools are still closed, but what deadline would she have to make the decision by if she decides to go elsewhere? I would love to have her at Tennessee! Would Tennessee still be interested since she turned down our offer originally, or is Coach Harper more interested in a Grad transfer guard, which is also looking slim this late in the season?

So since MSST has had a coaching change, could Miss Hayes decommit from MSST and go to another school and still be eligible for playing this season? If she chooses another school, shouldn't decision be made pretty soon? I mean, usually, you do not hear of new signees this late in the year, especially for players just now coming out of high school and wanting to play this year. I know things are different due to the coaching change, and with COVID-19, many schools are still closed, but what deadline would she have to make the decision by if she decides to go elsewhere? I would love to have her at Tennessee! Would Tennessee still be interested since she turned down our offer originally, or is Coach Harper more interested in a Grad transfer guard, which is also looking slim this late in the season?
Committed is not the same as signed. She can commit to anywhere until she signs. Committing is not an obligation. Different story after you sign.

Reactions: Rickster
Committed is not the same as signed. She can commit to anywhere until she signs. Committing is not an obligation. Different story after you sign.
Yup, exactly. MSST's other freshman decommitted and followed Vic to Texas. Hayes could do the same with no penalty or no need to jump through any hoops.

Reactions: Rickster
Yup, exactly. MSST's other freshman decommitted and followed Vic to Texas. Hayes could do the same with no penalty or no need to jump through any hoops.
I believe Hayes said in an interview that she would like to stay closer to home (may have been an interview with her mother). I would be a little surprised if she chose Texas if she would choose to decommit. DeYona' Gaston on the other hand is a Texas native and had Texas among her finalists, so she gets to play for the coaches she wanted to play for closer to home.

I believe her final-5 were Mississippi State, Louisville, NC State, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

:oops: I'm not sure why Tennessee feels like they need more recruiting pieces. They have a top class this year, and probably adding the other Key sister. Puckett was probably neck and neck between Tennessee/Mississippi State before Vic left. As soon as he was gone, her decision was made easy for her.

Madison stays Hail State.

Last edited:
Sounds like a little bulldog is hurt that Sara did not sign with them.

giphy.gif

:oops: I'm not sure why Tennessee feels like they need more recruiting pieces. They have a top class this year, and probably adding the other Key sister. Puckett was probably neck and neck between Tennessee/Mississippi State before Vic left. As soon as he was gone, her decision was made easy for her.

Madison stays Hail State.
Why does Miss St over sign every year then see a lot of players transfer out. Really strange to talk Tennessee when Miss St has been signing everybody and their little sister all the years that Vic was there and having to see two or three leave every year. Were only at 11 for 2021 more to come. Madison is no longer in our plans the position she would play is full and I'm sure if she left Miss St it would be texas.

Reactions: krichunaka
Why does Miss St over sign every year then see a lot of players transfer out. Really strange to talk Tennessee when Miss St has been signing everybody and their little sister all the years that Vic was there and having to see two or three leave every year. Were only at 11 for 2021 more to come. Madison is no longer in our plans the position she would play is full and I'm sure if she left Miss St it would be texas.

This year it makes sense bc they lost Vic Schaefer

Reactions: creekdipper
Sounds like a little bulldog is hurt that Sara did not sign with them.
giphy.gif

Not at all. I'm not much concerned about one player who I knew was going to Tennessee anyways. Our forum insiders confirmed she lost interest after Vic left, and said she was moving on from MSU after a phone call with McCray.

I'm just commenting about the strange speculation on Madison Hayes. I actually think Puckett is a great fit for Tennessee and I'm very congratulatory of Tennessee for picking up this Alabama recruit.

VN Store

Back